Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469157 Jul 8, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't read the Secret Gospel of Mark, huh?
there is no such thing as a "secret" gospel and therefore you can take it and stick it up your toxic waste down-spout;-)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#469159 Jul 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no such thing as a "secret" gospel and therefore you can take it and stick it up your toxic waste down-spout;-)
And yet there is.

Odd, huh?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#469160 Jul 11, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Forgot about him. Mark 14 I think at Jesus' arrest.
There is another unnamed young man in Mark 10 that Jesus meets and immediately "loves".
Add in the unnamed young man Jesus raises from the dead and spends the night with in Secret Mark as well as the unnamed young man in Jesus' empty tomb in Mark 16, and you may have wisps of a significant subplot left from an earlier version of Mark -- one that is very suggestive.
Some argue that these unnamed young men are all the same character -- the prototype for both Lazarus and the Beloved Disciple in John.
Seems there was something going on.
the character jesus the christ as depicted in the christian bible is openly gay.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469161 Jul 11, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the character jesus the christ as depicted in the christian bible is openly gay.
"Christ had his John, and I have my George."

-- King James referring to his lover, George Villiers, Earl of Buckingham.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469164 Jul 17, 2014
So, what have I missed? ;)
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469165 Jul 17, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
Just me.

:)
headlinesYTube

Marietta, GA

#469166 Jul 17, 2014

*VATICAN - ISRAEL 7 Year Agreement to be "suddenly" -------

http://youtu.be/rFKJ64c_uFA

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469167 Jul 17, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is.....here is a link to the text that says it exists.
http://gnosis.org/library/secm.htm

"In the document, authoritatively attributed to Clement of Alexandria, a "Secret Gospel of Mark" is mentioned. Clement presents fragments from the text of this secret gospel which he claims was at that time in the custody of the Church in Alexandria but kept secret. Perhaps the most important issue confirmed by this letter is the fact that in Clement's time "hierophantic teachings of the Lord" and Gospel texts now lost were still transmitted within the church to a select group of Christians. Fragments attributed to the Secret Gospel of Mark are shown below in italics."

Why do cover your eyes to facts? Are you scared of the truth?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469168 Jul 17, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
Fear not, brethren and sistren. I am with you yet.

Or, in the vernacular, "Hi, y'all!"

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#469170 Jul 19, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the document, authoritatively attributed to Clement of Alexandria, a "Secret Gospel of Mark" is mentioned. Clement presents fragments from the text of this secret gospel which he claims was at that time in the custody of the Church in Alexandria but kept secret. Perhaps the most important issue confirmed by this letter is the fact that in Clement's time "hierophantic teachings of the Lord" and Gospel texts now lost were still transmitted within the church to a select group of Christians. Fragments attributed to the Secret Gospel of Mark are shown below in italics."
It is a fact.

About 50 years ago Morton Smith claimed to have found a partial copy of a letter from Clement of Alexandria quoting two passages from a version of the Gospel of Mark.

I believe the letter to be a genuine Clementine text.

Arguments against it in recent times have been mostly theologically motivated and failed attempts to discredited it. But enter BAR and two hired experts with mixed results, the negative result being savaged by a former student of Smith.

Regardless, I have one of the few first editions of Smith's brilliant but flawed scholarly commentary on his find, "Clement of Alexandria and a Secret Gospel of Mark" -- available for a mere $500.

For an extra $200, I'll have him sign it.

What? He's dead?

Looks like that signature will cost a bit more.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469171 Jul 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Just me.
:)
I have my friend :) Sent you a shout out in the other place...Good to know you are still about, I wish you would drop a line from time to time to let me know all is well :D

Ann Arbor, MI

#469172 Jul 21, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Fear not, brethren and sistren. I am with you yet.
Or, in the vernacular, "Hi, y'all!"
Hey Mac, Good to read you again :D

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469173 Jul 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you cover your eyes to truth? are you scared that the Light will reveal your corrupted sinnful nature? rhetorical question;-)

Albuquerque, NM

#469174 Jul 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you cover your eyes to truth? are you scared that the Light will reveal your corrupted sinnful nature? rhetorical question;-)
Please state those "truths" that you think "I cover my eyes to?"

I'll wait.

Not a rhetorical question.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469175 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Please state those "truths" that you think "I cover my eyes to?"
I'll wait.
Not a rhetorical question.
umm, okay: The Authorized Bible!

it's up to you to itemize your way through "in the beginning" thru "come Lord Jesus" and everything in between:-)

Albuquerque, NM

#469176 Jul 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm, okay: The Authorized Bible!
it's up to you to itemize your way through "in the beginning" thru "come Lord Jesus" and everything in between:-)
Please post where "God" specifically states which books are "of His inspiration" and those which are not.

Please be specific.

"it's up to you to itemize your way through..."
- so you will promote the Self - yet dispute it with every breathe?

Why don't you believe Jesus then, when he specifically states "To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"?

All you seem to be doing is running around in a circle when you say these things.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469177 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Please post where "God" specifically states which books are "of His inspiration" and those which are not.
Please be specific.
"it's up to you to itemize your way through..."
- so you will promote the Self - yet dispute it with every breathe?
Why don't you believe Jesus then, when he specifically states "To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"?
All you seem to be doing is running around in a circle when you say these things.
well, similar to how new agers are inspired under satanic influence to say antichrist things, so Christians are inspired by God/Christ to be pro-Christ! Therefore, Paul was able to boldy say under Divine inspiration "ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God..." 2 Tim 3:16

you don't accept this you say?! go figure, and why do i bother continuing to answer your impertinent questioning.....

Albuquerque, NM

#469178 Jul 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, similar to how new agers are inspired under satanic influence to say antichrist things, so Christians are inspired by God/Christ to be pro-Christ! Therefore, Paul was able to boldy say under Divine inspiration "ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God..." 2 Tim 3:16
you don't accept this you say?! go figure, and why do i bother continuing to answer your impertinent questioning.....
Okay - let's say "All scripture".....where does "only the Bible texts" fall within this parameter.

You seemed to have not included many, many more documents that are scripture as well.

Are you trying to pull a fast one over others with the fake "Paul" text?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469179 Jul 21, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my friend :) Sent you a shout out in the other place...Good to know you are still about, I wish you would drop a line from time to time to let me know all is well :D
Good to hear from you.

I can't get into my account there.

They want me to verify I know Chess' birth date as a security question.

Heck. I made it up and don't remember.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469180 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Okay - let's say "All scripture".....where does "only the Bible texts" fall within this parameter.
You seemed to have not included many, many more documents that are scripture as well.
Are you trying to pull a fast one over others with the fake "Paul" text?
let's simplify this for you:

when i say ALL SCRIPTURE, i'm referring to the authorized books of the Bible which Jews and Christians have been accepting as God-breathed for nearly 3500 years.

the so-called 'go-gospels' are excluded as gnostic/antichrist propganda and some apocrypha could be considered valuable, but not timeless.

how's that?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min BenAdam 866,163
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Rosa_Winkel 2,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min disciple 600,245
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min MUQ2 40,926
Poll Are Mexicans Taking Over America (May '13) 1 min Pine Nut 3
Poll Will US Govt close Mexican border? (Apr '09) 1 min Pine Nut 23
Poll should white men marry mexican women? (May '10) 1 min Pine Nut 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,469
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr imr 48
More from around the web