Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#468244 Dec 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope that you have had a good holiday CJ.
I agree...for the most part this thread is dead...too many people responding to the trolls instead of ignoring them.
While I am at it...HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I had a nice Christmas.

Hope you did as well.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#468245 Dec 27, 2013
Hope everyone enjoyed whatever the celebrate, and I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

:-D

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#468246 Dec 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Hope everyone enjoyed whatever the celebrate, and I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
:-D
Happy New Year, mate!

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#468248 Dec 31, 2013
Here I am again at the yearly question of:“Why am I here in topix land, and am I still gaining anything by reading and posting here?”

2012 Answer:
“The why is easy for me.
I still have questions, and am very thankful that DoC started a place to discuss them. Looking into those questions, prompts more questions than answers for me…..I find that to be a good thing.”

2013:
Part of my response is the same this year:

I still have questions, and am very thankful that DoC started a place to discuss them - yet I don’t read or post much here anymore. I find that to be sad as I truly enjoyed it in here for the most part till a few months ago. The quick responders and slow to ponder have simply taken over.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#468250 Dec 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
Here I am again at the yearly question of:“Why am I here in topix land, and am I still gaining anything by reading and posting here?”
2012 Answer:
“The why is easy for me.
I still have questions, and am very thankful that DoC started a place to discuss them. Looking into those questions, prompts more questions than answers for me…..I find that to be a good thing.”
2013:
Part of my response is the same this year:
I still have questions, and am very thankful that DoC started a place to discuss them - yet I don’t read or post much here anymore. I find that to be sad as I truly enjoyed it in here for the most part till a few months ago. The quick responders and slow to ponder have simply taken over.
Yep, all "Trollers and Scrollers". I'll admit I can be a stroller, particularly the way some old "haunts" have become. Hope all is well NoStress, May your New Year be an increase of wisdom, and accomplishment.

Ann Arbor, MI

#468251 Dec 31, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, all "Trollers and Scrollers". I'll admit I can be a stroller, particularly the way some old "haunts" have become. Hope all is well NoStress, May your New Year be an increase of wisdom, and accomplishment.
Happy New Year Senecus <3 May I ask if you read 2 posts or 1? Home computer is showing 2 and my phone is only showing the first....

Ann Arbor, MI

#468252 Dec 31, 2013
Sorry...reposting the 2nd part of my post....topix glitch :P

Ann Arbor, MI

#468255 Dec 31, 2013
Dearth taught me that I can argue all I wish, but its not worth my own self-respect to prove a personal point. He was so thoughtful in all of his responses to me, and *never* had a negative thing to say - even when I *know* I irritated him <3. He also helped me to see that when you truly slow down and read - even read again (perhaps 3 or 4 times for the way out there comments)….a little light may click on as to where someone is coming from. Folks honestly do see things differently, some are worth attempting to understand…others not so much. Learning to discern is what he prompted me to do.

Counter pushed me to the point of possibly walking from my beliefs. How could what I believe is an integral part of self… also make a person be as he was and argue as (and how) he did. We came to an agreement over some time, he taught me some valuable personal lessons. Evaluating my beliefs due to how he chose to communicate, was very good for me. We *truly* had nothing in common when it came to what we took from the Bible. He prompted me to look into where someone is located in this world…simple, yet - opened my eyes, much.

Cont...

Ann Arbor, MI

#468256 Dec 31, 2013
I honestly hope I can find it in me to post here again. I learned a lot about myself here. I find it interesting that the folks that ridiculed me the most at the beginning, many have become my friends in life…. I have grown in their company as a Christian. I was only warmly welcomed by three people when I first came here: One has passed, another has gone MIA (Moon), and the other is my friend (Water). What I find most interesting is that the woman that picked on me *the most*(See the P.S. ;) at the beginning, is still as she was - and is cherished by me as a friend. That would have been an opportunity missed, had I been as “Knowledgeable” as I am now about making online friends. I have built up walls to online “trolls” and must admit, if the two of us had met today…..chances are I would overlook the very thing that I believe DoC taught me…Be: slow to respond, triple read if needed and if nothing else….let the comment go…..as its not about you….

