Why I’m no longer a Christian
duststorm

League City, TX

#469863 Oct 18, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, another Christians who thinks humanity has only been on earth for 6500 years. There were millions of people on earth at that point.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_millennium_B...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...
I generally ascribe to the Young Earth Creationism, which was set forth accurately in the Wiki article. I even followed the Gap theory for several years, as it served to tidy up some apparent inconsistencies.

Do you believe that:
Light was created in an instant.
The light was then divided from the darkness.
There was an atmosphere created on the second day. God created an ozone covering to protect us. On that day the firmament of the heavens was created.
The third day he gathered the oceans and let the dry land appear. Seeds, trees, grass, fruits.
Fourth day was spectacular, what with the placing of the stars, sun, moon; then, he formed the rhythm of seasons, days, years.
Day five, animals and their reproduction each after his kind were created by God.

mike

AOL

#469864 Oct 18, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> I generally ascribe to the Young Earth Creationism, which was set forth accurately in the Wiki article. I even followed the Gap theory for several years, as it served to tidy up some apparent inconsistencies.
Do you believe that:
Light was created in an instant.
The light was then divided from the darkness.
There was an atmosphere created on the second day. God created an ozone covering to protect us. On that day the firmament of the heavens was created.
The third day he gathered the oceans and let the dry land appear. Seeds, trees, grass, fruits.
Fourth day was spectacular, what with the placing of the stars, sun, moon; then, he formed the rhythm of seasons, days, years.
Day five, animals and their reproduction each after his kind were created by God.
Wait !.....you can't have " Day and Night " without the " Sun ",..yet the " Sun " was created on the fourth day ,....talk about inconsistencies !

When fantasizing , you never need to fill-in the blank space .

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469869 Oct 20, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I too prefer the truth.
Genealogies set forth in the Bible may not account for exactly 6500 years. Many names of persons who were born in those lineages are not mentioned. If you wish to believe that mankind has existed on earth for 60,000 years or 6 million years, that is your prerogative. You have no exact method of determining the time frame. Neither do I. I lean towards a much younger age for Earth. I lean towards a quick and expeditious time frame for the creation of earth, actually less than a week in real time.
This is my opinion, born of my belief. In that you are correct.
No your opinion is based upon fantasy and stories.

My belief is based upon Scientific facts, archaeological evidence, and accurate dating of relics by scholars.

So no - people existed on this planet - included different regions of Earth....when you think the peopling only began in the 7th C. BCE. You are wrong and choose to be ignorant, because you refuse to research the truths you blindly follow.

BTW - the genealogy of names do not provide any evidence that these individuals actually existed, unless you have physical paperwork as in birth and death certificates....nor does it substantiate the age of the planet.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469870 Oct 20, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks
You do know it's human nature , at some point , people put their GOD to the side and live .
Pretending GOD is real , become's tiresome !
"UNLESS you're born again, you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus

i.e., OF COURSE this would all be just tedious superstition/religious mumbo-jumbo if it weren't for the born-again experience!:-)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#469872 Oct 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"UNLESS you're born again, you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus
i.e., OF COURSE this would all be just tedious superstition/religious mumbo-jumbo if it weren't for the born-again experience!:-)
You realize you are quoting the anonymous primary author of the 4th gospel, not Jesus, right?

But yes, you have to delude yourself to make that nonsense work for you.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469873 Oct 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize you are quoting the anonymous primary author of the 4th gospel, not Jesus, right?
But yes, you have to delude yourself to make that nonsense work for you.
no - i don't realize that cuz it's not true. there is in fact a Jesus and He lives within His Body which is the Church of Christ on earth. therefore,'if you don't receive me you're also not receiving Christ, Who is the only Person able to save you from your sin'- quoting Jesus again only paraphrased through me, His ambassador:-)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469874 Oct 21, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Wait !.....you can't have " Day and Night " without the " Sun ",..yet the " Sun " was created on the fourth day ,....talk about inconsistencies !
When fantasizing , you never need to fill-in the blank space .
Don't know if this will help with the big picture: Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

In the beginning God said let there be light: and there was light. This is a light that illuminates without sun or moon or stars. It is an all-encompassing light.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469875 Oct 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No your opinion is based upon fantasy and stories.
My belief is based upon Scientific facts, archaeological evidence, and accurate dating of relics by scholars.
So no - people existed on this planet - included different regions of Earth....when you think the peopling only began in the 7th C. BCE. You are wrong and choose to be ignorant, because you refuse to research the truths you blindly follow.
BTW - the genealogy of names do not provide any evidence that these individuals actually existed, unless you have physical paperwork as in birth and death certificates....nor does it substantiate the age of the planet.
Actually, the peopling began 3500 B.C.
As far as names being written down, you are definitely on the right track, because names are important, and they are written down. Every name since the foundation of the world has been written down; however, when the person chooses to willfully and repeatedly deny the Lord, his name will be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life.
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#469877 Oct 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how am i a sleazy retard, kait?(lick your dad's....off the bathroom floor)
people have explained that to you several times.

you do not seem to understand

no surprise

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469878 Oct 22, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> I generally ascribe to the Young Earth Creationism, which was set forth accurately in the Wiki article. I even followed the Gap theory for several years, as it served to tidy up some apparent inconsistencies.
Do you believe that:
Light was created in an instant.
The light was then divided from the darkness.
There was an atmosphere created on the second day. God created an ozone covering to protect us. On that day the firmament of the heavens was created.
The third day he gathered the oceans and let the dry land appear. Seeds, trees, grass, fruits.
Fourth day was spectacular, what with the placing of the stars, sun, moon; then, he formed the rhythm of seasons, days, years.
Day five, animals and their reproduction each after his kind were created by God.
Quite wrong. About 14.5 billion years ago was the big bang and the firmament was established on day one. Then about 4.6 billions years ago a gas cloud collapsed and our sun was born. Sun first, then the planets start to accrete after from the remains of the dust cloud left over from the birth of the sun. Here is that time line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_and_ev...

