Why I’m no longer a Christian
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469227 Aug 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most revolutionary and counter-culture philosophy and life changing power that's ever been introduced to humankind.
have you received the Gospel message from others and is it just my presentation that bothers you or have you rejected Christ all-together regardless of my antics?
i.e., without compromising the general message that is offensive to many, how can i make this right with you?:-)
Looks like he's rejected you, goofy.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469228 Aug 2, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say it simple. What brings folks to God?
Long prison terms?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469229 Aug 2, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
As I am not Hindu, nor do I have even a slight grasp on the belief....I can't (won't) say much about your question. As a Christian I am responding to a Christian. Meaning - No, I am not referring to Shiva.
No probs.

It's just with so many gods out there to choose from; it's best to be specific about which god you're talking about.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#469230 Aug 3, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear of death.

Cambridge, UK

#469231 Aug 3, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear of death.
Yes - Christianity is built on fear.
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#469232 Aug 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - Christianity is built on fear.
you half head retard who escape from mental institution, but Dr Shrink always find you, trust me,soon your operated brain will makes you not more danger for yourselves and others,
just you be calm little Zombie,babling worthless insanities around,
first narkose before surgical table just take my stinking fart who will makes you sleep 4 hours,and have visions of own father who was missing evolution link of female gorilla from Siberia snow dessert?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469233 Aug 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Long prison terms?
;) Many in prison do turn to religion statistics show.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469234 Aug 4, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
in general - i'd say it's the 'goodness of God that leads us to repentence'.

now may i ask you in simple terms - did Christ or did he not rebuke the self-righteous hypocrites who opposed Him?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469235 Aug 4, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
;) Many in prison do turn to religion statistics show.
They do.

Wish I could get into my other account.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469236 Aug 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
now may i ask you in simple terms - did Christ or did he not rebuke the self-righteous hypocrites who opposed Him?
Yes. I'm guessing if Christ existed, he would rebuke you.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469238 Aug 5, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
if Christ doesn't exist to you, you are self-righteous and yet in your sins.

getting back to the point of our conversation; does NoStress tell you this critical information or does she just encourage you in your self-righteousness?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469239 Aug 5, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one. LOL

Ann Arbor, MI

#469240 Aug 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that this is something that you should look into. I am not saying this to be rude, simply trying to give you a gentle nudge in the direction of the Scriptures and the treatment of Christians and non-Christian's by Jesus himself.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469241 Aug 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if Christ doesn't exist to you, you are self-righteous and yet in your sins.
getting back to the point of our conversation; does NoStress tell you this critical information or does she just encourage you in your self-righteousness?
In the past there was much information being passed back and forth between folks from all walks on this thread. Unfortunately some got it into their minds that opinions and beliefs different from there own should not be shared.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469242 Aug 6, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
<quoted text>
I think that this is something that you should look into. I am not saying this to be rude, simply trying to give you a gentle nudge in the direction of the Scriptures and the treatment of Christians and non-Christian's by Jesus himself.
i can appreciate 'gentle nudges' from my brothers and sisters to be sure!

what i also understand, is that there are lots of differences of theology and opinions about how the Body of Christ should occupy the earth. the lutherans have it dreadfully wrong, as we can plainly see what happened in germany circa 30-40's. what we learned from that mess is that we shouldn't be the devil and demoniacs footstools, but that they need to understand that they are Christ's and our footstools.

have a nice day!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469243 Aug 6, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past there was much information being passed back and forth between folks from all walks on this thread. Unfortunately some got it into their minds that opinions and beliefs different from there own should not be shared.
i'm not sure what you're saying here sister, but let's just agree to disagree that men can be called as disciples and ministers of the Gospel, but women should stick to adminstrative & blessing ministries:-)

Ann Arbor, MI

#469244 Aug 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can appreciate 'gentle nudges' from my brothers and sisters to be sure!
what i also understand, is that there are lots of differences of theology and opinions about how the Body of Christ should occupy the earth. the lutherans have it dreadfully wrong, as we can plainly see what happened in germany circa 30-40's. what we learned from that mess is that we shouldn't be the devil and demoniacs footstools, but that they need to understand that they are Christ's and our footstools.
have a nice day!:-)
I would say that era is a prime example of why religion should not play a role in politics, not that Lutherans are wrong. I don't understand the concept of only my denomination is right.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469245 Aug 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not sure what you're saying here sister, but let's just agree to disagree that men can be called as disciples and ministers of the Gospel, but women should stick to adminstrative & blessing ministries:-)
I don't agree. Nice jab, says a lot about where you are coming from. I am sure it was said out of love and concern.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469246 Aug 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
First link I found to women disciples:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_discipl...

I know what you are attempting to do here. I will not argue with you as we have played this out many times. If you have an actual discussion in mind? Have at it.

Cambridge, UK

#469247 Aug 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a fine example of the divisive nature of religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min RiversideRedneck 118,853
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 39 min RiversideRedneck 2,303
"Aaay?!! Do you think I have an odd-shaped HEAD... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
New World Order, One World Government 3 hr One Planet One Pe... 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 678,811
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 9 hr Crazy night 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web