Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469682 Sep 5, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
What does temperature at Earth's core have to do with it? Are you really naive enough to believe the Christian Hell is actually located inside our planet? Is that actually what you're implying?
1st - there is no "Christian Hell" because they've been redeemed from corruption by the Blood of the Lamb

2nd - you'll know soon enough if there's a hell for the unredeemed and where it might be. are you the crazy reckless gambling sort?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469683 Sep 5, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac. After all this time there is still no intelligent Christian life on this thread.
"intelligent" - LOL!

does that lil blob of grey matter between your ears think it's 'intelligent' cuz it loves antichristian propaganda?;-)

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#469684 Sep 5, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think this Adam and Eve lived? Ten thousand years ago? Twenty thousand?
The Dna of modern humans goes back over 200,000 thousand years on one mitochrondial line. There are many lines, but only one that goes back that far of women having daughters every generation.
So that is way past when Adam and Eve were here. This is back to the point of us breeding with Neanderthal and we know our ancestors go back to the austropithicine LUCY who is about 2 million years old.
The entire Christian religion is based on the original sin of Adam and Eve. Science has shown that they never existed. There is no original sin, nothing to feel guilty about for being born a human. There may have been a preacher named Jesus, but he definitely was not divine, only made into a hero and a divine inspiration by Paul. Paul created the Christian religion, not Jesus. Paul was a pagan who bought Roman citizenship. Paul created the eucharist. No Jew of any sort would have anything to do with eating human flesh and drinking human blood, which is exactly what that simple ceremony represent. Here is my flesh and my blood. Eat and drink of it. Horrible.
Its hard to imagine what people have been forced to do for their religion cause you cant think any more once you get with the program.
Hey sweets,
A fascinating discussion here. I am a student of the Scriptures, thus inclined to take words apart and find their meaning. When you say "religion", do you mean doctrine? I get turn around with semantics. Religion, as defined in the bible, is a ceremonial observance. Doctrine is instruction. Once we "get on the same page", we will get better understanding, well, I will ...

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#469685 Sep 5, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the reply
Read the story again,..sin existed before mankind, earth was home to evil,..mankind didn't stand a chance.
What parent would leave a child in front of the stove with the burners on,..tell the child don't touch the fire,..then leave the house for days expecting the child never to touch the fire?
Mike, so true with the parenting!! With respect to sin, from what I understand, it began when Lucifer, the angel of Light got booted out of heaven on account of mutiny. Then, humans (via Eve and Adam) transferred the dominion of Earth to him. Yeah, we are in a messy situation, dude.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469686 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1st - there is no "Christian Hell" because they've been redeemed from corruption by the Blood of the Lamb
2nd - you'll know soon enough if there's a hell for the unredeemed and where it might be. are you the crazy reckless gambling sort?
Uh-oh

There's that blood fixation again.

Oh holy holy holy

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469687 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"intelligent" - LOL!
does that lil blob of grey matter between your ears think it's 'intelligent' cuz it loves antichristian propaganda?;-)
I don't think there is anything in the Bible that praioses intelligence so I wouldn't pay much attention to your view on what constitutes intelligence,

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469688 Sep 5, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sweets,
A fascinating discussion here. I am a student of the Scriptures, thus inclined to take words apart and find their meaning. When you say "religion", do you mean doctrine? I get turn around with semantics. Religion, as defined in the bible, is a ceremonial observance. Doctrine is instruction. Once we "get on the same page", we will get better understanding, well, I will ...
Do you get your definitions of words from the Bible or from the dictionaries?

I think that's an important point that needs to be ironed out.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469689 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh
There's that blood fixation again.
Oh holy holy holy
demons mock the Blood cuz it means complete victory for the redeemed, but it wasn't shed for them.

why would any human be so stupid and evil enough to side with devils to their own demise?

are you an extreme sadomasichist and do you like molten fire?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469690 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is anything in the Bible that praioses intelligence so I wouldn't pay much attention to your view on what constitutes intelligence,
good! bye bye now.....

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469691 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
demons mock the Blood cuz it means complete victory for the redeemed, but it wasn't shed for them.
why would any human be so stupid and evil enough to side with devils to their own demise?
are you an extreme sadomasichist and do you like molten fire?
If there's any evil in here, it's you.

