“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#467329 Nov 1, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> pasted from web:
Our Pilgrim forefathers knew well of Halloween's occult roots. In fact they banned celebrating Halloween in America. Halloween was not celebrated in this country until 1845. At that time multiplied thousands of Irish emigrants flooded into New York because of the Irish Potato Famine of 1845-46. They brought with them an old Druid Holiday they called Halloween. Gradually celebrating this day spread throughout the rest of the country.
To understand Halloween's roots better we need to go back further into history and take a look at the Druids and the Celtic people. The Druids were the pagan priests of the Celts. They were idolaters, occult practitioners and witches of sorts.
Ralph Linton wrote:
The American celebration (of Halloween) rests upon Scottish and Irish folk customs which can be traced in a direct line from pre-Christian times. The earliest celebrations were held by the DRUIDS in honor of Shamhain, Lord of Death, whose festival fell on November 1st.
No, Dusty, Samhain has nothing to do with death or witchcraft.
It's a harvest festival.

The superstitious nonsense that's been tacked onto it is of Christian origin.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#467330 Nov 1, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own sick religion of hate and murder. When do you plan to kill your parents for jesus?
<quoted text>
Nowhere near as low as you. Aren't you the one who "quoted" jesus as saying you have to hate your family to follow him?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i did quote that statement. but, i quoted it in context
"Context." Yeah, right. That and "satan" are your best friends.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> and in comparrison to having a reltationship with God who never fails
That's a lie; your god doesn't exist, except as a crappy book of lies.*That* is what you worship.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> the english translation of the word 'hate' has different meanings in greek, similar to our english word for 'love' which has 3 seperate variations in greek.
Is that what your warlock/minister/master told you to believe? It wouldn't surprise me. As everyone here knows, you aren't capable of thinking for yourself.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
do you want to apologize for being so harsh to me?:)
I never apologize for being right, or for telling the Truth.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#467331 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Your own sick religion of hate and murder. When do you plan to kill your parents for jesus?
<quoted text>
Nowhere near as low as you. Aren't you the one who "quoted" jesus as saying you have to hate your family to follow him?
<quoted text>
"Context." Yeah, right. That and "satan" are your best friends.
<quoted text>
That's a lie; your god doesn't exist, except as a crappy book of lies.*That* is what you worship.
<quoted text>
Is that what your warlock/minister/master told you to believe? It wouldn't surprise me. As everyone here knows, you aren't capable of thinking for yourself.
<quoted text>
I never apologize for being right, or for telling the Truth.
did you have fun last night and did you take today off? sincere question with not malicious intent whatsoever:)

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#467332 Nov 1, 2013
My boss knows that 31 October is a big night for me, so he always gives me the next day off. In return, I work christmas, since everyone wants that day off and it means nothing to me.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467333 Nov 1, 2013
My boss knows that 31 October is a big night for me, so he always gives me the next day off. In return, I work christmas, since everyone wants that day off and it means nothing to me.
ssssooo was it a big night for you and did you have fun - care to share any details?(u can PM me too:)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#467334 Nov 1, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, Dusty, Samhain has nothing to do with death or witchcraft.
It's a harvest festival.
Minor quibble... Samhain was the time of year that the farmers had to judge their ability to keep their cattle alive and fed throughout the winter, they had to decide how many would live and how many had to die (and be salted away as food over the winter). So, in that sense, there is a connection to death.

And on an almost related note, the reason that Lent made good sense (with the complete avoidance of eating meat) was that it was a time when the weather could no longer be counted on to keep the meat cold enough to avoid spoilage. By the end of Lent, it was pretty obvious that the meat was bad. But of course, by then, we would have passed Imbolg, and we'd know which ewes were with lamb, and thus have a good idea about how plentiful the spring lambing would be.

The Borderland of Sol

#467335 Nov 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor quibble... Samhain was the time of year that the farmers had to judge their ability to keep their cattle alive and fed throughout the winter, they had to decide how many would live and how many had to die (and be salted away as food over the winter). So, in that sense, there is a connection to death.
And on an almost related note, the reason that Lent made good sense (with the complete avoidance of eating meat) was that it was a time when the weather could no longer be counted on to keep the meat cold enough to avoid spoilage. By the end of Lent, it was pretty obvious that the meat was bad. But of course, by then, we would have passed Imbolg, and we'd know which ewes were with lamb, and thus have a good idea about how plentiful the spring lambing would be.
Yup. I wasn't in the mood to go into all that.
Lazy.

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#467337 Nov 1, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
It's a harvest festival.
I could believe that easily, the churches always do that.

Happy Samhain, Mac and Kaitlin.
Gut Stomper

Asheville, NC

#467340 Nov 2, 2013
Either you destroyed this thread, or I destroyed this thread, or we both destroyed this thread.

Everyway, I'm happy.

The Borderland of Sol

#467341 Nov 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I could believe that easily, the churches always do that.
Happy Samhain, Mac and Kaitlin.
Backatcha, Rosa.
The Watcher

Czech Republic

#467342 Nov 3, 2013
I see Meredith's posts are still the only ones not being censored. What gives? How 'bout some truth?

If you got the damn guts...
frankfazzieee

Pittsburgh, PA

#467343 Nov 3, 2013
youtube.com/watch... I bought a new car got no time for Christian nonsense lets drive in style

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467344 Nov 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
It's a harvest festival.
Correct.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467345 Nov 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
Either you destroyed this thread, or I destroyed this thread, or we both destroyed this thread.
Everyway, I'm happy.
Congratulations on your impressive bowel movement.

Your life's legacy is taking a massive dump on an anonymous forum.

Your life certainly is worthless. I pity you.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#467346 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations on your impressive bowel movement.
Your life's legacy is taking a massive dump on an anonymous forum.
Your life certainly is worthless. I pity you.
Gut Stomper is the Eric Cartman of Topix.
Gut Stomper

Loudon, TN

#467347 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! Now watch my impressive bowel movement.
Your life's legacy is taking down number one threads. Mine is taking a massive dump on an anonymous forum.
My life certainly is worthless. I envy you.
Thanks. I'm flattered.
Gut Stomper

Loudon, TN

#467348 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Gut Stomper is the Albert Einstein of Topix.
Please stop. I'm honored.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#467350 Nov 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a dumbass piece of redneck shit.
Okay.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#467351 Nov 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat dog shit.
Okay.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467352 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay.
what's the deal?! i ask you a little about your halloween festivities and you give me nothing, yet i always answer your questions....:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 554,917
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Clearwater 764,708
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Charlie Sheen 263,510
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 15 min Sanan 1,192
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 20 min Yahooram 136
Because I'm Cool like that....... 31 min Doctor REALITY 4
Unborn Baby Up For Adoption (Jan '13) 51 min Manpreet 94
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 603,616
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 175,043

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE