Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469670 Sep 3, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"We know, on the authority of Moses, that longer than six thousand years the world did not exist."
Martin Luther, "Lectures on Genesis"
Sorry, I miscalculated. Six thousand years.
how many years do you think this earth has been around and why/who do you believe?

gaytheists seem to believe that the more zeros they add to the number of years, the more probable their ridiculous theories become....

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469671 Sep 3, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
when i look at myself these days, all i see is the Blood of Atonement.
does this anger you, cain-khatru? sin is crouching at the door and its desire is to overtake you....
Uh-oh

There's that xtian blood fixation again.
Cheetah

Anonymous Proxy

#469672 Sep 3, 2014
Jesus never claimed to be God's son and he wasn't. He was just a man.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469673 Sep 3, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"People gave ear to an upstart astrologer [Copernicus] who strove to show that the earth revolves, not the heavens or the firmament, the sun and the moon. Whoever wishes to appear clever must devise some new system, which of all systems is of course the very best. This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred scripture tells us [Joshua 10:13] that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth."
God must have misinformed Christians about the mechanics of the solar system. Seems strange the creator of the universe didn't understand the physics of his own design, unless he was just an invetion of morons like Luther.
Martin Luther, "Works," Volume 22, c. 1543
55 bleedin' volumes of "Werke".

Hi, AC.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469674 Sep 3, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
Jesus never claimed to be God's son and he wasn't. He was just a man.
lol - ya gotta luv these pesky lil devils that come out of nowhere to blaspheme!

i always like to ask them in return - how uncomfortably hot do you think the earth's core is?

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#469675 Sep 3, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>55 bleedin' volumes of "Werke".
Hi, AC.
Hey Mac. After all this time there is still no intelligent Christian life on this thread.
Wow

Mountain View, CA

#469676 Sep 3, 2014
Hi, this might help :)

Micah 3:11-12 NKJV
Her heads judge for a bribe, Her priests teach for pay, And her prophets divine for money. Yet they lean on the LORD, and say, "Is not the LORD among us? No harm can come upon us." [12] Therefore because of you Zion shall be plowed like a field, Jerusalem shall become heaps of ruins, And the mountain of the temple Like the bare hills of the forest.
Cheetah

Russia

#469677 Sep 3, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - ya gotta luv these pesky lil devils that come out of nowhere to blaspheme!
i always like to ask them in return - how uncomfortably hot do you think the earth's core is?
What does temperature at Earth's core have to do with it? Are you really naive enough to believe the Christian Hell is actually located inside our planet? Is that actually what you're implying?

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#469678 Sep 3, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the reply
I'll gadly be a fool,...just don't kill me for not believing in a GOD,..I know how eager you believer's are willing to kill.
Mike, no way man!! Willing to kill? It is a challenge explaining how things are in THIS administration to those who have not studied (I.e., in depth study). Dude this is like anything we have done. Like playing sports; practice. How can I say this? We human beings are born in sin because of the treason of Adam and Eve. Thus, sin got into the blood. God sent his own son in the likeness of sinful flesh and condemned sin in the flesh. This is why we so much like those pleasures. There is no way as a "believer" I want to kill you as those peeps in the middle east ... Please. You have free will and free to believe whatever suits you. This is merely food for thought
No biggie man.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469679 Sep 3, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac. After all this time there is still no intelligent Christian life on this thread.
Well, that may be a bit of a generalization. I like a couple of 'em.
mike

AOL

#469680 Sep 4, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, no way man!! Willing to kill? It is a challenge explaining how things are in THIS administration to those who have not studied (I.e., in depth study). Dude this is like anything we have done. Like playing sports; practice. How can I say this? We human beings are born in sin because of the treason of Adam and Eve. Thus, sin got into the blood. God sent his own son in the likeness of sinful flesh and condemned sin in the flesh. This is why we so much like those pleasures. There is no way as a "believer" I want to kill you as those peeps in the middle east ... Please. You have free will and free to believe whatever suits you. This is merely food for thought
No biggie man.
Thanks for the reply

Read the story again,..sin existed before mankind, earth was home to evil,..mankind didn't stand a chance.

What parent would leave a child in front of the stove with the burners on,..tell the child don't touch the fire,..then leave the house for days expecting the child never to touch the fire?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469681 Sep 5, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
No biggie man.
When do you think this Adam and Eve lived? Ten thousand years ago? Twenty thousand?

The Dna of modern humans goes back over 200,000 thousand years on one mitochrondial line. There are many lines, but only one that goes back that far of women having daughters every generation.

So that is way past when Adam and Eve were here. This is back to the point of us breeding with Neanderthal and we know our ancestors go back to the austropithicine LUCY who is about 2 million years old.

