duststorm

League City, TX

#466753 Sep 25, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
He is the Creator of the world, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Mighty God.
You have not attained the righteousness of Paul. Far from it. Your "righteousness" misses the mark. If you stay on the same track, you will die in your sins. Paul admitted that his salvation was not predicated on his following all the Jewish law, even though he had done a good job of it.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466754 Sep 25, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth of Jesus being "the" Son of God, or even a god himself, was a later addition, not invented until long after Jesus was rotted in his grave.
What do you do about the man born blind whom Jesus healed?
duststorm

League City, TX

#466755 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
"Jesus is the son of God"
Yes - okay. I don't want to see you post that "Jesus is God", okay?
Good - now that is out of the way, why don't you believe Jesus when he says "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"?
Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

To New Age Spiritual Leader: The kingdom of heaven is within me. I am born again. I already am a member of the kingdom of heaven. Jesus dwells within me, and he will never leave me nor forsake me. Yes, we born-agains believe what Jesus said, that the kingdom of heaven is already within us. The Pharisees and others were demanding an earthly kingdom, where Jesus would reign and rule. That will not happen until the millennium, the thousand-year reign of Christ.
They and you cannot see a kingdom within the believers, but it is there. It is invisible to the carnal man.
Jesus continued describing how things will be at the end, and we are at the end right now. The following is the continuation of Jesus' answer to the Pharisees as to when the kingdom would be ushered in.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
VIKING

Union City, NJ

#466756 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The theme underlying The Garden Myth is better understood in the Greek myth of Prometheus.
It isn't a myth, you schizophrenic jackass. It is a historical fact and there's nothing you can do about it, except prevaricate, create canards cherry pick, distort, take out of context, et cetera et cetera, et cetera. This is the reason why you have been banned from 8 forums, and are the laughing stock of this forum. This is the reason why you have to keep changing your avatar your name and your identity. Because you get incessantly banned from wherever you go. Not only are you a perennial loser but you are pathologically insane to boot. Now please hurry up and die so you can spare the world of the pathetic banality of the rest of your putrid life.

MARK 8:16. HE HAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#466757 Sep 26, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a myth, you schizophrenic jackass. It is a historical fact and there's nothing you can do about it, except prevaricate, create canards cherry pick, distort, take out of context, et cetera et cetera, et cetera. This is the reason why you have been banned from 8 forums, and are the laughing stock of this forum. This is the reason why you have to keep changing your avatar your name and your identity. Because you get incessantly banned from wherever you go. Not only are you a perennial loser but you are pathologically insane to boot. Now please hurry up and die so you can spare the world of the pathetic banality of the rest of your putrid life.
MARK 8:16. HE HAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD
"Mark"?

GoMark was written, probably, by an unknown Syrian Christian in about 70CE.

The original story of the magical healer, exorcist, and worker-of-miracles was the foundation of other Gospelite legend.

Incidentally, most scholars agree that the anonymous author's work stops at 16:8: the empty tomb. All else is a later addition.
VIKING

Union City, NJ

#466758 Sep 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Mark"?
The original story of the magical healer, exorcist, and worker-of-miracles was the foundation of other Gospelite legend.
Incidentally, most scholars agree that the anonymous author's work stops at 16:8: the empty tomb. All else is a later addition.
There's just no way you're an Irishman.......... there's just no way Mac. Off to work Mac.......I will address your post later. Have a wonderful Christian day.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466759 Sep 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Mark"?
GoJohn: In the beginning was the Word...all things were made by Him.
He created you and gave you your mind and your ability with language, you ungrateful wretch.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466760 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
No.
"Jesus is the son of God"
Yes - okay. I don't want to see you post that "Jesus is God", okay?
Good - now that is out of the way, why don't you believe Jesus when he says "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"?
JESUS IS GOD!!!

