Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469342 Aug 13, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you want me to say about slavery? umm...yeah your grand-daddy should have picked his own cotton. happy now?
btw - what are you doing to free the sex slaves held captive by all the pervs you encourage???
BANG!!!- GOES THE GAVEL - your hypocrisy has been judged and you've been found guilty!
Man, you fundies are smart. You never swallow anything that Satan is trying to put into your mouth. For you, Jesus always comes first.

Still you run from the question, choosing to deflect rather than face up to it.

Why is that? It's because you're ashamed of the person your faith has made you.

Your faith means that you have to defend, among other things, slavery, genocide, killing people because they are homosexuals, killing people who exercise freedom of religion.

That little voice inside of you that makes you feel uncomfortable about this is your humanity.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469343 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you want me to say about slavery? umm...yeah your grand-daddy should have picked his own cotton. happy now?
btw - what are you doing to free the sex slaves held captive by all the pervs you encourage???
BANG!!!- GOES THE GAVEL - your hypocrisy has been judged and you've been found guilty!
And exactly what are you doing to help? Being the first customer in line? Since you are the pervert, I can see you in that role better than trying to shut them down.

Location hidden

#469344 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ssssoooo you won't mind if a ram your car off the road if you run over a worm, like peta does to fishing vessels?
good to know for when i see y'all driving in your subarus with obama 2012 stickers!;-)
So murdering humans is okey for you.

I have no bumper stickers. Don't believe I have ever had a car with a bumper sticker. For one thing, you just cant get them off and a car does have a resale value, but not if it has a sticker they cant get rid of if they disagree with what it says. For instance, "God is my co_pilot" . I would never buy a car with that stuck on it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469345 Aug 14, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you fundies are smart. You never swallow anything that Satan is trying to put into your mouth. For you, Jesus always comes first.
Still you run from the question, choosing to deflect rather than face up to it.
Why is that? It's because you're ashamed of the person your faith has made you.
Your faith means that you have to defend, among other things, slavery, genocide, killing people because they are homosexuals, killing people who exercise freedom of religion.
That little voice inside of you that makes you feel uncomfortable about this is your humanity.
IT'S YOU WHO'S RUNNING FROM THE BIG QUESTION; why do you insist on rejecting the only Redemption available to mankind???

you see, YOU ARE THE SIN PROBLEM, wilde-flaming-gay-ride!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469346 Aug 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly what are you doing to help? Being the first customer in line? Since you are the pervert, I can see you in that role better than trying to shut them down.
what have i done about the problem? i've left-off from being part of the problem when i agreed with Jesus about His forgiveness over the sin-issue in mankind/me, and then i became part of the solution when i began to live and preach the Gospel:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469347 Aug 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
So murdering humans is okey for you.
I have no bumper stickers. Don't believe I have ever had a car with a bumper sticker. For one thing, you just cant get them off and a car does have a resale value, but not if it has a sticker they cant get rid of if they disagree with what it says. For instance, "God is my co_pilot" . I would never buy a car with that stuck on it.
LOL - you're cute! i forgot if you're a male or female?:-)

Cambridge, UK

#469348 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
IT'S YOU WHO'S RUNNING FROM THE BIG QUESTION; why do you insist on rejecting the only Redemption available to mankind???
you see, YOU ARE THE SIN PROBLEM, wilde-flaming-gay-ride!!!
I guess I hit a raw nerve with that last post of mine.

That'll explain why you're shouting at me.

Is this the peace that surpasseth all understanding?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469349 Aug 14, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I hit a raw nerve with that last post of mine.
That'll explain why you're shouting at me.
Is this the peace that surpasseth all understanding?
i yell when i wanna yell, turn over tables and even get a whip and chase thieves and liars out of my space ...

as for peace - i have within what the world without cannot have. as for the enemies of God - well, i have the Sword of Truth for them;-)

you're sounding just like that smarmy narcissist satan, but if you don't want to go where he's going you should start to distance yourself.....

Cambridge, UK

#469350 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
but if you don't want to go where he's going you should start to distance yourself.....
When a witchdoctor wants to frighten people he ties a dead chicken to a stick and shakes it at them.

