Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#468481 Feb 27, 2014
If you want to be an atheist, more power to you. To each his own. I should be able to smoke weed for my back pain but I'm not. Project Marijuana

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468482 Feb 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

I believe you are dishonest. Not only to me, but to others and yourself.
I believe you are no where what a so-called "Christian" is supposed to be because of these traits.
I have alot of beliefs. Many of them are related to the falseness of organized religion.
Why?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! i see - you're the judge and jury of others but refuse to be held accountable to any standards yourself;-)
No I am not, but I your posts exert enough information about yourself, that you refuse to admit to - that you are committing those actions.

I don't judge anyone, but I will flag them if they are dishonest with me.

Ya see wasssy - dishonesty is why people kill, destroy, hate, do bad things, and many other actions. It could all stop. If one chooses to do so. I can only make a statement to the facts, it is each of us, who will need to perform the action into the future.

And I am no jury, In fact, I've never even been selected to be on one. I don't intend to be on one either. So your preconceived notion of whom I am, is all built around bias you seem to can't shrug.

Your ego will be your defining character in this life. Hopefully, it won't be in the next.

Cheers.

Albuquerque, NM

#468483 Feb 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! i see - you're the judge and jury of others but refuse to be held accountable to any standards yourself;-)
Sorry wassy - I forgot to respond to the "refuse to be held accountable to any standards yourself."

Incorrect. THis must be your projection of whom you truly are - OR - can't grasp and understand what you just stated.

If there are other perceptions, then let's here them.

Anyway, I do have a standard for mySelf - "Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law."

a. "God" has no control over what I do on this planet, thus my free will is active AT ALL TIMES.
b. "I do not harm nor try to hurt anyone emotionally in all of my travels. In fact, I've gotten the sense that others are drawn to me, because of my happy-go-lucky lifestyle. I may not be included in the "A" list (as I choose not too), but my "D" list friends are just as well as the "A list" group.

My standards - you know not. But if any of your posts are an indication of your standards, I believe that though we are equal in our humanity, your beliefs seems to thrive only because of what men think.

Believe me, my standards may be different than yours and in many ways - hard to achieve for the common folk - but like all humans, I make mistakes in my effort to achieve my standard.

Honesty - how honest can you be?

Albuquerque, NM

#468484 Feb 27, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
He was Jewish, and he taught Judaism.
Ya know - I've read alot of different books about Jesus - the many "mysterious" qualities that were generated by men about him. A magician, a healer, a philosopher, a carpenter, a this, a that...etc...etc....etc.....yo u get my drift.

But did he really teach Judaism?

I believe he knew Judaism, but that was just a portion of his beliefs - if one were to take the into account the many different sayings he supposedly stated, or even the actions that he supposedly participated in or performed.

One could draw from all of this many perceptions of him. Christianity prefers to draw an incomplete one. Islam - incomplete. Judaism - rejection/incomplete. All incomplete - at the choice of men.

Take two steps forward. Shun religion, but not Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Quetzalcoatl, etc....and then read what each of these different "holy men" did and said.

Once you get past the words and understand their meanings - of what they were trying to say to THEIR generation, then you will understand that some of these moral teachings transcend time and people, but not the Self.

Cheers.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#468485 Feb 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think you can not get any more insane, you make a post like this.
Muslims are all atheists ? Are you really this crazy ?
My acquaintance with Wassie, though as casual as I can make it, goes back quite a way.

Yes, he is.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468486 Feb 27, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>My acquaintance with Wassie, though as casual as I can make it, goes back quite a way.
Yes, he is.
I can understand quite a few theists' beliefs and don't think they are crazy.
However, there are quite a few on Topix that are either "Poes" or belong in a mental hospital or high security prison.

I hope for the sake of mankind that the majority are Poes.

The Borderland of Sol

#468487 Feb 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand quite a few theists' beliefs and don't think they are crazy.
However, there are quite a few on Topix that are either "Poes" or belong in a mental hospital or high security prison.
I hope for the sake of mankind that the majority are Poes.
I suspect many are.

That said, there are a number of Topix Christians who I both like and respect.

“Now I know how strong I can be”

Since: May 07

Marthastown

#468488 Feb 27, 2014
Hey everyone,
I have a family member who has recently gone through what she considers a moral crisis. She has, as a result of her moral crisis, decided that it was not her fault, that her behavior was caused by the fact that she did not have God in her life, and she has now "seen the light" and is going to become God-centric.(her para-phrased words)
She is talking a good game, but IMO, not walking the walk.
Do i just smile and nod,?, because I do think this is just a phase, or should i call bullshit?
She has done wrong to me and mine, but we are adults and had already written off the crap she flung at us.

