Why I’m no longer a Christian

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469359 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"as many as RECEIVED HIM, to those He gave power to be the sons of God"
won't you please do your part for world peace and RECEIVE the Messiah into your heart???:-)
'if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem'- annonymous
The real Messiah would first need to appear before anyone can actually accept his message. Worshiping a failed Messiah wanna-be as if he were a god won't so anything to make the world a better place.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469360 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The real Messiah would first need to appear before anyone can actually accept his message. Worshiping a failed Messiah wanna-be as if he were a god won't so anything to make the world a better place.
your rejection of Jesus The Christ has been duley noted again and is in safe keeping along with the others in your account.

Thank you!:-)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469361 Aug 15, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalists are certain they are right.
It's easy enough to prove them wrong by focusing on what matters: literature, freedom of thought, beauty, love, equal rights for all irrespective of race, gender or sexual orientation.
These are the weapons to defeat fundamentalism.
Agreed. Unfortunately many view most of what you list above, to be against God if it doesn't set well with their current opinion. At that point you (or I) will be told that we are debating with God, not the individual. That is why I believe that living (putting into practice) what one believes/thinks, should come first.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469362 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you see what i mean? Disciples have no thoughts/ideas of their own, but only share the Word of God as doctrine!:-)
So you have "no thoughts/ideas" of your own?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469363 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's ABSOLUTELY your opinion only and not that of a disciple of Christ!
we know about the need for God's grace and righteousness alone and that we must be born again from a corrupt nature:-)
I am sorry that I am not living up to your expectations. I say that with sincerity. In your opinion based on my gender, I can't be a disciple of Christ. I find your views and reasoning to be flawed.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469364 Aug 15, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, funny-mentalism is a disease. Religion isn't, not necessarily.
I don't think that it should be considered a disease. When you look at statistics along with a map of the location's, most can be boiled down to education. Also some simply choose a religion that they think gives them more authority, without personal change. Simply my opinion.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469365 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
IT'S YOU WHO'S RUNNING FROM THE BIG QUESTION; why do you insist on rejecting the only Redemption available to mankind???
you see, YOU ARE THE SIN PROBLEM, wilde-flaming-gay-ride!!!
I question if you have been here to long. It is always good to take a Topix vacation to defragment the brain. Why would you put down another because they have not had a calling....makes no sense to me.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469366 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your rejection of Jesus The Christ has been duley noted again and is in safe keeping along with the others in your account.
Thank you!:-)
This reads as a god complex.
mike

AOL

#469369 Aug 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can respect you and your questions if you can objectively respect me and my God.
it's been clear as a bell to me ever since i've received Christ that there would be none of us/this/anything if there were no God so i really don't know how to negotiate such an absurd question.
what's the alternative answer to your question; i.e., from wence came you and i and everything?
Thanks for the reply

"Respect"?,...do you mean accept there is a GOD.

Living is tough, many use whatever they find to cope with living, including a make believe GOD. Belief is not necessarily "fact". All professing christians don't believe the same way.

A GOD can't speak, so who told man about a god, from whence did it come?
mike

AOL

#469370 Aug 16, 2014
How did adam and eve communicate with a GOD, without the developement of language?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469371 Aug 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can respect you and your questions if you can objectively respect me and my God.
What respect does your holy book accord to non-believers?

Is it OK if I give you the same respect back?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469372 Aug 16, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Unfortunately many view most of what you list above, to be against God if it doesn't set well with their current opinion. At that point you (or I) will be told that we are debating with God, not the individual. That is why I believe that living (putting into practice) what one believes/thinks, should come first.
Thanks

I sometimes think if Christians in America had their way, they'd rip up the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469373 Aug 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i was talking about satan! are you so identified with him now that you don't know where satan starts and you end?!
when satan/demons remind me of my past failures i like to remind them of their grim future in the lake of fire!;-)
Don't be silly - there's no such thing as Satan.

If there was then he would be the dumbest entity in the universe.

Here's a being who was the brightest being in all creation (bar God). Satan would have experienced first-hand the absolute goodness and omnipotent authority god has. Why would Satan want to rebel against such unmediated love? Satan would have known more than anyone, the utter futility of trying to defy God

Yet he chose to rebel against such goodness and light?

Nothing can be that stupid.... ergo, he doesn't exist.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469374 Aug 16, 2014
mike wrote:
How did adam and eve communicate with a GOD, without the developement of language?
Semaphore!

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469375 Aug 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
I sometimes think if Christians in America had their way, they'd rip up the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Yes, some certainly would.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08...
http://www.theocracywatch.org/dominionism.htm
http://www.discernment-ministries.org/Christi...

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469376 Aug 17, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that it should be considered a disease. When you look at statistics along with a map of the location's, most can be boiled down to education. Also some simply choose a religion that they think gives them more authority, without personal change. Simply my opinion.
You make some good points there.

Personally, I agree with Frances Bacon: Scientia potentia est.
mike

AOL

#469377 Aug 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Semaphore!
Hello

I thought it might have been grunting and stomping of the foot....more like entertainment, than communication.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469378 Aug 18, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have "no thoughts/ideas" of your own?
of course i have thoughts of my own, but not that i pass off as doctrine. when i talk Gospel truth, i endevour to "bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ"

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469379 Aug 18, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that I am not living up to your expectations. I say that with sincerity. In your opinion based on my gender, I can't be a disciple of Christ. I find your views and reasoning to be flawed.
as a woman, you most certainly have gifts and talents with certain sensitivities that i don't have as a man, which actually makes you better at some things than men. similarly, men have certain strengths that women don't have.

if we could just accept our roles and celebrate our differences just think how much more smoothly the church, our families and the WORLD would operate!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469380 Aug 18, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I question if you have been here to long. It is always good to take a Topix vacation to defragment the brain. Why would you put down another because they have not had a calling....makes no sense to me.
see what i mean about not understanding sound doctrine?

what in the blazes do you mean by "a calling?"

we're ALL called to believe the witness of Jesus The Christ!

"for God so loved....that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 981,080
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Phooey 672,650
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min ROCCO 104,269
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min Jake999 46,185
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min Jake999 619,368
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web