Your post above is the equivalent of that.

Are you shaking your scary chicken on a stick at me?

Location hidden

#469351 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what have i done about the problem? i've left-off from being part of the problem when i agreed with Jesus about His forgiveness over the sin-issue in mankind/me, and then i became part of the solution when i began to live and preach the Gospel:-)
And exactly how has your preaching ever helped a sex slave? Or stopped a slave trader?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469352 Aug 14, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
When a witchdoctor wants to frighten people he ties a dead chicken to a stick and shakes it at them.
Your post above is the equivalent of that.
Are you shaking your scary chicken on a stick at me?
i was talking about satan! are you so identified with him now that you don't know where satan starts and you end?!

when satan/demons remind me of my past failures i like to remind them of their grim future in the lake of fire!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469353 Aug 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how has your preaching ever helped a sex slave? Or stopped a slave trader?
well my preaching only helps those who hear and receive; kinda like i'd like to help you repent of being a dead sinner but ya hafta work with me rather than oppose me:-)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469354 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i yell when i wanna yell, turn over tables and even get a whip and chase thieves and liars out of my space ...
as for peace - i have within what the world without cannot have. as for the enemies of God - well, i have the Sword of Truth for them;-)
you're sounding just like that smarmy narcissist satan, but if you don't want to go where he's going you should start to distance yourself.....
Of course, if Jesus had actually been the Messiah of prophecy, then the world would be at peace and the evening news would be mostly boring.
mike

AOL

#469355 Aug 15, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's exactly what Jesus said to do. Not to put on a big show, like the Pharisees - or today's televangelists.
Hello

Who is Jesus, and what does it matter?

Life is for the living, and many live without Jesus.
mike

AOL

#469356 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
even if God were not real, i would have every bit as much right and authority as a gaytheist to proclaim what i believe.
the last remnant of freedom of speech in the west - ya gotta love it so lets protect it!!!
Thanks for the reply

Free speech is a good thing, however, I have a right to question your expression, and it's value.

If a GOD is not real, from whence came your belief?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469357 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, if Jesus had actually been the Messiah of prophecy, then the world would be at peace and the evening news would be mostly boring.
"as many as RECEIVED HIM, to those He gave power to be the sons of God"

won't you please do your part for world peace and RECEIVE the Messiah into your heart???:-)

'if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem'- annonymous

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469358 Aug 15, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply
Free speech is a good thing, however, I have a right to question your expression, and it's value.
If a GOD is not real, from whence came your belief?
i can respect you and your questions if you can objectively respect me and my God.

it's been clear as a bell to me ever since i've received Christ that there would be none of us/this/anything if there were no God so i really don't know how to negotiate such an absurd question.

what's the alternative answer to your question; i.e., from wence came you and i and everything?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469359 Aug 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"as many as RECEIVED HIM, to those He gave power to be the sons of God"
won't you please do your part for world peace and RECEIVE the Messiah into your heart???:-)
'if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem'- annonymous
The real Messiah would first need to appear before anyone can actually accept his message. Worshiping a failed Messiah wanna-be as if he were a god won't so anything to make the world a better place.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469360 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The real Messiah would first need to appear before anyone can actually accept his message. Worshiping a failed Messiah wanna-be as if he were a god won't so anything to make the world a better place.
your rejection of Jesus The Christ has been duley noted again and is in safe keeping along with the others in your account.

Thank you!:-)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469361 Aug 15, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalists are certain they are right.
It's easy enough to prove them wrong by focusing on what matters: literature, freedom of thought, beauty, love, equal rights for all irrespective of race, gender or sexual orientation.
These are the weapons to defeat fundamentalism.
Agreed. Unfortunately many view most of what you list above, to be against God if it doesn't set well with their current opinion. At that point you (or I) will be told that we are debating with God, not the individual. That is why I believe that living (putting into practice) what one believes/thinks, should come first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min oneear69 988,375
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min old_moose 36,128
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Chuck 688,461
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
How did black people get here ( economically) 5 hr Johnny 53
We do NOT need any walls! 12 hr Johnny 31
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 17 hr RFD 12
More from around the web