“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466710 Sep 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, brought the dead back to life and gave sight to the blind.
However, you refuse to believe that Jesus is God the Creator, and by so doing you call Jesus a liar when he stated that he and the Father are one.
So you are admitting that you believe in a liar.
Jesus was NEVER anything more than just another Jewish preacher. You have grossly misunderstood what he said: he felt that he was doing exactly what the God of the Bible intended; that the Jewish people had fallen away from the proper practices of Judaism , and that he had the "one true way".
duststorm

League City, TX

#466711 Sep 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was NEVER anything more than just another Jewish preacher. You have grossly misunderstood what he said: he felt that he was doing exactly what the God of the Bible intended; that the Jewish people had fallen away from the proper practices of Judaism , and that he had the "one true way".
1. You demonstrate that you are sane, by acknowledging the historical figure, Jesus.
2. You demonstrate that you are honest, by reporting what he taught.
3. You also show that you wish to pursue truth and accuracy.
Gut Stomper

Bulls Gap, TN

#466712 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Yes it is. With you being specific in your query, I can answer.
I don't listen to Jesus, but utilize the teachigns that some guy scribed that are attributed to Jesus.
As no one really knows for sure that Jesus lived at all, the teachings associated to him, to me, are valid for use in living my life on a day-to-day basis.
Unfortunately, you are correct in your statement, all the texts we have to "go on" are penned from someone other than Jesus.
So why do you only accept those teachings that man has deemed for you to believe? If you say you believe in all of Jesus, then do it, and stop playing footsie with the pastor.
<quoted text>
Oh, I respect your beliefs everytime you post them. I just think you have nothing but personal opinions to substantiate them. Which ultimately, can be classified as "beliefs of another man".
As for the devil comment above - you are clueless. The "devil" is a construct of man, and like your "God", has never been proven to exist.
You are roaming around in circles of despair, put onto you by other men in despair.
<quoted text>
It is not a lie at all, but based upon facts.
Another error you have in your statement, is that I think "Self" is my god. You are incorrect, yet again. I may promote the ability of an individual to do the things that any religious person can do, without the crutch of that religion. You oppose that, because you can't accept that even what you do here, is directly related to the Self. I'm just wondering why you are so blinded by religion to even understand this basic tenet of life.
Strike one.
<quoted text>
Coorection to you statement:
you wrote: "....believe the Gospels as authentic and accurate from eye witnesses hand-picked by Jesus Himself who died as martyrs so we could have the Truth in all generations"
- Correction:
"....believe the Gospels as authentic and accurate from the selected eye witnesses hand-picked by men in order to convery the story of Jesus...."
- yes waaasssuuup - you forgot the critical point that not all of the original 13 Apostles were used to devise the religion you believe is complete. In fact, there are only less than six of thos original 13 Apostles combined with at least two 3rd generation disciples that make up the NT.
Strike two.
<quoted text>
Again, I am not a rejected pastor or anyone with religious creditials.
You wrote: "i exercise discretion in what i receive as from man vs God on a daily basis"
- which is Self.
Why do you promote the Self in one statement, and then refute that it exists in the next?
You are confused.
Blowhard.
Gut Stomper

Bulls Gap, TN

#466714 Sep 24, 2013
187448 posts out of first place.

You've come a long way from any semblance of relevancy.

