Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oops. Surely you do not think this passage in 2 Kings is a miracle of a healing of one born blind?
2 Kings:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
Liam, the miracle here is that there were guardians on horses and chariots of fire which were unseen to the humans until God opened their spiritual eyes.
Proof that you do not believe in a god; you believe in your buybull. Your "god" is nothing more than paper and ink.

How pathetic is that?
duke

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oops. Surely you do not think this passage in 2 Kings is a miracle of a healing of one born blind?
2 Kings:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
Liam, the miracle here is that there were guardians on horses and chariots of fire which were unseen to the humans until God opened their spiritual eyes.
sounds like aliens to me.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
John 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
then again it could mean that the dude was just narrow minded and refused to see what was in front of him. until another human said something to him that helped him see things in a different way.

or it could have been conversion disorder.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It is a vision and a prediction of what's to come.
It is proof that the isle of Patmos had a good supply of magic mushrooms.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

duststorm wrote:
Read the WHOLE passage IN CONTEXT:

2 Kings 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
6:20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

Elisha healed the whole host. GoJohn HAD to claim that Jesus healed someone "born" blind, GoJohn was attempting to create a false Messiah out of an itinerant preacher.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Kings 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
6:20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.
Elisha healed the whole host. GoJohn HAD to claim that Jesus healed someone "born" blind, GoJohn was attempting to create a false Messiah out of an itinerant preacher.
Only God has power to give sight, to take it away, and to restore it.
Jesus is God.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Elisha healed the whole host.
Where do you get that Elisha healed the whole host? He asked the Lord to open their eyes.
yTube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't believe these.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Why not?
You understand that you also are without end.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Why not?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You understand that you also are without end.
Okay - but it still doesn't answer why you don't believe these texts like you do with the canon.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Why not?
<quoted text>
Okay - but it still doesn't answer why you don't believe these texts like you do with the canon.
They are not the true scriptures. I'm sorry you've spent so much of your time on the rambling, false material.
I'm always going to err on the side of truth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Only God has power to give sight, to take it away, and to restore it.
Jesus is God.
So, you are saying that Elisa is also a god?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You posted an opinion that the book of the Revelation dates from the time of Domitian.
The book itself clearly states that it is a prediction of the future.
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
and
Rev. 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
So? You want to take the word of someone who was stoned on magic mushrooms? Every time anyone wrote an apocalypse, they described it as a prediction of the future. It is a characteristic of the genre. Quite a few have been written over the years, none of them mean anything.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>They are not the true scriptures. I'm sorry you've spent so much of your time on the rambling, false material.
But the ONLY difference is that what you want to call "true" scripture was voted in by a committee.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Only God has power to give sight, to take it away, and to restore it.
Jesus is God.
Now, there's a simple solution for a simple mind. No thought required.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Why not?
<quoted text>
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>They are not the true scriptures. I'm sorry you've spent so much of your time on the rambling, false material.
You don't have any truth.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But the ONLY difference is that what you want to call "true" scripture was voted in by a committee.
We have to go by what Jesus said, and Jesus said in John 5:39:
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, there's a simple solution for a simple mind. No thought required.
Don't be fooled by the simplicity of it, and don't be tripped up by the "authoritarian" tone of it.
There is such a thing as irrefutable truth. If something is bedrock truth, we should just meditate upon it, and let it percolate down into the innermost part of our being.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Why not?

duststorm wrote:
They aren't? Oh snap!! Clearly you know which texts are and which are not, otherwise, you wouldn't have stated this.

Please post the passage(s) that states which texts are "true scriptures" and which are not. You can do this, right?

How 'bout something easier. Please post the statement by "God" which clearly has "God" dictating which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

There - you now have two different angles to show me and correct me to what "God" wants me to believe.

Tell ya what duststorm....if you cannot do this request, please don't hide and run away, but come back and state openly that you can't. In the least it will show you actually attempted to prove your religion to be accurate.

I'll wait.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> We have to go by what Jesus said, and Jesus said in John 5:39:
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Yes, Jesus said to search the Tanakh, the only "Bible" that existed when he said that. He would NOT have wanted people using the words of false prophets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

321 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min PetsayKe 115,664
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChristineM 722,387
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Chess 533,732
Free live show 50 min paulieperth 2
Asian Luxury Massage in Dubai Body To Body Full... 1 hr WendyMassage 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 224,705
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 257,053
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr SSK 448
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••