Why I’m no longer a Christian

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#468671 Mar 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
show me some facts instead of only pushing your ambiguos myths all the time.
we need to take back public education from the malicious myth-spreading evil-utionists!
Deuteronomy 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man...
Toby

Portland, OR

#468672 Mar 17, 2014
Ignorance and hubris is robust, wow.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#468673 Mar 17, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Deuteronomy 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man...
umm...cutting and pasting ancient jewish law IS NOT providing proof that man evolved from slime over several billions of years......

i'm beginning to think that you're ALL hot air and NO 'scientific facts'!!!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468674 Mar 17, 2014
gonnerbone wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =x-FCwNNPwoYXX
Christians are gays is why I dont like Christians--
actually homosexuals are gays. are you an antichrist & a homophobe? odd combo! at least that's better than being an antichrist & homosexual, i guess.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468675 Mar 17, 2014
Toby wrote:
Ignorance and hubris is robust, wow.
i know, huh? and to think that these gaytheist snobs actually think they can out debate me with nothing but their petentiousness and superstitions which they have the nerve to call "science"!!!
tricki

Manheim, PA

#468677 Mar 19, 2014
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
liar
tricki

Manheim, PA

#468678 Mar 19, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Myth is not fact. While I have no problem with the concept of a man named Jesus having been a wandering preacher of Jewish revivalism, the Bible shows quite clearly that that is all he ever was. He could not possibly have been the Messiah, since he failed to fulfill the prophecies. He could not have been the God of the Bible, the Bible prohibits believers from ever worshiping any man. And "son of God" is fairly meaningless, since it means nothing more than an observant Jewish male.
So, unless you figure out a way to prove that up is down and black is white, I have not been, nor will I ever be, defeated or humiliated/
golly, that's a relief
tricki

Manheim, PA

#468679 Mar 19, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try to remember that 2 Peter was written LONG after the death of Jesus in a feeble attempt to explain why the "prophecies" made by Jesus failed. Jesus told his audience that some of them listening to him would get to see the coming of the Messiah and the fulfillment of Messianic prophecies, like the kicking out of the Roman occupation, the reestablishment of Israel under a king of the line of David, etc. Jesus was wrong, so the writer of 2 Peter had to invent a reason to cover up this mistake.
But then, that is what happens when you worship a false god like Jesus.
Jesus told his audience that some of them listening to him would get to see the coming of the Messiah and the fulfillment of Messianic prophecies, like the kicking out of the Roman occupation, the reestablishment of Israel under a king of the line of David, etc. Jesus was wrong

if these scholars would use scriptures to support their interpretation of scripture, they'd seem a lot less stupid. but, alas
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#468680 Mar 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know, huh? and to think that these gaytheist snobs actually think they can out debate me with nothing but their petentiousness and superstitions which they have the nerve to call "science"!!!
My leaf blower could out debate you. You're an idiot...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#468682 Mar 19, 2014
Bloody 'eck, who left the door open?

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#468684 Mar 20, 2014
BrownEboy wrote:
<quoted text>
With my ethnic background and where a part of my family are from, I think that I know a lot more about what I'm talking about than you do. I think that today's Christians and Catholics are on the wrong team. They are worshiping false idols and deities, trust me. Like I said, ask more than one Catholic pope who do they secretly worship behind closed doors. They will either a) immediately dismiss you and try running away as quickly as they can or b) you will probably get one who will lead you to the truth but not directly give you the truth. Christians are lost and it's not to say that others aren't but Christianity - well another hint, the anti-Christ isn't as visible as people think they (keyword) are. It does matter what people have done in the name of religion because that is how your false religion and devil worship began. All of the truth is hidden (and some in plain sight) where life began. There's another hint for you. Christians have been bamboozled and I would laugh but it's not funny to think of who really bamboozled them smdh. You have no clue don't you? I can explain detail by detail about where your holy cross derived from and where Christianity derived from which was much like the swastika, a sacred symbol only twisted by the sick and twisted in order to gain power and control. There is no good in Christianity, only in God. There's a difference, but you're probably so clueless to where you have no idea what that means. Try going to the vatican for instance and watch and observe exactly what the popes (or lack of what they won't do on purpose) but have Catholic followers do. Everything is in plain but partially blind eye sight. These people know exactly what they are doing and Christians are too blind to catch on. Notice even what the popes have on their robes. Like I said, it's in plain eye sight some of this as to who they worship behind closed doors and what they have idiots like you worshiping.
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? You believe in god so you have obviously been bamboozled as well.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468685 Mar 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My leaf blower could out debate you. You're an idiot...
put down the leaf blower, roll up your sleaves and bring it!