And still no oceans to divide. It took quite a lot of time for our atmosphere to condense water, and water squeezed from inside the earth and from the bombardment of bodies still in space to accumulate enough water for oceans and lakes and rivers. After the water then life can begin and start to evolve. Whether it started around the millions of volcanic vents, just in water, or brought to earth from the bombardment from another exploded star system, we don't know yet, but it started.

And the bible is all wrong as to when and how. You cant have oceans before the sun, you cant have a planet before the sun. The sun is first, the planets form, and ours was a very hot and molten planet, so no oceans for millions of years as it cooled down. You have to have a sun and rotation to have day and night, or seasons as they depend on the rotation and the tilt on the planets axis.

The bible is not a science book and 6 days just don't cut it.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469879 Oct 22, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know if this will help with the big picture: Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
In the beginning God said let there be light: and there was light. This is a light that illuminates without sun or moon or stars. It is an all-encompassing light.
So you take other peoples nightmares seriously? That is all that Revelations is. He had a nightmare and wrote it down. That is so much really real proof. Maybe I should tell you about my nightmares. Would have just as much credibility as Revelations. And by the way he was speaking of heaven, not earth. In his vision, he was visiting heaven.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469880 Oct 22, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
people have explained that to you several times.
you do not seem to understand
no surprise
'judge not lest you be judged'

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469881 Oct 22, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the peopling began 3500 B.C.
As far as names being written down, you are definitely on the right track, because names are important, and they are written down. Every name since the foundation of the world has been written down; however, when the person chooses to willfully and repeatedly deny the Lord, his name will be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life.
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
You are so confused.

There is no list that has recorded people or their names. You are making this up.

Where did you get this information?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469882 Oct 22, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the peopling began 3500 B.C.
As far as names being written down, you are definitely on the right track, because names are important, and they are written down. Every name since the foundation of the world has been written down; however, when the person chooses to willfully and repeatedly deny the Lord, his name will be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life.
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
And to prove you wrong, yet again....

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/

Play this interactive video......and you too will be informed on where humans originated from.

"The map will show for the first time the interaction of migration and climate over this period. We are the descendants of a few small groups of tropical Africans who united in the face of adversity, not only to the point of survival but to the development of a sophisticated social interaction and culture expressed through many forms. Based on a synthesis of the mtDNA and Y chromosome evidence with archaeology, climatology and fossil study, Stephen Oppenheimer has tracked the routes and timing of migration, placing it in context with ancient rock art around the world."
mike

AOL

#469883 Oct 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"UNLESS you're born again, you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus
i.e., OF COURSE this would all be just tedious superstition/religious mumbo-jumbo if it weren't for the born-again experience!:-)
Thanks for making me laugh .
mike

AOL

#469884 Oct 22, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know if this will help with the big picture: Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
In the beginning God said let there be light: and there was light. This is a light that illuminates without sun or moon or stars. It is an all-encompassing light.
Thanks

Where is this light now , it was used to make the first , second , and third day ?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469885 Oct 23, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for making me laugh .
i kinda like you mike!

if you're ever sick and tired of being sick and tired, let me know and i can lead you into getting born again!:-)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469886 Oct 23, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks
Where is this light now , it was used to make the first , second , and third day ?
The light which illumined the dark world was a broad, diffused light.
Then God decided to place the sun, moon, and stars for the purpose of defining days, weeks, years, seasons, tides. We are somehow created to be aware of the passage of time, and to track
time in hours, months, using sundials, pyramids, astrolabe, now the world clock.
The Bible answer to your question is that Jesus is the light of the world. Those of us who have taken him as Savior have had our souls illumined with the light. We walk in the light, as he is in the light.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469887 Oct 23, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so confused.
There is no list that has recorded people or their names. You are making this up.
Where did you get this information?
There is not one sparrow which has fallen to the earth that God does not know about.
What is man that God should be mindful of him? One day the books will be opened, and all whose names are not found written in the Lamb's Book of Life will be thrown over the edge of the abyss.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469888 Oct 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>

And by the way he was speaking of heaven, not earth. In his vision, he was visiting heaven.
Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min arrr 25,079
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min pusherman_ 985,610
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 1 hr Ricky F 1,832
iMFifa Supply of Cheap FIFA 18 Coins 3 hr sheryyli 2
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 5 hr C Kersey 4
Anyone know any good deals from NoKeys? 6 hr NOKEYS 2
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 8 hr Laredo 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 hr Michael 685,540
More from around the web