Happy New Year my friends, wishing you nothing but happiness, good health, and growth in the new year.

My posts of New Years Past:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

P.S. Almost forgot: Hagens Fault!!!! ;)

Ann Arbor, MI

#468258 Dec 31, 2013
At this point it is word salad...:P Thank you Topix for the New Years reminder of why to keep your point @ a minimal word description.....

Happy New Year!!!!

NoStress.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#468259 Dec 31, 2013
Hi again NoStress, and yes your posts are showing. I see this is an annual ritual of sorts for you :)

Concerning DoC, I never got to know him well, I came about here when he only posted sporadically. But did read his OP and a few others and , though I may not agree with all his conclusions, came away with the impression of one who thought through things in his sphere of life- and related such intelligibly.

I also understand where you're coming from with "impressions" of other posters one may have before actually engaging them, and coming away with a whole different perspective - regardless of their persuasion. There are some non-believers who I thoroughly enjoy posting with, even jousting; and there are some believers who repulse me by being an offence to the Christos.

As I'm sure you can see many threads you once frequented are seemingly going dormant- becoming virtual "ghost towns". Many reasons for this ,may be summed up some things have just played their course.

Restful night , be blest:)

Columbus, OH

#468260 Jan 1, 2014
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't have a clue, Karl.
Well, good to see you, WN.

Columbus, OH

#468261 Jan 1, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
I honestly hope I can find it in me to post here again. I learned a lot about myself here. I find it interesting that the folks that ridiculed me the most at the beginning, many have become my friends in life…. I have grown in their company as a Christian. I was only warmly welcomed by three people when I first came here: One has passed, another has gone MIA (Moon), and the other is my friend (Water). What I find most interesting is that the woman that picked on me *the most*(See the P.S. ;) at the beginning, is still as she was - and is cherished by me as a friend. That would have been an opportunity missed, had I been as “Knowledgeable” as I am now about making online friends. I have built up walls to online “trolls” and must admit, if the two of us had met today…..chances are I would overlook the very thing that I believe DoC taught me…Be: slow to respond, triple read if needed and if nothing else….let the comment go…..as its not about you….
Happy New Year my friends, wishing you nothing but happiness, good health, and growth in the new year.
My posts of New Years Past:
P.S. Almost forgot: Hagens Fault!!!! ;)
Nice posts.
macumazahn

Ireland

#468262 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year, everyone!
NorCal88

Denver, CO

#468264 Jan 2, 2014
How is everyone?

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#468265 Jan 2, 2014
Peace On Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, but the lip-sync is way off. How about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =a63eiUNMQRcXX
Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Honorable Grasshopper

Lansdowne, PA

#468266 Jan 2, 2014
Where did everyone go??

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#468267 Jan 2, 2014
Honorable Grasshopper wrote:
Where did everyone go??
See Master Po - he know :)
Gut Stomper

Bulls Gap, TN

#468269 Jan 4, 2014
Honorable Grasshopper wrote:
Where did everyone go??
Most likely to hell.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#468270 Jan 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
guess what happened on Golgatha on across on a Passover week nearly 2013 years ago and the world has never been the same since and which is why you're compelled to talk with me about those events to this day even tho it's in antagonistic manner???
Wjhat happened then was the same as what happened on numerous other Passovers: Jewish troublemakers were executed for their crimes. Nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 3 min Paul is dead 1966 3,083
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min River Tam 839,972
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 49 min Timeitwassaid 466
SIEMENS SERVIS LEVENT (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) Siemen... 1 hr siemenswr 1
Kalite ileri Teknoloji SIEMENS ( 342 00 24 ) AK... 1 hr siemenswr 1
Want Voip Billing Reseller Service? 1 hr cloudastrix 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liam 590,800
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jarring 100,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web