so you have some evidence (lol) that life evolved from slime over several billion years???

no one has a a shread of it and that includes you! let's see what you AND your leaf blower hafta say about THAT!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468686 Mar 20, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't debate. You can't enter a debate when you don't know any facts.
i have an entire Book full of facts that your kind has been trying to destroy since the beginning but can't!

what you got....huh....huh.....put up or SHUT UP!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468691 Mar 21, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What are sleaves?
<quoted text>
So you have some evidence (lol) that life was blinked into existence by a real magical guy?
<quoted text>
And you.
<quoted text>
Too bad you won't even attempt to answer back.
YES - i have evidence; it's called EVERYTHING!

ONCE just once, i'd like to see this 'so-called scientific evidence' that haters have for evolution instead of just their insults and diversion from answering the question.......sigh:-(

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#468692 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so you have some evidence (lol) that life evolved from slime over several billion years???
no one has a a shread of it and that includes you! let's see what you AND your leaf blower hafta say about THAT!;-)
tell me, what does it profit you to be despised by "both sides"

Why don't you take the time to better learn the dogma which you hate.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#468693 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YES - i have evidence; it's called EVERYTHING!
ONCE just once, i'd like to see this 'so-called scientific evidence' that haters have for evolution instead of just their insults and diversion from answering the question.......sigh:-(
go get an education
sid hawkes

Ardsley, NY

#468694 Mar 21, 2014
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Two
I mentioned my doubts about the value of grace. Let me try to explain:
I learned early on that I, as a rather perceptive and articulate kid, wielded the power of language. I was able to wound someone deeply with a well-timed and chosen, derisive remark. I’m ashamed to say that I flung these about, at an early stage of my life, freely and easily. These thoughtless barbs of mine were the cause of a lot of needless pain. I believe they were the greatest sins of my commission, ever.
I was assured that my sins were forgiven me but I became aware after a time that the targets of my derision, once hurt or offended, remained hurt or offended for a very long time. Jesus’ forgiveness of me, I noted, made no difference at all to the people I had hurt. Things changed for me as I approached adulthood and began to feel genuine empathy for other people. In time I came to feel an element of real remorse for the thoughtlessness of my adolescence, and when I felt these regrets – I still feel them today -- I realized that Jesus’ grace made no real difference to me, either.
Grace was like the presence of God; everyone said it was real. But no matter how I tried, I was not able to feel it myself.
My crisis arrived one day at a church prayer service when the minister asked us all to recall our thoughts and feelings on the day we were saved. Surely we remembered the day vividly. It was the most important day of our lives.
People around me began standing, one at a time, and giving witness. The recurring phrase, as I recall it, was “the weight of mountains off my shoulders.” I sat there in my pew and reflected in private silence over the vague, unfulfilled void I had experienced in the wake of my own baptism, by this time some ten years in the past.
The minister went on to inform us that we, as the committed Christians we were, ought still to enjoy that same exultant, liberated feeling today. Didn’t we?
Again the witnessing from the pews around me, everyone standing in turn to give solemn testimony that they did indeed feel the power of Jesus in their lives, each and every day. It was profound, they said. It was moving. They were touched, one and all, to the very core of their existence and the strength of their inspiration did not dissipate as time elapsed, but rather grew stronger.
It went on this way. I turned this way and that to listen as the faithful on all sides of me rose and gave vivid testimony. The passion of Jesus, apparently, was with everyone in the assembly. Except me.
Isn't grace merited judgment withheld?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468695 Mar 21, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me, what does it profit you to be despised by "both sides"
Why don't you take the time to better learn the dogma which you hate.
i'm only hated by one side, karl, and my words are exposing the wolves in sheeps clothing;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#468696 Mar 21, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
go get an education
when you refer to choosing information that favors a moral position, and in your particualr case, you should instead say "go get indoctrinated into antichrist philosophy like me"
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#468697 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
My leaf blower noticed you misspelled "shred". We both laughed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Want to be in a relationship with Niall Horan 58 min Babygirl95 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr Impeach 45,832
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Rosesz 691,918
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Exposing Devil Lies 6,688
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Exposing Devil Lies 990,659
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Exposing Devil Lies 619,838
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr Classic 4,396
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 8 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
More from around the web