duststorm

League City, TX

#466869 Oct 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't believe these.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Why not?
You understand that you also are without end.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466870 Oct 1, 2013

Why not?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You understand that you also are without end.
Okay - but it still doesn't answer why you don't believe these texts like you do with the canon.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466871 Oct 1, 2013
Why not?
<quoted text>
Okay - but it still doesn't answer why you don't believe these texts like you do with the canon.
They are not the true scriptures. I'm sorry you've spent so much of your time on the rambling, false material.
I'm always going to err on the side of truth.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466872 Oct 1, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Only God has power to give sight, to take it away, and to restore it.
Jesus is God.
So, you are saying that Elisa is also a god?

#466873 Oct 1, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You posted an opinion that the book of the Revelation dates from the time of Domitian.
The book itself clearly states that it is a prediction of the future.
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
and
Rev. 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
So? You want to take the word of someone who was stoned on magic mushrooms? Every time anyone wrote an apocalypse, they described it as a prediction of the future. It is a characteristic of the genre. Quite a few have been written over the years, none of them mean anything.

#466874 Oct 1, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>They are not the true scriptures. I'm sorry you've spent so much of your time on the rambling, false material.
But the ONLY difference is that what you want to call "true" scripture was voted in by a committee.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#466875 Oct 1, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Only God has power to give sight, to take it away, and to restore it.
Jesus is God.
Now, there's a simple solution for a simple mind. No thought required.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466877 Oct 1, 2013
Why not?
<quoted text>
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>They are not the true scriptures. I'm sorry you've spent so much of your time on the rambling, false material.
You don't have any truth.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466878 Oct 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But the ONLY difference is that what you want to call "true" scripture was voted in by a committee.
We have to go by what Jesus said, and Jesus said in John 5:39:
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466881 Oct 2, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be fooled by the simplicity of it, and don't be tripped up by the "authoritarian" tone of it.
There is such a thing as irrefutable truth. If something is bedrock truth, we should just meditate upon it, and let it percolate down into the innermost part of our being.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466882 Oct 2, 2013
Why not?

duststorm wrote:
They aren't? Oh snap!! Clearly you know which texts are and which are not, otherwise, you wouldn't have stated this.

Please post the passage(s) that states which texts are "true scriptures" and which are not. You can do this, right?

How 'bout something easier. Please post the statement by "God" which clearly has "God" dictating which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

There - you now have two different angles to show me and correct me to what "God" wants me to believe.

Tell ya what duststorm....if you cannot do this request, please don't hide and run away, but come back and state openly that you can't. In the least it will show you actually attempted to prove your religion to be accurate.

I'll wait.

#466884 Oct 2, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> We have to go by what Jesus said, and Jesus said in John 5:39:
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Yes, Jesus said to search the Tanakh, the only "Bible" that existed when he said that. He would NOT have wanted people using the words of false prophets.

#466885 Oct 2, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be fooled by the simplicity of it, and don't be tripped up by the "authoritarian" tone of it.
There is such a thing as irrefutable truth. If something is bedrock truth, we should just meditate upon it, and let it percolate down into the innermost part of our being.
It is irrefutable truth that Jesus was a false god...

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466886 Oct 2, 2013
duststorm wrote:
Jesus is God.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch replied:
<quoted text>
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be fooled by the simplicity of it, and don't be tripped up by the "authoritarian" tone of it.
There is such a thing as irrefutable truth.
And you ainít got it.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> If something is bedrock truth, we should just meditate upon it, and let it percolate down into the innermost part of our being.
You have no such truth; you have a book of lies. I have *read* that book of lies; that is how I know for an immutable FACT that it is a book of lies.

You want simple solutions for your simple mind; you donít want to think, you just want to believe, because itís so much easier. And you want the rest of us to believe as you do so you wonít feel like a lonely fool.
Shaddup

Hurst, TX

#466887 Oct 2, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be fooled by the simplicity of it, and don't be tripped up by the "authoritarian" tone of it.
Evolution!

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#466888 Oct 2, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be fooled by the simplicity of it, and don't be tripped up by the "authoritarian" tone of it.
There is such a thing as irrefutable truth.
Which you haven't got.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> If something is bedrock truth, we should just meditate upon it, and let it percolate down into the innermost part of our being.
You don't have any such truth. All you have is a need to believe in your book of lies.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466889 Oct 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus said to search the Tanakh, the only "Bible" that existed when he said that. He would NOT have wanted people using the words of false prophets.
True.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466890 Oct 2, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
The (Catholic) bible on loosing faith:
By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his only son...
http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-de...
Dearth...hey, Dear--erth. There's a guy here asking about "loosing" faith. Can you pick up?
duststorm

League City, TX

#466891 Oct 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the WHOLE passage IN CONTEXT:
2 Kings 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
6:20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.
Elisha healed the whole host. GoJohn HAD to claim that Jesus healed someone "born" blind, GoJohn was attempting to create a false Messiah out of an itinerant preacher.
God smote all the men of Sodom with blindness as they attempted to beat on Lot's door and break in and commit abomination with the two male messengers. They were not blind from birth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,929
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Oxbow 545,099
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min waaasssuuup 601,430
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Lyndi 174,203
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Tim Osman 118,294
Is it time for Muslim Internment Camps? 19 min Kid_Tomorrow 14
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 23 min Doctor REALITY 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 260,199

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE