“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467420 Nov 6, 2013
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
So instead of paying death benefits to the families of fallen soldiers, Obama is cutting them off until he gets his unaffordable health care bill passed, and leaving the payments up to Fischer House, a privately funded organization that has volunteered to pick up the tab. I have *never* seen a more hateful, hurtful, small-minded and mean-spirited administration than this one, in all of my forty-two years of following politics. It's too bad that there is no hell, because Obama and his supporters deserve it.
That bill was passed quite a few years ago. He doesn't have to hold people hostage to get it passed.
There are many problems with the Affordable Healthcare Act, but there were problems when it was rolled out in Mitt Romney's state under his watch as governor. The ACA is based on Mitt Romney's plan and that plan is working very well for the residents of that state. There were things to work out then and there are things to work out now. Get used to it. Unless you live in a red state as I do, you'll have the ACA to deal with.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467422 Nov 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
Why would your God say that he calls his own to him and then turn around and be mad at them because he didn't call them? Seems like a pretty nasty being you worship.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467423 Nov 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignorant little boy. Your statement, "Many people have "died" and come back to life well after their death.
You should have encapsulated the word "death" in quotes. Since you did not, you revealed just exactly how confused you are on bedrock concepts of life and death.
Have you never seen a dead mouse, a dead badger, a dead deer, a dead plant, a dead whale?
I thought you said women weren't supposed to teach men. What happened that it exempted you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467424 Nov 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person believes God's word, then he will believe that all scripture is inspired of God.
If he does not believe, then the word of God has no meaning to him.
Then if the entire Bible is inspired by God, why don't you believe all of it?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467425 Nov 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Doc, I saw the fall color is just getting ready to be at its peak in your area.
You know, for a week or so, I thought WaterNymph may have died and gone on to perdition.
Turns out she was in for knee surgery.
I know you were hoping that I was curling up like bacon frying in a pan but I'm quite fine, thank you very much.

I just don't spend as much time reading the crap most Christians post on this page and many others. It just gets boring after a while. And, since DoC is no longer here it's just not the same place. I miss his ability to stay kind to all of you who spew your hateful words daily. He was a wonderful human being.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467426 Nov 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth Goddess New Age beliefs, Mormonism from birth, Native American spiritism from heritage. WaterNymph has stated several times that she can pay for her own sin, and that she in fact prefers to pay for her own sin. She resents a Savior who took her destiny in his hands without consulting her.
The 'savior' whom you mention does not exist. Therefore, I don't have to resent it. No imaginary deity has taken my destiny in his hands. But I would resent it if a deity killed himself (even if it's not permanent as is the case for your deity) without asking if I wanted someone to die for what I have done and taken full responsibility for. You poor dear.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467427 Nov 6, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Still wishing people dead? How very Christian of you.
Yes, people like her want all opposition to die. This has ever been the wish of the Christian church as a whole, though there are a few good folk smattered about in the group. If only all of us who don't agree with their personal interpretation (different for EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD!), then they'd be okay with us not believing. But we have to go and be all logical and stuff. How insensitive of us!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467428 Nov 6, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she prefers the Great Spirit to your tyrant of a god. Who seems to be made in YOUR image, sending everyone to hell.
I wouldn't blame her.
Exactly. And I don't 'worship' the Great Spirit. I give the history of my people and she takes it as my belief because I won't tell her what my beliefs are. It's none of her business. And holy things are not to be aired on street corners...in other words, on Topix and like places. Her Bible tells her that, but she continues to go against everything her Bible says. I seriously doubt she actually knows what her Bible says. She does know what the preacher she worships says though.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467429 Nov 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet again, you duck the point, and respond with irrelevancies.
FYI: I'm an atheist. I'm not gay. Try to keep your sh!t straight.
He's evidently trying to get rid of some of his guilt by transferring his own 'problems' to you. Maybe he doesn't realize that being bisexual makes him gay. Someone should take him aside and tell him all about it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467430 Nov 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Praise the Lord that your mother is a Christian. My mother was also born again and is now with the Lord.
As the rich man in hell, those in the flames will be aware of everything, including remembrance of their pasts; however, we in heaven will have no vantage point towards earth or hell. There will be no remembrance of past things. There will be no tears, partly because we will not be exposed to sadness, strife, and suffering of others. We will be rejoicing in our new world which eye hath not seen nor ear heard what God hath prepared for those who love Him.
What a pretty little dream that is. No one who dies will have any remembrance of the past, at least not for long. So you're correct in a way. But not so much about the hell thing. Jesus never spoke of a hell like you believe in. You are so deluded that you think everything the preacher whom you worship says.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467431 Nov 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
belief in zee unseen God haz alwayz been a reason for zee cainz of zee world to incarcerate and incinerate zee saintz! in fact, much of zee Bible was written from prizonz!
Practicing up for your Nazi White Supremacist meeting?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467432 Nov 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, 10 years old ?
Please don't insult 10 year olds.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467433 Nov 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>How many of them are there, according to you?
Historically, there were four men at the time attributed to Jesus' life & teachings who were walking around doing miracles (healing, raising the dead, etc.) There is no way for historians to say factually which of these men was the Jesus of the Bible. History and true Bible scholarship (not apologetics!) will do it for ya every time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467434 Nov 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Jesus of the Bible and of Galilee was born of a virgin.
The Redeemer Alcides was born of the virgin Alcmene 1280 BC.Alcides was exhibited in a manger, just as Jesus would be in Christianity.
Inscriptions in the country of the Gauls read a familiar record too.'The Chaste virgin and her son The Son of God'. Also inscribed on ancient Gaul stele was 'He who hath ears to hear, let him hear'. These were Pagans, wassie. Their writings precede Christianity. Kinda does make you think that just maybe your Bible story was stolen from other societies, doesn't it? Of course you will not see it, but I just thought I'd bring a little enlightenment your way.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467435 Nov 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft. I can cite you a hal-dozen gods and demigods who were "born of a virgin".
Start with Horus and Mithras.
Oh, and they're older.
I just sited two lesser-known ones. Haha

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467436 Nov 6, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
For bonus points, let's note that that is a separate commandment from the one that says no false gods...
Wassie is his own god, made in his own image. Would that count as a false god?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467437 Nov 6, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us are still trying!
Hello Scambuster. Hope all is well in your world.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#467438 Nov 6, 2013
Mere the Donkey Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to bed 4 donkeys!
All while typing posts on Topix. Multi-tasking, are ya?
Mere the Donkey Lover

Sweetwater, TN

#467439 Nov 6, 2013
A 29 post scroll!
Mere the Donkey Lover

Sweetwater, TN

#467440 Nov 6, 2013
Well, back to scuking all the donkeys in Pocono!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 837,255
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 4,159
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Peace_Warrior 612,144
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min karl44 589,466
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Aura Mytha 271,276
MARCUS ALLEN is the REAL REASON Orenthal murder... 56 min Doctor REALITY 1
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 57 min Landasok 346
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 176,826
More from around the web