“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#466832 Sep 27, 2013
I thought gutless humper killed this thread.

#466833 Sep 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was written by men, and does not contain any passages that states which texts are of "God's inspiration".
You can pull a fast one over the gullible, but you won't with me.
Wanna try again?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
(oh good grief & why do i bother?) yes, i'll try again:
why do you refuse to receive the biographies/gospels from the hand-picked eye-witnesses of Christ,
Because they aren't.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> but intstead only receive the subversive attacks against them written by men hundreds to millenia years after Christ?
Because we prefer the truth.

#466834 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you cannot name a single verse where Jesus uttered such a blasphemy, but you are too dishonest to admit that.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, but in my own words "no pearls for you!"
Translation: "I'll *NEVER* admit the truth, god damn you! Never, never, NEVER!!"

#466835 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE!
that's all you get.....:)
Best toilet paper around.

#466836 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
i'm gonna let brother STOMP have at y'all for awhile until you're ready to be more reasonable....
Translation: "Changing socks now."

#466837 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are determined to be totally focused on your navel, your Self, and you read in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance that salvation is going to originate and emanate from within yourself. That is false.
No,*you* are.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466838 Sep 27, 2013
The Bible was written by men, and does not contain any passages that states which texts are of "God's inspiration".
You can pull a fast one over the gullible, but you won't with me.
Wanna try again?
<quoted text>
Diverting from the question will not get you to the answer you seek.
Your response did not answer my question at all.
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
All. The answer is: all
duststorm

League City, TX

#466839 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the gospels were written by eye witnesses.
Except Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466840 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you mean that a group of people who KNEW what the prophecies concerning the Messiah said recognized the fact that Jesus failed to fulfill the prophecies?
Jesus fulfilled the prophecies.
The group of people who knew the prophecies and claimed that Jesus did not fulfill them will be judged harshly during the wrath of the Great Tribulation. They will have to go into the abyss for all time.
mideastNews

AOL

#466841 Sep 27, 2013

Prophetic word given to PM Netanyahu & ISRAEL

#466842 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the gospels were written by eye witnesses.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Except Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
If they were eyewitnesses, why do they all tell a different story?

Don't hurt yourself thinking that one over, dusty. As your pastor says, "It's better not to think at all."
Dr Pepper

United States

#466843 Sep 27, 2013
im a villije odiot slimey spamm trolle and i aint foolin no one i hv anel worts

#466844 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you mean that a group of people who KNEW what the prophecies concerning the Messiah said recognized the fact that Jesus failed to fulfill the prophecies?
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus fulfilled the prophecies......
Jesus never existed. He's a myth, based on older myths.

Get an education.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466850 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

#466851 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
It's still nothing but myth. You just don't want to understand that, do you?

#466852 Sep 28, 2013
Where's T-Town? I kinda miss that muddy little fur ball.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466853 Sep 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
It took me a moment to recognize that as the hallucination of John. Too bad for you that it does nothing to help your point...
duststorm

League City, TX

#466854 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It took me a moment to recognize that as the hallucination of John. Too bad for you that it does nothing to help your point...
It is a vision and a prediction of what's to come.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466855 Sep 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw...
The author of GoJohn lied.
As I understand it, there is NOT ONE miracle attributed to Jesus that had not been previously ascribed to one of the prophets in the Old Testament.
Oops. Surely you do not think this passage in 2 Kings is a miracle of a healing of one born blind?
2 Kings:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
Liam, the miracle here is that there were guardians on horses and chariots of fire which were unseen to the humans until God opened their spiritual eyes.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466856 Sep 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
All. The answer is: all
But you don't believe these.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Why not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min guest 559,315
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Dally Mama 774,919
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Epiphany2 604,955
Moses never existed 40 min KiMare 744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min Rat jeez loaded 119,644
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 1 hr nomoreillegal 625
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web