Why I’m no longer a Christian

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#469097 Jun 1, 2014
Hubby and I visiting a small town in southern indiana called SANTA CLAUS, IN. We went to the museum and village. The "village" is actually just two buildings. The orginial post office and a church built in 1858. We went into both ( and to all the christurds, no I wasn't struck by lightening) The building itself was so simplistic. Pews, woodstove for cold mornings, wooden pulpit, an organ that was the size of a chest of drawers. and a choir loft. There were two stained glass windows that were added in the 1920s.

The thought that went thru my head......... here is a place set aside to worship christian god. it is simplistic and yet i am pretty sure that the people who built and worshipped in this church did so pure of heart.

Yet today we have these mega churches that are oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh so grand to lure people inside.

Rarely do you see a church today built with the main focus on worship and community as was this small church.

wonder what they knew that christurds today do not know?
Game Over

Athens, TN

#469102 Jun 6, 2014
Yeah, by the way, where IS the nearest atheistic orphanage?
Game Over

Athens, TN

#469103 Jun 6, 2014
Oh, that's right...
Game Over

Charlotte, NC

#469104 Jun 22, 2014
Check out truelogic's blog. AKA beijair. AKA fcuking jobless loser. Posting his insanity since 2009. Well, ever since his "Christian Lies Exposed" thread imploded under his massive hypocrisy.
Game Over

Charlotte, NC

#469105 Jun 22, 2014
Ka-BOOOOOMMMMMM!
VIKING WARRIOR

Neptune, NJ

#469106 Jun 22, 2014
Shivar wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because everyone has known for years what an irredeemable d-bag you are.
Wow.......just Wow..........he tries to be a beautiful, reconciling person and you call him a d-bag

Crazy
VIKING WARRIOR

Neptune, NJ

#469107 Jun 22, 2014
Game Over wrote:
Ka-BOOOOOMMMMMM!
Thank God

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469108 Jun 24, 2014
afer years and years of toiling back and forth with the pagans here, all i came away with is the idea that mac is no longer a Christian because water_nymph won't allow him to be!

sigh.....what a waste of time!
apostate christianity

Baltimore, MD

#469109 Jun 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
afer years and years of toiling back and forth with the pagans here, all i came away with is the idea that mac is no longer a Christian because water_nymph won't allow him to be!
you poor Bozo?
you should be happy,that God gave you this time to waist,
but instead say
O GOD/THANK YOU?
you seat fart,complain ,cry like drank baby from mama breast drinking fermented beer,
and assume how big you are?
dr Shrink can tell you,in dr Shrink eyes,you are Bozo,vermin,lost poor unsaved miserable creature,
when you start listen FR,maybe you will find right narrow track,

but now?you are very poor?on the top,inside your heart,even you are not able to fart after stinking mc donald hamburgers,
just you are jerk of own 1 inch long hot dog,hanging between your legs,like dead goat clitoris
VIKING WARRIOR

Neptune, NJ

#469110 Jun 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
True that brother.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469111 Jun 25, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
True that brother.
yeah-lol! now i got this shrinky dink stalker with an unclean fart spirit following me around from thread to thread just to bother me!

if you could take care of this lil 'problem' for me i'd really appreciate it. thanks bro!
duststorm

League City, TX

#469114 Jun 30, 2014
WaterNymph thought the word hope as we Christians use it was a tentative, tenuous hope. She didn't know it is a sure hope. WaterNymph did not consider herself a sinner in need of salvation.
WaterNymph spent a lot of time flying around in a handbasket, using the word "smite".
Is she real sick now?
Did Clownie die? Did Hip Gnosis die? Did Ambiguity die? I'm pretty sure XCentrik passed on into eternity.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469115 Jun 30, 2014
duststorm wrote:
WaterNymph thought the word hope as we Christians use it was a tentative, tenuous hope. She didn't know it is a sure hope. WaterNymph did not consider herself a sinner in need of salvation.
WaterNymph spent a lot of time flying around in a handbasket, using the word "smite".
Is she real sick now?
Did Clownie die? Did Hip Gnosis die? Did Ambiguity die? I'm pretty sure XCentrik passed on into eternity.
Hello, Dusty.

Sorry, but "sure hope" is a contradiction in terms - you appear to mean "certainty", which is a whole different word with a whole different meaning.

