Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469575 Aug 26, 2014
Stephania wrote:
Immorality,gay,lesbianism,drug gie style,perverted,maniacs,murder s,pestilence,
disorderly conduct,bipolar,crazy atheists,attempting to take place in this forum and explaining bull crapy shity things that they are the pestilence and pesticides that they don't believe in God Jesus.
Wow!

You're a smart Christian.

I can see that you never swallow anything the devil is trying to put in your mouth.

For you, Jesus always comes first.
Stephania

Dallas, TX

#469576 Aug 26, 2014
JESUS CHRIST HAS THE POWER AND THE AUTHORITY FOR IT,IT'S NOT BETWEEN US THE HUMANS,IT'S A REAL WAR BETWEEN GOD JESUS AND EVIL THAT POSSESS WEAK PEOPLE.WHEN THESE PEOPLE LOST THEIR FAITH TOWARD JESUS CHRIST,HAS NOTHING ELSE TO REMAIN,THAN THE NON BELIEVERS ZOMBIES WILL INCREASE THEIR TASTE AGAINST THE GOD JESUS CHRIST FOR DEVIL BEHALF WHO SPEAKS INSIDE OF THEIR DEMONIC OPPRESSION MIND.WITH OTHER WORDS THE PESTILENCE NON HUMAN BEINGS ARE THE ATHEISTS.

Cambridge, UK

#469577 Aug 27, 2014
Stephania wrote:
JESUS CHRIST HAS THE POWER AND THE AUTHORITY FOR IT,IT'S NOT BETWEEN US THE HUMANS,IT'S A REAL WAR BETWEEN GOD JESUS AND EVIL THAT POSSESS WEAK PEOPLE.WHEN THESE PEOPLE LOST THEIR FAITH TOWARD JESUS CHRIST,HAS NOTHING ELSE TO REMAIN,THAN THE NON BELIEVERS ZOMBIES WILL INCREASE THEIR TASTE AGAINST THE GOD JESUS CHRIST FOR DEVIL BEHALF WHO SPEAKS INSIDE OF THEIR DEMONIC OPPRESSION MIND.WITH OTHER WORDS THE PESTILENCE NON HUMAN BEINGS ARE THE ATHEISTS.
You say that the two gods you worship are at war with evil.

Where does this evil come from? Let's see what the Bible says about this.....

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Isaiah 45:7

There you have it. Your own god is at war with something that he himself created.

That's pretty careless for an omniscient being.

I suggest you worship a different god; one who's more diligent and careful about what he creates.

Ever thought of Buddah?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469578 Aug 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - i had what you got, but i repented of roman paganism a long time ago....
So did I - I left Christianity when I was 16. Best move I ever made.

I learned to be loving and kind again.

Albuquerque, NM

#469579 Aug 27, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
"Let's say that the consensus is that our species, being the higher primates, Homo Sapiens, has been on the planet for at least 100,000 years, maybe more. Francis Collins says maybe 100,000. Richard Dawkins thinks maybe a quarter-of-a-million. I'll take 100,000.
In order to be a Christian, you have to believe that for 98,000 years, our species suffered and died, most of its children dying in childbirth, most other people having a life expectancy of about 25 years, dying of their teeth. Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years.
Heaven watches this with complete indifference. And then 2000 years ago, thinks "That's enough of that. It's time to intervene," and the best way to do this would be by condemning someone to a human sacrifice somewhere in the less literate parts of the Middle East.
Don't lets appeal to the Chinese, for example, where people can read and study evidence and have a civilization. Let's go to the desert and have another revelation there.
This is nonsense. It can't be believed by a thinking person."
Christopher Hitchens
One could also posit - with all the recent archaeological finds of cities under 500 ft of water in some cases - that there was a viable social-economic civilization existing on the Earth 10000 years ago - thus supplying evidence to show that man existed prior to the biblical age of 6K years, and that intelligence in humans was clearly embedded in these folks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_underwater...
https://www.google.com/search...

IMHO _ the world's current history - is not complete, incomplete, and clearly will be changing.

Albuquerque, NM

#469580 Aug 27, 2014
Stephania wrote:
Do you feel better now?