The Borderland of Sol

#468489 Feb 28, 2014
carbon wrote:
Hey everyone,
I have a family member who has recently gone through what she considers a moral crisis. She has, as a result of her moral crisis, decided that it was not her fault, that her behavior was caused by the fact that she did not have God in her life, and she has now "seen the light" and is going to become God-centric.(her para-phrased words)
Do i just smile and nod,?, because I do think this is just a phase, or should i call bullshit?
She has done wrong to me and mine, but we are adults and had already written off the crap she flung at us.
If you like her (or if you're in the will), just smile and nod.
Otherwisw just slowly walk away shaking your head.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#468490 Feb 28, 2014
tishacruzan wrote:
If you want to be an atheist, more power to you. To each his own. I should be able to smoke weed for my back pain but I'm not. Project Marijuana
we should be able to smoke weed and make love just cuz we want to!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468491 Feb 28, 2014
carbon wrote:
Hey everyone,
only atheists and fundamentalists/legalists attribute being forgiven through Christ with having to "walk the walk", whatever THAT means!

what "walk" do you hafta walk in order to be accepted by God and man?;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468492 Feb 28, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>My acquaintance with Wassie, though as casual as I can make it, goes back quite a way.
Yes, he is.
we go back to the sandbox, mac, and i love you too!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468493 Feb 28, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 Science is not "anti" christianity.
#2 Science has objective, testable evidence to back up all of its claims: xianity has none.
1) science in general is not anti-anything, but science so-called that assumes regarding spiritual/eterrnal things that it cannot possibly test is anti-Christ indeed.

2) science that sticks to objective, testable evidence to back up all of its claims is science indeed. so-called science that speculates through theories about things which it cannot possibly test is religion; usually of the occult nature;-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468494 Feb 28, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect many are.
That said, there are a number of Topix Christians who I both like and respect.
I agree. I don't play "Us vs Them" very well at all.

What I find interesting is that many "Christians" abandon the teachings of Jesus while many "non-believers" (unknowingly) embrace them.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468495 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry wassy - I forgot to respond to the "refuse to be held accountable to any standards yourself."
Incorrect. THis must be your projection of whom you truly are - OR - can't grasp and understand what you just stated.
If there are other perceptions, then let's here them.
Anyway, I do have a standard for mySelf - "Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law."
a. "God" has no control over what I do on this planet, thus my free will is active AT ALL TIMES.
b. "I do not harm nor try to hurt anyone emotionally in all of my travels. In fact, I've gotten the sense that others are drawn to me, because of my happy-go-lucky lifestyle. I may not be included in the "A" list (as I choose not too), but my "D" list friends are just as well as the "A list" group.
My standards - you know not. But if any of your posts are an indication of your standards, I believe that though we are equal in our humanity, your beliefs seems to thrive only because of what men think.
Believe me, my standards may be different than yours and in many ways - hard to achieve for the common folk - but like all humans, I make mistakes in my effort to achieve my standard.
Honesty - how honest can you be?
bottom line: since we were created to be in a family relationship with God and since the only way to be thus is to receive Christ as Lord and Savior; if we do not, our complete existense will have been an epic failure no matter how 'good' of a person we thought we were:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468496 Feb 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I don't play "Us vs Them" very well at all.
What I find interesting is that many "Christians" abandon the teachings of Jesus while many "non-believers" (unknowingly) embrace them.
the "teachings" of Jesus, if you will, is "except you eat My flesh and drink My blood you have no part with Me"

have you digested Christ, duane, or do you only think of Him in sentimental and moral ways as a ghandi-like social activist?:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468497 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the "teachings" of Jesus, if you will, is "except you eat My flesh and drink My blood you have no part with Me"
have you digested Christ, duane, or do you only think of Him in sentimental and moral ways as a ghandi-like social activist?:-)
The Gospel of John is a known and proven fraud..

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468498 Feb 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospel of John is a known and proven fraud..
it's only a 'fraud' to those who like to keep Jesus at a distance and to think of Him in sentimental ways;-)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#468499 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Ya know - I've read alot of different books about Jesus - the many "mysterious" qualities that were generated by men about him. A magician, a healer, a philosopher, a carpenter, a this, a that...etc...etc....etc.....yo u get my drift.
But did he really teach Judaism?
I believe he knew Judaism, but that was just a portion of his beliefs - if one were to take the into account the many different sayings he supposedly stated, or even the actions that he supposedly participated in or performed.
One could draw from all of this many perceptions of him. Christianity prefers to draw an incomplete one. Islam - incomplete. Judaism - rejection/incomplete. All incomplete - at the choice of men.
Take two steps forward. Shun religion, but not Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Quetzalcoatl, etc....and then read what each of these different "holy men" did and said.
Once you get past the words and understand their meanings - of what they were trying to say to THEIR generation, then you will understand that some of these moral teachings transcend time and people, but not the Self.
Cheers.
I can agree that all of the "great" t4eachers said things worth studying, although in some cases (like Mohammud) there is a LOT of chaff with the wheat. That does not change with the evidence that Jesus was a rabbi and Pharisee of the Hillel school. After all, it is his repetition of the concept of loving one's neighbors that most people remember, even though it is literally as old as the Torah.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#468500 Feb 28, 2014
carbon wrote:
Hey everyone,
She had free will, she chose her course of actions. Belief in a God will not change the nature of a person, but it might allow them an excuse to make those changes for themselves...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min oneear69 47,790
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min Joi C 2,006
Will Jesus show Satan to the world B 4 he goes ... 14 min Doctor REALITY 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min onemale 281,215
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min VIKING 971,557
"Moses, would you PLEASE tell God to STOP the F... 37 min Ficken Facts 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Regina 646,308
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 105,568
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web