Why I’m no longer a Christian

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#468501 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we should be able to smoke weed and make love just cuz we want to!;-)
As long as the person you want to make love to is a consenting adult, you are correct. Well, and don't operate heavy machinery while stoned....

#468502 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1) science in general is not anti-anything, but science so-called that assumes regarding spiritual/eterrnal things that it cannot possibly test is anti-Christ indeed.
Pure BS. Science is never anti-xian. Science, BY DEFINITION only deals with the natural, observable world.
waaasssuuup wrote:
2) science that sticks to objective, testable evidence to back up all of its claims is science indeed. so-called science that speculates through theories about things which it cannot possibly test is religion; usually of the occult nature;-)
Thus you demonstrate a thorough ignorance regarding the meaning of the term "theory". In scientific usage, a theory is something that has been thoroughly proven, with all available evidence supporting it, and no evidence contrary to that theory.

for example, we currently have a law of gravity, but no theory of gravity. We can calculate the gravitational attraction between two masses, but we have no explanation for why it occurs or how it occurs.

In contrast to gravity, the theory of evolution is well understood and supported by all available evidence, with no evidence contrary to the theory of evolution.

#468503 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's only a 'fraud' to those who like to keep Jesus at a distance and to think of Him in sentimental ways;-)
It is only a fraud to those that examine the evidence and make reasoned, thoughtful judgments based on facts and evidence.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#468504 Feb 28, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS. Science is never anti-xian. Science, BY DEFINITION only deals with the natural, observable world.
<quoted text>
Thus you demonstrate a thorough ignorance regarding the meaning of the term "theory". In scientific usage, a theory is something that has been thoroughly proven, with all available evidence supporting it, and no evidence contrary to that theory.
for example, we currently have a law of gravity, but no theory of gravity. We can calculate the gravitational attraction between two masses, but we have no explanation for why it occurs or how it occurs.
In contrast to gravity, the theory of evolution is well understood and supported by all available evidence, with no evidence contrary to the theory of evolution.
BS - prove the theory of evolution by creating life with slime struck by lightning and monitoring it until it progresses into humanity. until you can, you're believing a ridiculous fable made up by occult antichristians who HATE the idea of being accountable to a Creator:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#468505 Feb 28, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only a fraud to those that examine the evidence and make reasoned, thoughtful judgments based on facts and evidence.
i want to believe! bring me the evidence of slime-turn-human and i'll follow your scientology cult!

#468506 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BS - prove the theory of evolution by creating life with slime struck by lightning and monitoring it until it progresses into humanity. until you can, you're believing a ridiculous fable made up by occult antichristians who HATE the idea of being accountable to a Creator:-)
The evidence supporting evolution fills libraries, and includes data from most branches of science.

Abiogenesis is irrelevant to the theory of evolution, since evolution only deals with existing life. There are several hypotheses regarding how it could have happened, but without a viable time machine, I don't see how we will ever prove which model actually happened.

#468507 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i want to believe! bring me the evidence of slime-turn-human and i'll follow your scientology cult!
Start by taking biology courses at your local community college. Also, take some classes in understanding logic. Then again, you might have to start out by learning grade school science...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468508 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
bottom line: since we were created to be in a family relationship with God and since the only way to be thus is to receive Christ as Lord and Savior; if we do not, our complete existense will have been an epic failure no matter how 'good' of a person we thought we were:-)
Your vague standard is why you remain a so-called "Christian".

Everything you said above.....all starts with YOU.....

- "is to receive Christ as Lord and Savior"
- "if we do not"
- "our complete existense will have been an epic failure no matter how 'good' of a person we thought we were"

Not much faith in Jesus or "God" at all when you break it all down, huh?

DOH!

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468509 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the "teachings" of Jesus, if you will, is "except you eat My flesh and drink My blood you have no part with Me"
have you digested Christ, duane, or do you only think of Him in sentimental and moral ways as a ghandi-like social activist?:-)
Why don't you just ask Jesus yourself if he believes in eating someones flesh and drinking their blood.

I have found out he is back and is in Australia.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#468510 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think you can not get any more insane, you make a post like this.
Muslims are all atheists ? Are you really this crazy ?
Well, I have heard the way some Muslims talk about atheists and it isn't pretty. Xians they can accept more, because they have a belief system too.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#468511 Mar 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect many are.
That said, there are a number of Topix Christians who I both like and respect.
There are some. But that's because I judge them on their behaviour, not their beliefs.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#468512 Mar 1, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just ask Jesus yourself if he believes in eating someones flesh and drinking their blood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TVw0eFmnQtMXX
HaHaHa!!

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#468513 Mar 1, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TVw0eFmnQtMXX
Great! A local nut job.
*rolls eyes*

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#468515 Mar 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some. But that's because I judge them on their behaviour, not their beliefs.
As do I.

It's the only way, really, innit?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#468516 Mar 2, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As do I.
...yes you do, you've always been kind... Hello Mac, been awhile . How are you?

*Just saw your name and wanted to say hi...

Off to sleep...

gn.:)

The Borderland of Sol

#468517 Mar 2, 2014
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
...yes you do, you've always been kind... Hello Mac, been awhile . How are you?
*Just saw your name and wanted to say hi...
Off to sleep...
gn.:)
HYi, Angel. Nice to see you.

Dormez bien...

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#468518 Mar 2, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As do I.
It's the only way, really, innit?
Hi Mac, how's it go? Passin' through...

To paraphrase Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.- "... not by the 'labels they wear', but by the content of their character."
YTube

Marietta, GA

#468519 Mar 2, 2014

The POPE ..."BANNED".

http://youtu.be/zbzZ_00pX-k

The Borderland of Sol

#468520 Mar 2, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac, how's it go? Passin' through...
To paraphrase Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.- "... not by the 'labels they wear', but by the content of their character."
Now, see, that works for me.

I even like some English.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#468521 Mar 2, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Now, see, that works for me.
I even like some English.

LOL! Said like a true Irishman! <smiles>

My grandfather (paternal) was Irish- County Cork. His one younger son married an English woman(London no less)- the fireworks at family gatherings was a sight to behold. And those were just the one's indoors :0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Catholic24 641,858
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 min DENG 38,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Joe Fortuna 38,634
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 104,762
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min Brian_G 970,102
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 1 hr WifeofanIgboMan 81
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr good observation 44,453
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr good true observa... 618,439
More from around the web