“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466908 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
God smote all the men of Sodom with blindness as they attempted to beat on Lot's door and break in and commit abomination with the two male messengers. They were not blind from birth.
The abomination (the worship of foreign Gods) was committed long before the angels got there.

A wise man looks to multiple sources for his information. Jewish folklore talks about Sodom and the problems that it had. That cry to God? Described as a woman who had been covered in honey and hung from the city wall so that wild bees would devour her as punishment for her crime. The "crime" that she committed? She fed a traveler that had been beaten and robbed by the citizens of Sodom. After he was beaten and robbed, the townsfolk refused to feed him, refused to provide a court of law for him to accuse his attackers (c.f. Genesis 9:6).

While this IS just the folklore explanation, it DOES fit with what is written in Ezekiel...

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

#466909 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
With this post you have committed the unpardonable sin.
The only sin is in DENYING that Jesus was a false god.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#466910 Oct 4, 2013
There is a simplicity to these ideas: we are all headed to a 6 foot hole in the ground. So, that given, and the idea that a louse like myself just might find something better, I can: 1) HOPE that He just isn't there; or 2)TRUST that HE will be. The later idea is positive, and since I cannot prove anyway whether HE exists or not, so I will go with that. That is my logic, basically.

#466911 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose again the third day, according to the scriptures.
It's great to have the promise from God. Wish you were going to fly away with us.
Then your beliefs are NOT based on the teachings of the Bible, since it clearly states that no one can atone for the sins of another. You have only the "promise" of a false prophet.

#466912 Oct 4, 2013
roseinthorn__ wrote:
There is a simplicity to these ideas: we are all headed to a 6 foot hole in the ground. So, that given, and the idea that a louse like myself just might find something better, I can: 1) HOPE that He just isn't there; or 2)TRUST that HE will be. The later idea is positive, and since I cannot prove anyway whether HE exists or not, so I will go with that. That is my logic, basically.
Yeah, Pascal's wager argument...

That only works IF you manage to guess the correct sky daddy to bow down before. Pick the wrong one, or worship incorrectly, and you're screwed.

Far better to just make sure that you live a good life, help opthers whenever you can, and leave the world a better place than when you got here. Any God worthy of worship will take that as good enough.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466913 Oct 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Correct - all texts - not jsut the canon.
Why don't you believe Jesus and would rather follow what men want you to believe?
<quoted text>
Still choosing not to answer my original question of:
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" an which texts he declars not?
"I believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose again the third day, according to the scriptures"
- no he didn't die for yours or anyone's sins, as "sin" is still present in this world. You are believing a ruse.
- no Jesus didn't rise again on the 3rd day, unless it was in Spiritual form or he wasn't dead at all.
FYI - many people have "died" and came back to life well after their death, but you don't believe those individuals did so for your sins. Why not?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story...
http://calvininjax.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/m...
Well?
You are a fraud.
I understand why you like to divert, as it affects your belief to the core.
You'd rather believe lies than believe Jesus and his teachings.
Did rigor mortis set in?
duststorm

League City, TX

#466914 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
No need - I'll be standing tall along Jesus when you get there to welcome you.
Please be sure to kneel.
You are going to be alongside him in the clouds when he grabs us up to be with him?
duststorm

League City, TX

#466915 Oct 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The abomination (the worship of foreign Gods) was committed long before the angels got there.
A wise man looks to multiple sources for his information. Jewish folklore talks about Sodom and the problems that it had. That cry to God? Described as a woman who had been covered in honey and hung from the city wall so that wild bees would devour her as punishment for her crime. The "crime" that she committed? She fed a traveler that had been beaten and robbed by the citizens of Sodom. After he was beaten and robbed, the townsfolk refused to feed him, refused to provide a court of law for him to accuse his attackers (c.f. Genesis 9:6).
While this IS just the folklore explanation, it DOES fit with what is written in Ezekiel...
Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
The CITY of Sodom was being referred to as female, like a ship or a car. This was not a literal female citizen of Sodom. lol

#466916 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
The CITY of Sodom was being referred to as female, like a ship or a car. This was not a literal female citizen of Sodom. lol
Go back, and this time try to read ALL of the words I posted...

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#466917 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
God smote all the men of Sodom with blindness as they attempted to beat on Lot's door....
Your bible fairytales are irrelevant.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466918 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
What? No actual statement by Jesus?
I asked for a specific statement made by Jesus. You can provide this, right?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
Blaahh! Blaahh! Blaahh!!

Second-rate fiction. Hercules is more believable than jesus. After all,*he* came first.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466919 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Bullshit, spam & lies.

Y'got nothin'.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466920 Oct 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
With this post you have committed the unpardonable sin.
By telling you the truth? Yeah, that's a sin in *your* religion, all right.

Good thing neither he nor I are part of your sick religion of hypocrisy and lies.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466921 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct - all texts - not jsut the canon.
Why don't you believe Jesus and would rather follow what men want you to believe?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose again the third day, according to the scriptures.
The scriptures lie.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It's great to have the promise from God. Wish you were going to fly away with us.
You're welcome to your empty promises; but don't go telling everyone else they have to believe it all just because you do.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466922 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Did rigor mortis set in?
The non-answers of so-called "Christians".

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466923 Oct 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are going to be alongside him in the clouds when he grabs us up to be with him?
No.

There are only aliens in the clouds.

Do you belong to the "Heaven's Gate" crew?

Anyhow - no matter, when you transcend this world and go to another world, as described by NDE experiences, I will welcome you alongside Jesus. Please be sure to kneel.

What is not clear about this?

I believe what Jesus said. I'm sorry you don't.
Mere the Donkey Lover

Knoxville, TN

#466924 Oct 5, 2013
What's up?
My name is Mere and I love donkey meat!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466926 Oct 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "Changing socks now."
LOL!

hi kait - i missed you:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466927 Oct 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "Changing socks now."
BTW - you talk more like gut stomper than anyone else i know on these threads; you're just on opposite sides of the argument;)
floor micah

Spruce Pine, NC

#466928 Oct 7, 2013
Croak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 10 min Blagoja 716
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 min Roger Paul 852
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min marge 542,642
gay skype boy ;) 12 min Txsupguy 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 739,658
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 25 min Bev Jamison 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Blagoja 173,689
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 259,536
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Gordon 227,554
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••