:o)
John Fladgat

Worcester, UK

#469581 Aug 27, 2014
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part One
I was raised from my infancy by deeply religious people, surrounded by a family full of Baptist preachers, deacons and missionaries. I myself was baptized, as well as I can recall, at about the age of ten.
I can remember being struck by the fact that everyone around me at the time – and I do mean everyone – kept telling me that what I had just experienced was the most important event of my life, and that everything else I would ever do would shrink to insignificance alongside it. I was receiving the
power of the Lord. It was a special time for me.
Well, I enjoyed all the attention, as any kid would, but I remember wondering: Why don’t I feel any different, myself? I thought about my attitudes, my perceptions, the circumstances of my life, and I couldn’t think of a single thing that was any different, now that I was one with Jesus. No matter how hard I tried to find something new and meaningful, there was nothing. It was a hollow, empty, and lonely sensation, and surprisingly so. It was not what I had expected at all.
I concluded after a time that I must not be doing something right. Everyone around me seemed so confident and secure in their faith and mine so tenuous in comparison, I felt left out. The shortcoming, I decided, must be mine. I must be missing something.
I resolved to try harder. I devoted myself to Bible study and prayer. I sensed that everyone around me would be horrified if I were to express any of these reservations I was feeling, so I kept them to myself. I suppressed them, and did my best to forget them altogether.
The years went by and I attended services regularly but somehow I never quite shook the uneasy sense, in the back of my mind, that I had never truly felt the presence of a transcendent being – Jesus, God, or anyone at all.
I remained outwardly compliant, but inwardly I began to feel isolated and as much as I tried to banish this feeling, it persisted. As I reached adulthood it intensified until I became aware that, despite my best efforts, it was not going to go way. More troubling still was the bulk of doubts I began to feel about matters of doctrine. I began to doubt, among many other things, the true value of grace.
But I tried to put these issues out of my mind. What I was doing, of course, was not avoiding a crisis but merely postponing it When it finally arrived it hit so suddenly, it startled me.
But you are still a believer? I think you believe in the Unity of God then. Just one God

Cambridge, UK

#469582 Aug 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
One could also posit - with all the recent archaeological finds of cities under 500 ft of water in some cases - that there was a viable social-economic civilization existing on the Earth 10000 years ago - thus supplying evidence to show that man existed prior to the biblical age of 6K years, and that intelligence in humans was clearly embedded in these folks.
IMHO _ the world's current history - is not complete, incomplete, and clearly will be changing.
Fair point, I know of at least two ancient underwater structures that may turn out to man-made:

One off the coast of Japan and another in the Gulf of Cambay.

So perhaps human intelligence can go back a bit further.

Cambridge, UK

#469583 Aug 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I forgot to say that the 6000 years relied on by so many creationists and Christians is a joke.

Albuquerque, NM

#469584 Aug 27, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair point, I know of at least two ancient underwater structures that may turn out to man-made:
One off the coast of Japan and another in the Gulf of Cambay.
So perhaps human intelligence can go back a bit further.
Yep - the Japanese - Yonaguni...and the Indian - Gulf of Khambhat (known earlier as Gulf of Cambay) are just two. Here is a list of underwater ruins - some cities - some just coastal and submerged because of the rising ocean levels.

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/mystic-places...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469585 Aug 27, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that the two gods you worship are at war with evil.
Where does this evil come from? Let's see what the Bible says about this.....
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
Isaiah 45:7
There you have it. Your own god is at war with something that he himself created.
That's pretty careless for an omniscient being.
I suggest you worship a different god; one who's more diligent and careful about what he creates.
Ever thought of Buddah?
Minor point, but that would actually mean that the God of the Bible is a war with Himself...
mike

AOL

#469586 Aug 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i like it when accusers accuse me cuz it encourages me that i'm on the narrow path of 'grace through faith'!
if i were promoting humanist concepts like all y'all; i.e.,'i'm a good person cuz i always try to do my best', you'd have no problem with me!;-)

That's good you feel "Highly" of yourself,...cuz no one else will.

It's all good,...Just "Entertainment".

There is no GOD!

Cambridge, UK

#469587 Aug 27, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor point, but that would actually mean that the God of the Bible is a war with Himself...
Lol

Yes, it would.
Stephania

Fort Worth, TX

#469588 Aug 28, 2014
Please you should never lose your own faith.
Stephania

Fort Worth, TX

#469589 Aug 28, 2014
God It's Jesus Christ

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#469590 Aug 28, 2014
I smell a dirty dr skank sock.............

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#469591 Aug 29, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
I smell a dirty dr skank sock..........
True dat , whose turn is it to dump the garbage?
franklinboror

Pittsburgh, PA

#469592 Aug 30, 2014

I also gave up Christian its a lot of just brain wash no fun nonsense..now I have better fun.
Stephania

United States

#469593 Aug 30, 2014
Yeah you're not longer christian because you're a gay,and you feel like one.

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#469595 Aug 30, 2014
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
I did not read the entire expository description, however, I want to ask you if you were baptized with the baptism of John the Baptist, or the baptism of Jesus Christ. They are definitely different. The other question: do you study the Bible (an acronym: Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth) using a concordance? It is an excellent tool to use when studying Scripture. When you get one, look up the word "religious" in the bible and let me know, if you would, what you find.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 43 min Bongo 16,883
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 983,193
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Doctor REALITY 29
slaves and slave masters within philadelphia's ... 2 hr Laura 5
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 27
i want to know asian or latino shemales in seat... (May '09) 3 hr Jeffrey 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 683,876
More from around the web