You're the one who insists people who don't believe what you do are evil.

You should sign up for IS - they are tailor made for you.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469692 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good! bye bye now.....
Your religion means defending genocide and infanticide. It means you approve of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.

Furthermore, you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being. You've already demonstrated that this means you're prepared to kill for those morals.

You'll excuse me if I prefer the foundation of good solid non-belief for building my ethics. My morals can be based on verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469693 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion means defending genocide and infanticide. It means you approve of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.
Furthermore, you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being. You've already demonstrated that this means you're prepared to kill for those morals.
You'll excuse me if I prefer the foundation of good solid non-belief for building my ethics. My morals can be based on verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.
you'll have your minute in the great Court. bye bye now......

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469694 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll have your minute in the great Court. bye bye now......
It's being made in the here and now.

I'm sorry if your faith has left you ill equipped to deal with questions like that.
George

Regina, Canada

#469695 Sep 5, 2014
Humans have needs and great talents, one of them being the power of imagination. That, and the need to control families, society and exercise of power gave a few shrewd members of theHouse of David the impetus to create a god they could use to lord it over their neighbours, their enemies and society in general, several thousand years before part 2 of this drama was invented and the idea of man becoming god was promulgated.
The thousands of gods extant in the Bronze Age civilizations became slowly amalgamated into one, however the existence of thousands of so-called Christan religions today only furthers man kinds desire to create a god in his own image, as we have done since we climbed out of the trees.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469696 Sep 5, 2014
George wrote:
Humans have needs and great talents, one of them being the power of imagination. That, and the need to control families, society and exercise of power gave a few shrewd members of theHouse of David the impetus to create a god they could use to lord it over their neighbours, their enemies and society in general, several thousand years before part 2 of this drama was invented and the idea of man becoming god was promulgated.
The thousands of gods extant in the Bronze Age civilizations became slowly amalgamated into one, however the existence of thousands of so-called Christan religions today only furthers man kinds desire to create a god in his own image, as we have done since we climbed out of the trees.
hi proud lil god! like heat much?:-)

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469697 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion means defending genocide and infanticide. It means you approve of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.
Furthermore, you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being. You've already demonstrated that this means you're prepared to kill for those morals.
You'll excuse me if I prefer the foundation of good solid non-belief for building my ethics. My morals can be based on verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.
And unbelievers certainly do have ethics. So do pagans, as far back as Aristotle's day.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469698 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's any evil in here, it's you.
You're the one who insists people who don't believe what you do are evil.
You should sign up for IS - they are tailor made for you.
He'd love that! Think of all the sex slaves he could buy.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469699 Sep 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
And unbelievers certainly do have ethics. So do pagans, as far back as Aristotle's day.
Absolutely!

We are the ones with the ethics.

Xtains like whassup have no morals or ethics.- all they do is follow orders.
mike

AOL

#469700 Sep 5, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, so true with the parenting!! With respect to sin, from what I understand, it began when Lucifer, the angel of Light got booted out of heaven on account of mutiny. Then, humans (via Eve and Adam) transferred the dominion of Earth to him. Yeah, we are in a messy situation, dude.
Thanks

I understand" Lucifer" to be "Nebuchadnezzar" from the book of daniel,..I also understand, "Angel's" to be humans who teach the GOD concept.
Wow

Mountain View, CA

#469701 Sep 6, 2014
Micah 3:11-12 NKJV
Her heads judge for a bribe, Her priests teach for pay, And her prophets divine for money. Yet they lean on the LORD, and say, "Is not the LORD among us? No harm can come upon us." [12] Therefore because of you Zion shall be plowed like a field, Jerusalem shall become heaps of ruins, And the mountain of the temple Like the bare hills of the forest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min NICK 86,750
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,391
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 58 min jophet38 1
As a Kiev woman, is it ideal to date an America... 1 hr sofialuv 1
We have off world aliens/Grey's that look like ... 2 hr Mr Hutch 10
Global hit for topix.com for advertising 2 hr Mr Hutch 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 703,462