"and the WORD was GOD..."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466761 Sep 26, 2013
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pharisees found no fault in Jesus. It was the Roman High Priest (different religion)and not the Jewish high priest that wanted him done away with cause he was a trouble maker by claiming he was the messiah and would one day be king of the Jews. Do you know what that meant? It means he would be the one to lead the people in throwing out the Romans and getting them off the neck of Israel. Trouble is, he wasn't the messiah cause he did not return to overthrow the Romans. But poor old Paul revamped the whole story and started his own religion, of which you believe.
That's one reason the bible wasn't even conceived till 40 years after the death of Jesus.
hi! "every knee shall bow and tongue confess that JESUS IS LORD/GOD!"

would you like to be one of the smart one's and start now?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466762 Sep 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
There is a claim made, by a single multiply-refuted source, that there were witnesses.
so be it; you may live for eternity without the Saviour/Redeemer:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466763 Sep 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. They were right, IF Jesus ever tried to pretend that he was somehow equal to the God of the Bible, it would have been blasphemy, a sin worthy of stoning.
However, that is not what happened. That was invented later, by the authors who were trying to spread their religion in Rome, so they could not tell the truth and make the Romans look bad. Rather, since the Temple had already been destroyed, making the Jews the scapegoat for the death of Jesus, the authors could suck up to Rome.
so be it; no Redemption for you!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466764 Sep 26, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
To New Age Spiritual Leader: The kingdom of heaven is within me. I am born again. I already am a member of the kingdom of heaven. Jesus dwells within me, and he will never leave me nor forsake me. Yes, we born-agains believe what Jesus said, that the kingdom of heaven is already within us. The Pharisees and others were demanding an earthly kingdom, where Jesus would reign and rule. That will not happen until the millennium, the thousand-year reign of Christ.
They and you cannot see a kingdom within the believers, but it is there. It is invisible to the carnal man.
Jesus continued describing how things will be at the end, and we are at the end right now. The following is the continuation of Jesus' answer to the Pharisees as to when the kingdom would be ushered in.
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
32 Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Are you a "carnal man"?

Albuquerque, NM

#466765 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD!!!
"and the WORD was GOD..."
Please post the passage where Jesus calls himslef "God".

In order for you to do that, please look for something like "I am God", says Jesus.

Okay?

The Borderland of Sol

#466766 Sep 26, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
There's just no way you're an Irishman.......... there's just no way Mac. Off to work Mac.......I will address your post later. Have a wonderful Christian day.
Dunno how you figure that.
Iwas born and raised in West Kerry, starting in 1957.

Have a great rational day.

The Borderland of Sol

#466767 Sep 26, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
GoJohn: In the beginning was the Word...all things were made by Him.
He created you and gave you your mind and your ability with language, you ungrateful wretch.
I'm pretty sure that was a combination of genetics and early environment.

Which language, BTW? I speak several.

The Borderland of Sol

#466768 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so be it; you may live for eternity without the Saviour/Redeemer:)
If geriatric medicine keeps getting better faster than I'm aging, that's a possibility.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466769 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Please post the passage where Jesus calls himslef "God".
In order for you to do that, please look for something like "I am God", says Jesus.
Okay?
okay: THE HOLY BIBLE

now maybe you'll understand it.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466770 Sep 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>If geriatric medicine keeps getting better faster than I'm aging, that's a possibility.
sure - have fun with your corrupting seed of what our bodies are intended to be while us Believers put on a new one fitted for the glories which we're unable to articualte in human words right now:)
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#466771 Sep 26, 2013
Chris Hedges, Christian Right and Rise of American Fascism

All debates with the Christian Right are useless. We cannot reach this movement. It does not want a dialogue. It cares nothing for rational thought and discussion... They hate us. They hate the liberal, enlightened world formed by the Constitution. Our opinions do not count.

This movement will not stop until we are ruled by Biblical Law, an authoritarian church intrudes in every aspect of our life, women stay at home and rear children, gays agree to be cured, abortion is considered murder, the press and the schools promote "positive" Christian values, the federal government is gutted, war becomes our primary form of communication with the rest of the world and recalcitrant non-believers see their flesh eviscerated at the sound of the Messiah's voice.

Albuquerque, NM

#466772 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay: THE HOLY BIBLE
now maybe you'll understand it.....
The Bible was written by men, and does not contain any passages that states which texts are of "God's inspiration".

You can pull a fast one over the gullible, but you won't with me.

Wanna try again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 739,823
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 542,886
finger pointing towards mouth 7 min andet1987 3
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 8 min Bev Jamison 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min mike 601,141
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Clearwater 173,754
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 14 min Bev Jamison 14
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 20 min Azphene 154
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 58 min CunningLinguist 227,696

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••