Why I’m no longer a Christian

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469900 Oct 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Going by what men say is not going to bring you to any truths you think exist.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have overthought the subject. Yes, we have all been duped. One should be skeptical; however, there comes a time when the person has to grab onto the truth, to stand on bedrock and declare, "I stand on this truth as the bedrock, irrefutable truth."
If you never do that, you will be double-minded, and a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Like I said - you are too ignorant to even know what you are trying to express.

Typical "Christian".
duststorm

League City, TX

#469901 Oct 24, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again for trying, but in your description you have the earth waaaay before the sun, moon and stars. How would that happen? How could you have the earth hanging out before the universe? Before the sun was even lit?
I actually don't care how you worship your god, but there are things that cannot be changed. You have the universe and ten billion years later, our sun was created out of collapsed gases, and out of that process was the planets formed. You cant have the earth just hanging out in space waiting for the universe to be formed and without a sun. It is impossible, no matter what sheep herders thought.
The bible is not a science book.
"Thanks for trying". I guess you see me as trying to convince you by arguments, and you perceive those arguments to be flawed.

I have never tried to prove the Bible to anyone on the thread. For that, there are great books and treatises which show a concordance of Bible concepts and science, anthropological discoveries, creation theories, history, weather, human experience, mental and physical health, etc.
I have heard of people coming to a belief in Christ after they have seen that proof.
Personally, I think a doubter is going to doubt.

duststorm

League City, TX

#469902 Oct 24, 2014
<quoted text>
You shouldn't claim you know what "God" does or doesn't do, because it is a blatant lie when you do.
Shame on you.
I wonder sometimes if you have a Catholic background, because when we born-agains state a Bible truth, it sounds like an arrogant, baseless, blatant lie to you. Catholics are not used to hearing someone proclaim that they are going to heaven. It sounds prideful. In fact, we are just so grateful that the Lord has saved us. We want others to have salvation also.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469903 Oct 24, 2014
<quoted text>
You shouldn't claim you know what "God" does or doesn't do, because it is a blatant lie when you do.
Shame on you.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder sometimes if you have a Catholic background, because when we born-agains state a Bible truth, it sounds like an arrogant, baseless, blatant lie to you. Catholics are not used to hearing someone proclaim that they are going to heaven. It sounds prideful. In fact, we are just so grateful that the Lord has saved us. We want others to have salvation also.
No need to wonder....I do have knowledge of Catholicism, as well as, multiple other religions.

What you state is incomplete, untruthful, and like I said, blatantly lie about knowing "God".

You don't, but only project an imagination of such entity.

What makes you so special that "God" looks upon you and then states all "He" knows to you, and only you? Being honest would dictate that you should answer with, "You are right, I've never met 'God', but use what other people have told me about 'Him', thus I hope that I will be able to view 'Him' one day, through things other men have told me to believe."

That is honesty.....something you refuse to have expressed.

Honesty also dictates that with you lying, you now have broken a commandment directly by bearing false witness against others.

Honesty is just one of many teachings Jesus taught that appears to not be a fundamentaly belief for fundamentals.
mike

AOL

#469904 Oct 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you have it all wrong, Mike! i've been down the road of contemporary 'christian' thought myself and i agree with you that much of it is futile.
faith in God's goodness is EVERYTHING and the average Christian doesn't understand this so we're begging God for the things he's already provided for in Christ!
few obtain to what Jesus intends for all who believe/receive when He said "I have come that they may have life and THAT more abundant!"
btw - it's very easy to walk in God's grace, but it's impossible to have peace in this world without Him:-)
Okay buddy
Now go get what your GOD has givin to you and give it to me !
Be careful what you read , it's mostly entertainment !

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469905 Oct 27, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Okay buddy
Now go get what your GOD has givin to you and give it to me !
Be careful what you read , it's mostly entertainment !
this is exactly what i'm trying to do!

i have Eternal Life and the associated peace & confidence and i'm here trying to give it away!

"freely you have received; freely give" - Jesus

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469906 Oct 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have Eternal Life and the associated peace & confidence and i'm here trying to give it away!
I am reminded of the tale of a young man who desired to marry the daughter of a rich and powerful man. The father told the young man that he could marry his daughter only if he brought her the Moon as a present. The young man went away, sad and dejected, until inspiration hit. He returned that night with water cupped in his hands, showing the reflection of the Moon

He brought not the Moon itself, but only a pale reflection of Moonlight, which is itself only a pale reflection of the light of the Sun. And that is all you offer us...
mike

AOL

#469907 Oct 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
When all else fails , try an illusion !

