Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469254 Aug 7, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
First link I found to women disciples:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_discipl...
I know what you are attempting to do here. I will not argue with you as we have played this out many times. If you have an actual discussion in mind? Have at it.
this Is an actual discussion and i'm sorry that you resent me for staying biblically sound.

bottom line - i can't bear & nurture children and you can't teach and preach to men. i don't resent you for your gifts and calling and i'd appreciate if you don't resent me for mine!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469255 Aug 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a fine example of the divisive nature of religion.
what part of "I didn't come to bring peace but a sword" don't you understand?

i.e., whenever the Word/Sword of God is broadcasted antichrists SHOULD get their knickers in a bunch or they're not being good enough antichrists!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469256 Aug 7, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the old: no talking religion or politics. That makes sense in real life, where it leads to arguments or even biffs.
Here we should be able to discuss it like adults.
"no talking religion and politics" are the first freedoms to be taken away in fascist and genocidal societies!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469257 Aug 7, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And since Christ doesn't really exist for anyone, looks like you've got some problems, too.
hi poopsy!

i'll turn you over to NoStress cuz she's better at encouraging antichrist peeps like you.

NoStress - can you take this please?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469258 Aug 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of "I didn't come to bring peace but a sword" don't you understand?
i.e., whenever the Word/Sword of God is broadcasted antichrists SHOULD get their knickers in a bunch or they're not being good enough antichrists!;-)
Who wants a religion that doesn't bring peace?

No wonder Christianity is hemorrhaging believers and churches are closing.

Cambridge, UK

#469259 Aug 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"no talking religion and politics" are the first freedoms to be taken away in fascist and genocidal societies!;-)
Logic and reason are the first casualties when you accept religion.

Cambridge, UK

#469260 Aug 7, 2014
I see atheists are busy killing atheists over who believes in gods the least.

Oh wait - that never happens.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469261 Aug 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
peace with God = peace among humankind

no peace with God = self-centerdness & competition among humankind

you know this, but are too self-centered to admit it;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469262 Aug 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
I see atheists are busy killing atheists over who believes in gods the least.
Oh wait - that never happens.
atheists are just plain busy killing EVERYONE who gets in their selfish lil way.....

Cambridge, UK

#469263 Aug 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists are just plain busy killing EVERYONE who gets in their selfish lil way.....
Rhetoric

Your post lacks substance.

Cambridge, UK

#469264 Aug 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
peace with God = peace among humankind
no peace with God = self-centerdness & competition among humankind
you know this, but are too self-centered to admit it;-)
This'll be the peace that comes after your god slaughters pretty much all of humanity.

Cambridge, UK

#469265 Aug 7, 2014
Faith - pretending to know something you don't.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469266 Aug 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this Is an actual discussion and i'm sorry that you resent me for staying biblically sound.
bottom line - i can't bear & nurture children and you can't teach and preach to men. i don't resent you for your gifts and calling and i'd appreciate if you don't resent me for mine!:-)
Your comment I responded to said:
[/QUOTEwho="waaasssuuup "]<quoted text>
i'm not sure what you're saying here sister, but let's just agree to disagree that men can be called as disciples and ministers of the Gospel, but women should stick to adminstrative & blessing ministries:-)
Since the Bible clearly has female disciples in it, I simply thought you had been attempting to ruffle feathers. I don't resent you at all, simply don't think I will ever understand where you are coming from. Thankfully the men in my life appreciate my opinions and would never ask me to be less than I believe God created me to be.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469267 Aug 7, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And since Christ doesn't really exist for anyone, looks like you've got some problems, too.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi poopsy!
i'll turn you over to NoStress cuz she's better at encouraging antichrist peeps like you.
NoStress - can you take this please?
Reads to me that Liam does not believe in Christ, so it would stand to reason he has felt no calling. Do you know what his belifs are waaasssuuup?

Ann Arbor, MI

#469268 Aug 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a fine example of the divisive nature of religion.
I found myself for my first two (if not more) year's on topix very intregued by the diversity between the Christian denominations alone. I grew up in an open and honest household, where individuality was nurtured. I attended the same Church my entire upbringing, so there was not much of a variation in the teachings other than when a new pastor was appointed. In my younger years I attended Church because the family went and it was fun, teenage years decided to only attend on holidays - not a big deal to the parents. I returned to Church as an adult for personal reasons, nothing dramatic....simply feelings. I am raising my children the same. I think that there is a big difference between being conditioned and belief. I do understand the comfort zone aspect, and continue to question as I believe should always be done. It's not that I question God, man's interpretation gives me pause ;)

Ann Arbor, MI

#469269 Aug 7, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the old: no talking religion or politics. That makes sense in real life, where it leads to arguments or even biffs.
Here we should be able to discuss it like adults.
I tend to talk religion and politics. I just tend to shut down politely when someone tries to steam roll me into a different opinion or belief. I simply continue to vote and believe as I do. Now a good discussion...Love them! Never know what you may learn :)

Ann Arbor, MI

#469270 Aug 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO - it's not about denominations, but it's all about correct theology. lutheran theology, for the most part, is 'i just need to be a smiley-faced 'good person' & God will work out everything in His time'. true Biblical theology says 'i am the temple of the Holy Spirit and God works mightly through me!'
get the difference?:-)
Are both not true?

Ann Arbor, MI

#469271 Aug 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it frustrating personally. Pulling from the old when convenient, yet not held to the law's when it's not :(

Ann Arbor, MI

#469272 Aug 7, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear of death.
Sorry, just realized I missed this comment...my tablet has issues :P
For some this may be the case. I don't understand the reasoning behind it...

Ann Arbor, MI

#469273 Aug 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No probs.
It's just with so many gods out there to choose from; it's best to be specific about which god you're talking about.
Sorry...got used to folk's knowing my beliefs in here and got slack. Since I recognize the names posting, I assumed that it was known. My bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Benefit of the Gardening. 4 min Kizzes7641 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 284,644
Gardening tools--returning to the health life 14 min Mintz3376 4
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 18 min Bubblesss899 5
Lions Wellington Tickets 22 min Lick1903 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 88,390
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 24 min Buck Crick 643
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 28 min Buck Crick 267
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Buck Crick 977,448
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min truth 665,486
More from around the web