Can't answer for anyone else, but Nymph and I are both fine. Thanks for asking.

Clownie, I believe, just changed socks. Hip apparently became fed up with trying to explain things to people who don't understand logic, and X is now otherwise occupied with matters familial.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#469116 Jun 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah-lol! now i got this shrinky dink stalker with an unclean fart spirit following me around from thread to thread just to bother me!
if you could take care of this lil 'problem' for me i'd really appreciate it. thanks bro!
That's OK. You and Viking can just have a big daisy chain, with Old Fart taking up the rear.
:-)

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#469117 Jun 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, Dusty.
Sorry, but "sure hope" is a contradiction in terms - you appear to mean "certainty", which is a whole different word with a whole different meaning.
Clownie, I believe, just changed socks. Hip apparently became fed up with trying to explain things to people who don't understand logic, and X is now otherwise occupied with matters familial.
I'm pleased to hear that you both are, mate.

Another Xian wishing people dead. And then you wonder why so many funerals are held in churches? Go figure.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469118 Jul 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. You and Viking can just have a big daisy chain, with Old Fart taking up the rear.
:-)
LMAO! I LIKE YOU!!!

i'm not threatened by you and i think you're funny, even if you are water_nymph - aka kait the wolf witch and/or many different genders and in many different geographical locations in your mind! just have some fun and be yourself for crying out loud!:-)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469119 Jul 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! I LIKE YOU!!!
i'm not threatened by you and i think you're funny, even if you are water_nymph - aka kait the wolf witch and/or many different genders and in many different geographical locations in your mind! just have some fun and be yourself for crying out loud!:-)
That is so weird that WaterNymph would have picked up on the Kait the Wolf Witch persona, who was so very profane and screechy and half- crazed.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469120 Jul 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, Dusty.
Mac, I'm glad you're still here, because it means that the Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy has granted you more time to repent and believe.
My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. Yes, it is certainty.
Whether I continue to hope in eternal salvation makes no difference. I'm already saved, past tense.

“Permanently Baffled”

Since: Jul 14

Clarence Park, Australia

#469121 Jul 1, 2014
I am completely non-religious. I don't think much about the God question because it seems a hopeless line of inquiry. You could class me as an atheist and I wouldn't object, but I don't have strong feelings that God doesn't exist. I just don't care.

I enjoyed the original post, and it was interesting for me to read, as someone who grew up in a non-religious family.

But here is the thing that i don't understand about Christianity that always seems to be absent from all of the debates and discussions, even with atheists involved. That is simply that it makes not one bit of sense. Everything about it is random non-sequiter drivel. I can't point to the bits that are non-sensical, except to say EVERY single last bit of it. It's the elephant in the room.

Here's what happens next. Christians will start doing that religo-babble thing (like duststorm above me) at me - just all these strange religious phrases pastiched to together in random order. I always imagine in my mind's eye that they have they have their palms pressed together as they make these solemn but utterly meaningless utterances. They'll start quoting scripture - which always leaves me cold. I can barely read to the end of a scriptural passage before my brain dies.

I have had Christian friends and I have asked them specifically about certain things, and what they mean, and I swear to God (joke intended) it is like they have never thought of these simple issues before. These are just basic, SIMPLE questions about the meaning of the Jesus story. Nobody can answer them! What are people doing when they "study scripture" like they claim?!! It's like a great big joke that everyone is in on (atheists included) but me.

Seriously, I think that religious talk is just a profoundly inarticulate expression of all the feelings that we humans have - which you can label "spiritual" if you think it helps. I think Jesus-babble is just a comforting sound like a Hindu mantra. When i visited Africa for the first time 4 years ago I found that Africans are very religious, but they are way different to westerners. So the average Ghanaian, for instance, identifies as Christian, but is as far from a southern baptist American as I am. And thankfully, they don't let their religion get in the way of a good time!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#469122 Jul 2, 2014
Yes, the first series of posts was great. Revealing.

Bye-bye religion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 106,062
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Democrats for Trump 55,897
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 44,927
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min X Pendable 182,933
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 34 min MUQ2 430
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 34 min WasteWater 2,305
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min brandy trujillo 971,739
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 650,010
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 21 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web