Living is hard , ain't it ?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469908 Oct 28, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I am reminded of the tale of a young man who desired to marry the daughter of a rich and powerful man. The father told the young man that he could marry his daughter only if he brought her the Moon as a present. The young man went away, sad and dejected, until inspiration hit. He returned that night with water cupped in his hands, showing the reflection of the Moon
He brought not the Moon itself, but only a pale reflection of Moonlight, which is itself only a pale reflection of the light of the Sun. And that is all you offer us...
"all you offer us..."

you don't speak for all mankind; you only speak for yourself since some of us actually do want to be reconciled to God and some do respond to the Gospel of hope

“The weirder, the better”

Since: Oct 14

Oak Park

#469910 Oct 29, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm nobody,...don't think much else !
I don't bore people with what I believe , it's for personal use .
I don't wonder why , or how life got here , unless of course , occasionally for a moment while under the influence of some mind altering substance ....we can't confirm anything we think anyway .
I'm not into a group of " Nuts " gathered together as truth .
Wondering why would drive you crazy. I chose a religion based on how it guides my life, how it helped me raise my kids and the community I became part of, not how it explains how we got here. I'm into a group of fairly normal people gathered together to pray, sing and then eat. If I wasn't Jewish, I'd be like you. Wouldn't even be in the market for a religion. If I was really obsessed with how life got here, I'd be a scientist.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469911 Oct 29, 2014
Aikifreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering why would drive you crazy. I chose a religion based on how it guides my life, how it helped me raise my kids and the community I became part of, not how it explains how we got here. I'm into a group of fairly normal people gathered together to pray, sing and then eat. If I wasn't Jewish, I'd be like you. Wouldn't even be in the market for a religion. If I was really obsessed with how life got here, I'd be a scientist.
umm...ok... nice, but - WHERE IS GOD IN ALL THIS?!
i.e., "guides life...raise kids...community...eat..etc "

and you wonder why God extended His family to include gentiles who are actually excited to know His Messiah/Christ?:-)
mike

AOL

#469912 Oct 29, 2014
Aikifreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply

Positive thinking is a start !

You don't need religion ,....try " Common sense / Practical sense " .

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469913 Oct 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"all you offer us..."
you don't speak for all mankind; you only speak for yourself since some of us actually do want to be reconciled to God and some do respond to the Gospel of hope
First, you must demonstrate "God". Then you must show why he, or you, need "reconciliation".

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469916 Oct 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>First, you must demonstrate "God". Then you must show why he, or you, need "reconciliation".
one Word- and make no mistake, your eternal future depends on your receiving or rejecting It:

JESUS!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469917 Oct 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>First, you must demonstrate "God". Then you must show why he, or you, need "reconciliation".
and by the way, Mac, i don't HAVE to do jack-sh!t! if you don't want God/Good, i'm not gonna loose any sleep over it:-)

“The weirder, the better”

Since: Oct 14

Oak Park

#469918 Oct 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm...ok... nice, but - WHERE IS GOD IN ALL THIS?!
i.e., "guides life...raise kids...community...eat..etc "
and you wonder why God extended His family to include gentiles who are actually excited to know His Messiah/Christ?:-)
"WHERE IS GOD IN ALL THIS?!" That's between me and God.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469919 Oct 30, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the reply
Positive thinking is a start !
You don't need religion ,....try " Common sense / Practical sense " .
faith is applicable to the spiritual/moral realm as common/practical sense is applicable to the physical realm. i.e., the 2 are not contrary to each other unless the anti-Christ & carnal mind makes it so;-)
yTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#469920 Oct 30, 2014

*POPE & Leaders agree Book of SATAN = ISRAEL's Solution --

http://youtu.be/yja3XJb6GkU

mike

AOL

#469921 Oct 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
faith is applicable to the spiritual/moral realm as common/practical sense is applicable to the physical realm. i.e., the 2 are not contrary to each other unless the anti-Christ & carnal mind makes it so;-)
Faith I understand , but what does GOD have to do with it ?

People exercise faith in many things , explain how GOD is necessary , please , you yourself as the example ?
mike

AOL

#469922 Oct 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
one Word- and make no mistake, your eternal future depends on your receiving or rejecting It:
JESUS!!!
Wishful thinking ?

Have you spoken to anyone in eternity ?

Not everyone is willing to except crap !

I wouldn't buy a boat I'm watching sink !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min NICK 88,568
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min BongoKrap 703,852
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Choir Loft 996,565
Poll ~ Should 911 have a New Investigation? ~ (Feb '11) 46 min Choir Loft 952
mgtow 3 hr GotIt 15
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr ChromiuMan 6,924
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 3 hr Choicerocks 8