Why I’m no longer a Christian

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469452 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
for a guy who doesn't believe, you sure seem to be 'believe' lots about the ancient documents that you couldn't possibly know for sure;-)
It has nothing to do with "belief". It is about following the evidence.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469453 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
u don't like the 3/4 of the New Testament that was written by Paul, huh? figures.....
Considering that Paul only wrote 7 of the 13 books with his name on them... and the fact that he is a false prophet, between those two facts, it sounds like there is plenty of good reason to ignore anything attributed to Paul.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469454 Aug 20, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Specially since we know there were 7 women desciples and one apostle, Junia. He just wants to make his view of women as something to use correct. In the bible, Jesus did not make any distinction and often correct Peter, cause Peter thought women should not be asking any questions.
I think that he is misusing the word, I tried to point it out to him <shrug> guess he is on a roll. Hello Sweets, good to read you :)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469455 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! hi 'matt' from akron!
since No stress is such a good witness, i suppose you've gotten saved now thru her ministry and you're walking with Jesus?;-)

very true - thanks for chiming in!
another notorious topix blasphemer who's not offended by No stress;-)
"woe to you when all men speak well of you" - Jesus
Combined two posts (one to Matt the other to Mac).
I don't think that Jesus intended for people to go out and offend folks just for the sake of doing so. Do you view all the people that you have not converted in here a personal failure? I ask because of the comment you made to Matt. I don't make a practice of converting people. I live my life as a testament to my beliefs, and when questioned I respond accordingly.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469456 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
OF COURSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO YOU!
do you have a belieiving husband that i can talk to?
So, you have decided to make an attempt at being a stumbling block for another's faith.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469457 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
u don't like the 3/4 of the New Testament that was written by Paul, huh? figures.....
No, not what I said. I said "I won't be pulled into a discussion about Paul", been there done that with you.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469458 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hyper calvanism.....go figure!
What does that mean?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469459 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you have wonderful faith of a humanist, buddhist...maybe even hindu. as for your faith in Bible doctrine....not so much:-)
Faith in Bible doctrine?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469460 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was sent out to preach the Gospel as a disciple? i've never seen where that happened, can you show me?
I never said that she was sent out to preach. You are not understanding the word you are using. Mary was a disciple as were other females found within the Bible.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/passage.a...

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469461 Aug 20, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
either he had a wife, or that "beloved disciple" in John that Jesus was his husband. After all, Jesus introduced him to his mother Mary as her new son.
He was called "Rabbi" - a title that presupposes the holder is married. The task he was asked to deal with at the wedding at Cannae (the lack of wine) was a task that would have been the responsibility of the groom, not just some random guest. There are various other little snippets scattered throughout the Gospels that give evidence that he was married.
Something to chew on, thank you.
mike

AOL

#469462 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Gospels/biographies of Jesus will be your Judge and jury.
nuff said
There is no GOD!

Nonetheless,...you're a piss-poor example of why someone should believe in the GOD concept.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469463 Aug 20, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that he is misusing the word, I tried to point it out to him <shrug> guess he is on a roll. Hello Sweets, good to read you :)
Good to read you too. He is just a misogynist showing his worst side to other Christians. I still don't believe he is a Christian at all. He stays on a roll of insulting women on this thread.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469464 Aug 21, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with "belief". It is about following the evidence.
if i've learned ANYTHING from the gaytheists on topix, it's that the word "evidence" often has a very dubious meaning...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469465 Aug 21, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that Paul only wrote 7 of the 13 books with his name on them... and the fact that he is a false prophet, between those two facts, it sounds like there is plenty of good reason to ignore anything attributed to Paul.
the words "false prophet" shuoldn't even be in the vocabulary of a gaytheist so shut your pie hole!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469466 Aug 21, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that he is misusing the word, I tried to point it out to him <shrug> guess he is on a roll. Hello Sweets, good to read you :)
can i be your friend too or do i hafta be an antiChrist to gain your respect and affection?:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469467 Aug 21, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Combined two posts (one to Matt the other to Mac).
I don't think that Jesus intended for people to go out and offend folks just for the sake of doing so. Do you view all the people that you have not converted in here a personal failure? I ask because of the comment you made to Matt. I don't make a practice of converting people. I live my life as a testament to my beliefs, and when questioned I respond accordingly.
2 things:

1) you seem to have NO trouble with challenging and confronting me about my beliefs; why not these others who are blaspheming our Lord daily???

2) what the haaell is your "testament" and "beliefs" other than what i pointed out about you in #1???

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469468 Aug 21, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have decided to make an attempt at being a stumbling block for another's faith.
it ain't like dat, sister!

how is my encouraging you to flourish in your gifts and calling a stumbling block?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469469 Aug 21, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean?
EXACTLY!!! a disciple/follower of Christ/doing what Christ did, would know basic theology!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469470 Aug 21, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that she was sent out to preach. You are not understanding the word you are using. Mary was a disciple as were other females found within the Bible.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/passage.a...
darling sister, can we PLEASE differentiate between being a son or daughter of God by faith from being a disciple? it is one of those truths that is garaunteed to set you free!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469471 Aug 21, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> There is no GOD!
Nonetheless,...you're a piss-poor example of why someone should believe in the GOD concept.
dear mike,

please talk to NoStress who apparently is much better at this than me. BUT, if afterwards you are still not a believer in Christ, i'm going to consider you as a flaming hypocrite and enemy of the Gospel:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min old_moose 6,634
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,780
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min bad bob 184,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min kent 681,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 1 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web