#469425 Aug 19, 2014
May = makes

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469426 Aug 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why give an opinion about spiritual/eternal matters if they''re not grounded in sound doctrine?!
we can continue to talk about who and who aren't called to be disciples of Christ if you prefer.
can you name me one person that Jesus called to be a disciple who was not a male?
just the facts mam, just the facts - no roman apacropha nor new age conjecture please......
Just one of many listed in the Bible? Sure. Mary, Mother of Jesus whom was one of only two disciples that stayed with him till the end/beginning.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469427 Aug 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit of Christ defines the roles of men and women in the Church, as specified largely through His Apostle Paul's letters to the churches.
where are you getting your information/doctrine???
I will not be drawn into a discussion on Paul....Thank you very much. I get my information by looking for it.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469428 Aug 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
(oh good grief!) let's stay in context to what we were talking about, please!
you seemed to insinuate that since khatura/wilderide isn't a believer in Christ that it's because he wasn't "called" to be one.
you're making God out to be a monster here by insinuating that khatura-types don't have a choice in the matter and i'm telling you that he's deliberately choosing NOT to believe.
see, this is why women should keep silent!
do you have a husband that i can talk to instead?:-)
The Bible states clearly that belief is a Gift.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469429 Aug 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
(oh good grief!) let's stay in context to what we were talking about, please!
you seemed to insinuate that since khatura/wilderide isn't a believer in Christ that it's because he wasn't "called" to be one.
you're making God out to be a monster here by insinuating that khatura-types don't have a choice in the matter and i'm telling you that he's deliberately choosing NOT to believe.
see, this is why women should keep silent!
do you have a husband that i can talk to instead?:-)
I am insinuating nothing, that is my belief. I believe that God has individual messages for each of us. Received when given, not at the beck of mankind.
No, I am not making him out to be a monster. I don't believe that people are punished for a gift not received, by God that is. Humans can be cruel. I will not keep silent...nice try though.
I have a husband. I don't recommend talking to him though. He treasures my faith and is very protective of it.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469430 Aug 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you think 'God' is putting us together for a reason, should we get together over drinks and talk about other things that we might agree on?;-)
Every person in my life has a purpose. No, we should not get together over drinks and talk. You knew that I was married before this comment.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469431 Aug 19, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Most olf the evidence was edited out of the Gospels by the misogynistic early xians, but what is still there shows that his wife Mary was a disciple.
Wife?

Ann Arbor, MI

#469432 Aug 19, 2014
Matt from Akron wrote:
How funny. waaasssuuup is desperate to shut NoStress up by using this "You're a weak woman and my bible says you can't be a disciple" crapola. That's because NoStress is a great example of the Christian faith, and he's a poisonous slug who defecates all over everything decent in Christianity in the name of self-righteousness. So he tries to shut her up because he thinks she's making him look bad - which is funny, because he's been doing a fine job of that all by himself for years.
However, like the colossally incompetent boob he has shown himself to be over the last few years, he has failed miserably. Again. And in the effort, he has shown himself yet again to be one of the most vile and spiritually ugly people on Topix.
Hello Matt, good to read you!(Not just for the nice words.) I have not read you in a while, I hope that all is well in your slice of the world.
Waaasssuuup and I don't tend to agree. I am good with that :)

Ann Arbor, MI

#469433 Aug 19, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One likes NS4.
'Nuff said.
<3 Thank you Mac, one likes you as well. You do know that I am accustomed to the comments by now. I will sit and chew on the information given....till feathers truly get ruffled ;)

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469434 Aug 20, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you know to put the verb at the end...
LOL
How r u, Mac?

I'm not the Latin scholar that my father was. Then again, he didn't have access to Google.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469435 Aug 20, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
<3 Thank you Mac, one likes you as well. You do know that I am accustomed to the comments by now. I will sit and chew on the information given....till feathers truly get ruffled ;)
:-D

Got yer back.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469436 Aug 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How r u, Mac?
I'm not the Latin scholar that my father was. Then again, he didn't have access to Google.
I had Jesuits...

Hated it at the time, but I'm massively grateful for the Latin now.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469437 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why give an opinion about spiritual/eternal matters if they''re not grounded in sound doctrine?!
we can continue to talk about who and who aren't called to be disciples of Christ if you prefer.
can you name me one person that Jesus called to be a disciple who was not a male?
just the facts mam, just the facts - no roman apacropha nor new age conjecture please......
There were a bunch of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_disciples...

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469438 Aug 20, 2014
Matt from Akron wrote:
How funny. waaasssuuup is desperate to shut NoStress up by using this "You're a weak woman and my bible says you can't be a disciple" crapola. That's because NoStress is a great example of the Christian faith, and he's a poisonous slug who defecates all over everything decent in Christianity in the name of self-righteousness. So he tries to shut her up because he thinks she's making him look bad - which is funny, because he's been doing a fine job of that all by himself for years.
However, like the colossally incompetent boob he has shown himself to be over the last few years, he has failed miserably. Again. And in the effort, he has shown himself yet again to be one of the most vile and spiritually ugly people on Topix.
Specially since we know there were 7 women desciples and one apostle, Junia. He just wants to make his view of women as something to use correct. In the bible, Jesus did not make any distinction and often correct Peter, cause Peter thought women should not be asking any questions.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469439 Aug 20, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Most olf the evidence was edited out of the Gospels by the misogynistic early xians, but what is still there shows that his wife Mary was a disciple.
for a guy who doesn't believe, you sure seem to be 'believe' lots about the ancient documents that you couldn't possibly know for sure;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469440 Aug 20, 2014
Matt from Akron wrote:
LOL! hi 'matt' from akron!

since No stress is such a good witness, i suppose you've gotten saved now thru her ministry and you're walking with Jesus?;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469441 Aug 20, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One likes NS4.
'Nuff said.
very true - thanks for chiming in!

another notorious topix blasphemer who's not offended by No stress;-)

"woe to you when all men speak well of you" - Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469442 Aug 20, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Funny!
The things people tell themselves.
There is no "GOD"
Bring forth a GOD without talking,...I beg you.
the Gospels/biographies of Jesus will be your Judge and jury.

nuff said

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469443 Aug 20, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying? This may no sense to me.
OF COURSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO YOU!

do you have a belieiving husband that i can talk to?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469444 Aug 20, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one of many listed in the Bible? Sure. Mary, Mother of Jesus whom was one of only two disciples that stayed with him till the end/beginning.
Mary was sent out to preach the Gospel as a disciple? i've never seen where that happened, can you show me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 3 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 3 hr USSF 184
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,223
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web