The entire Christian religion is based on the original sin of Adam and Eve. Science has shown that they never existed. There is no original sin, nothing to feel guilty about for being born a human. There may have been a preacher named Jesus, but he definitely was not divine, only made into a hero and a divine inspiration by Paul. Paul created the Christian religion, not Jesus. Paul was a pagan who bought Roman citizenship. Paul created the eucharist. No Jew of any sort would have anything to do with eating human flesh and drinking human blood, which is exactly what that simple ceremony represent. Here is my flesh and my blood. Eat and drink of it. Horrible.

Its hard to imagine what people have been forced to do for their religion cause you cant think any more once you get with the program.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469682 Sep 5, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
What does temperature at Earth's core have to do with it? Are you really naive enough to believe the Christian Hell is actually located inside our planet? Is that actually what you're implying?
1st - there is no "Christian Hell" because they've been redeemed from corruption by the Blood of the Lamb

2nd - you'll know soon enough if there's a hell for the unredeemed and where it might be. are you the crazy reckless gambling sort?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469683 Sep 5, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"intelligent" - LOL!

does that lil blob of grey matter between your ears think it's 'intelligent' cuz it loves antichristian propaganda?;-)

Rochester, NY

#469684 Sep 5, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think this Adam and Eve lived? Ten thousand years ago? Twenty thousand?
The Dna of modern humans goes back over 200,000 thousand years on one mitochrondial line. There are many lines, but only one that goes back that far of women having daughters every generation.
So that is way past when Adam and Eve were here. This is back to the point of us breeding with Neanderthal and we know our ancestors go back to the austropithicine LUCY who is about 2 million years old.
The entire Christian religion is based on the original sin of Adam and Eve. Science has shown that they never existed. There is no original sin, nothing to feel guilty about for being born a human. There may have been a preacher named Jesus, but he definitely was not divine, only made into a hero and a divine inspiration by Paul. Paul created the Christian religion, not Jesus. Paul was a pagan who bought Roman citizenship. Paul created the eucharist. No Jew of any sort would have anything to do with eating human flesh and drinking human blood, which is exactly what that simple ceremony represent. Here is my flesh and my blood. Eat and drink of it. Horrible.
Its hard to imagine what people have been forced to do for their religion cause you cant think any more once you get with the program.
Hey sweets,
A fascinating discussion here. I am a student of the Scriptures, thus inclined to take words apart and find their meaning. When you say "religion", do you mean doctrine? I get turn around with semantics. Religion, as defined in the bible, is a ceremonial observance. Doctrine is instruction. Once we "get on the same page", we will get better understanding, well, I will ...

Rochester, NY

#469685 Sep 5, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the reply
Read the story again,..sin existed before mankind, earth was home to evil,..mankind didn't stand a chance.
What parent would leave a child in front of the stove with the burners on,..tell the child don't touch the fire,..then leave the house for days expecting the child never to touch the fire?
Mike, so true with the parenting!! With respect to sin, from what I understand, it began when Lucifer, the angel of Light got booted out of heaven on account of mutiny. Then, humans (via Eve and Adam) transferred the dominion of Earth to him. Yeah, we are in a messy situation, dude.

Cambridge, UK

#469686 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1st - there is no "Christian Hell" because they've been redeemed from corruption by the Blood of the Lamb
2nd - you'll know soon enough if there's a hell for the unredeemed and where it might be. are you the crazy reckless gambling sort?
Uh-oh

There's that blood fixation again.

Oh holy holy holy

Cambridge, UK

#469687 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"intelligent" - LOL!
does that lil blob of grey matter between your ears think it's 'intelligent' cuz it loves antichristian propaganda?;-)
I don't think there is anything in the Bible that praioses intelligence so I wouldn't pay much attention to your view on what constitutes intelligence,

Cambridge, UK

#469688 Sep 5, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sweets,
A fascinating discussion here. I am a student of the Scriptures, thus inclined to take words apart and find their meaning. When you say "religion", do you mean doctrine? I get turn around with semantics. Religion, as defined in the bible, is a ceremonial observance. Doctrine is instruction. Once we "get on the same page", we will get better understanding, well, I will ...
Do you get your definitions of words from the Bible or from the dictionaries?

I think that's an important point that needs to be ironed out.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469689 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh
There's that blood fixation again.
Oh holy holy holy
demons mock the Blood cuz it means complete victory for the redeemed, but it wasn't shed for them.

why would any human be so stupid and evil enough to side with devils to their own demise?

are you an extreme sadomasichist and do you like molten fire?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Clearwater 104,781
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 673,352
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
More from around the web