“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#466844 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you mean that a group of people who KNEW what the prophecies concerning the Messiah said recognized the fact that Jesus failed to fulfill the prophecies?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus fulfilled the prophecies......
Jesus never existed. He's a myth, based on older myths.

Get an education.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466850 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466851 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
It's still nothing but myth. You just don't want to understand that, do you?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466852 Sep 28, 2013
Where's T-Town? I kinda miss that muddy little fur ball.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466853 Sep 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
It took me a moment to recognize that as the hallucination of John. Too bad for you that it does nothing to help your point...
duststorm

League City, TX

#466854 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It took me a moment to recognize that as the hallucination of John. Too bad for you that it does nothing to help your point...
It is a vision and a prediction of what's to come.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466855 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw...
The author of GoJohn lied.
As I understand it, there is NOT ONE miracle attributed to Jesus that had not been previously ascribed to one of the prophets in the Old Testament.
Oops. Surely you do not think this passage in 2 Kings is a miracle of a healing of one born blind?
2 Kings:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
Liam, the miracle here is that there were guardians on horses and chariots of fire which were unseen to the humans until God opened their spiritual eyes.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466856 Sep 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
All. The answer is: all
But you don't believe these.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Why not?

Albuquerque, NM

#466857 Sep 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Except Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
Actually, the gospels are only attributed to "Mark", "Matthew", and "John".

Luke has been acknowledged as his author, unfortunately, Luke is a third hand source, so it may not be as reliable as the others.

Luke if you read it contextually, is almost verbatim of Mark, as is Matthew, so it is suspicious that is an original story, but just one that was copied.

One could also include that Luke contains many of the GoThomas sayings, so Thomas may also been a source for Luke when he wrote it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466858 Sep 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It is a vision and a prediction of what's to come.
Nope; just an hallucination. Or an outright lie in order to frighten people into submisison, take your pick.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#466859 Sep 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oops. Surely you do not think this passage in 2 Kings is a miracle of a healing of one born blind?
2 Kings:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
Liam, the miracle here is that there were guardians on horses and chariots of fire which were unseen to the humans until God opened their spiritual eyes.
Proof that you do not believe in a god; you believe in your buybull. Your "god" is nothing more than paper and ink.

How pathetic is that?
duke

Elizabethtown, KY

#466860 Sep 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oops. Surely you do not think this passage in 2 Kings is a miracle of a healing of one born blind?
sounds like aliens to me.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#466861 Sep 30, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
John 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
then again it could mean that the dude was just narrow minded and refused to see what was in front of him. until another human said something to him that helped him see things in a different way.

or it could have been conversion disorder.

#466862 Sep 30, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It is a vision and a prediction of what's to come.
It is proof that the isle of Patmos had a good supply of magic mushrooms.

#466863 Sep 30, 2013
duststorm wrote:
Read the WHOLE passage IN CONTEXT:

2 Kings 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
6:20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

Elisha healed the whole host. GoJohn HAD to claim that Jesus healed someone "born" blind, GoJohn was attempting to create a false Messiah out of an itinerant preacher.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466865 Sep 30, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Kings 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
6:20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.
Elisha healed the whole host. GoJohn HAD to claim that Jesus healed someone "born" blind, GoJohn was attempting to create a false Messiah out of an itinerant preacher.
Only God has power to give sight, to take it away, and to restore it.
Jesus is God.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466866 Sep 30, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Elisha healed the whole host.
Where do you get that Elisha healed the whole host? He asked the Lord to open their eyes.
yTube

AOL

#466868 Oct 1, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

duststorm

League City, TX

#466869 Oct 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
You understand that you also are without end.

Albuquerque, NM

#466870 Oct 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Why not?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You understand that you also are without end.
Okay - but it still doesn't answer why you don't believe these texts like you do with the canon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 548,223
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 749,798
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Thinking 229,848
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min AussieBobby 261,595
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 96,064
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 1 hr jemini09 4
MB7-700 Exam practice questions with answers 1 hr passokay123 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 602,101
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search