The Appalachian populus has spoken. This thread sucks... even among inbreds like yourself.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466715 Sep 24, 2013
callmeRob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have words to express my disrespect for you now.
this may very well be because i have so aptly summarized your theoretical position in one word -'gaytheistic' and it hurts to see it so plainly.....?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466716 Sep 24, 2013
Yes it is. With you being specific in your query, I can answer.
I don't listen to Jesus, but utilize the teachigns that some guy scribed that are attributed to Jesus.
As no one really knows for sure that Jesus lived at all, the teachings associated to him, to me, are valid for use in living my life on a day-to-day basis.
Unfortunately, you are correct in your statement, all the texts we have to "go on" are penned from someone other than Jesus.
So why do you only accept those teachings that man has deemed for you to believe? If you say you believe in all of Jesus, then do it, and stop playing footsie with the pastor.
<quoted text>
Oh, I respect your beliefs everytime you post them. I just think you have nothing but personal opinions to substantiate them. Which ultimately, can be classified as "beliefs of another man".
As for the devil comment above - you are clueless. The "devil" is a construct of man, and like your "God", has never been proven to exist.
You are roaming around in circles of despair, put onto you by other men in despair.
<quoted text>
It is not a lie at all, but based upon facts.
Another error you have in your statement, is that I think "Self" is my god. You are incorrect, yet again. I may promote the ability of an individual to do the things that any religious person can do, without the crutch of that religion. You oppose that, because you can't accept that even what you do here, is directly related to the Self. I'm just wondering why you are so blinded by religion to even understand this basic tenet of life.
Strike one.
<quoted text>
Coorection to you statement:
you wrote: "....believe the Gospels as authentic and accurate from eye witnesses hand-picked by Jesus Himself who died as martyrs so we could have the Truth in all generations"
- Correction:
"....believe the Gospels as authentic and accurate from the selected eye witnesses hand-picked by men in order to convery the story of Jesus...."
- yes waaasssuuup - you forgot the critical point that not all of the original 13 Apostles were used to devise the religion you believe is complete. In fact, there are only less than six of thos original 13 Apostles combined with at least two 3rd generation disciples that make up the NT.
Strike two.
<quoted text>
Again, I am not a rejected pastor or anyone with religious creditials.
You wrote: "i exercise discretion in what i receive as from man vs God on a daily basis"
- which is Self.
Why do you promote the Self in one statement, and then refute that it exists in the next?
You are confused.
you put a lot of thought & work into this, but i can summarize it all in a short sentence:

the seductive & lying spirit in you envys & wants to destroy the Spirit of God in me, just like it did in the serpent to Eve.

not gonna happen. instead of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (aka self) that you're offering me once, i'd like to offer you to eat from the Tree of Life (aka from the Cross of Christ)!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466717 Sep 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
People have always claimed that the Gods of their neighbors were devils. That does not change the fact that you worship a dead human and pretend that he was a god.
and people of the world have always had trouble with those who walk with God.

can we respectfully agree to disagree or won't you be satisfied until all the cains have detroyed all the abels from off the earth?:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466718 Sep 24, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Blowhard.
The intelligence of a so-called "Christian".

Albuquerque, NM

#466719 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you put a lot of thought & work into this, but i can summarize it all in a short sentence:
the seductive & lying spirit in you envys & wants to destroy the Spirit of God in me, just like it did in the serpent to Eve.
not gonna happen. instead of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (aka self) that you're offering me once, i'd like to offer you to eat from the Tree of Life (aka from the Cross of Christ)!
"knowledge of good and evil (aka self)"
- and yet "God" protected Adam and Eve from this tree - because of why? "He" didn't want people to understand themselves?

Are you afraid of knowing your faults, or do you like leaning on others for causing them?

Clueless.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#466721 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
- and yet "God" protected Adam and Eve from this tree - because of why? "He" didn't want people to understand themselves?
Are you afraid of knowing your faults, or do you like leaning on others for causing them?
Clueless.
The theme underlying The Garden Myth is better understood in the Greek myth of Prometheus.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466722 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Clueless.
go away serpent, I've been Redeemed......

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#466723 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
From what, Naked Mole Rat?

Albuquerque, NM

#466724 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I'm a human. Please stop calling me unfounded names.

And no you have not been redeemed, except in your own mind.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466725 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
classic satanic response; "you have not been redeemed" is akin to satan trying to foster doubt in Jesus saying "IF you're the son of god, jump off this building...etc"

you done tangled with the wrong hombre.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466726 Sep 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>From what, Naked Mole Rat?
from the spirit of antichrist which you so adamantly promote!

if you're trying to appease your conscience for not following God like you know you should, you sho-nuff ain't gonna do it by tangling with me!;)
Chess

Columbus, OH

#466727 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
The wily one is everywhere, huh?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#466728 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
from the spirit of antichrist which you so adamantly promote!
if you're trying to appease your conscience for not following God like you know you should, you sho-nuff ain't gonna do it by tangling with me!;)
*SIGH*

No, Grasshopper. You have much to learn.

There may have been a Jesus, but there's no evidence for any "risen Christ".

I cannot possibly be "anti" anything that doesn't exist.

Is that really that hard for you to grasp?

The fact that you're obtuse and obnoxious enough that I don't like YOU has nothing to do with anything.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#466729 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
classic satanic response.....
As are all your posts.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#466730 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
from the spirit of antichrist...
As are all your posts.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466731 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I have a song I love to sing,
Since I have been redeemed,
Of my Redeemer, Savior king,
Since I have been redeemed.
Refrain
I will glory in His name,
I will glory in the Savior痴 name.
I have a Christ who satisfies
To do His will my highest prize,
Refrain
I have a witness bright and clear,
Dispelling every doubt and fear,
Refrain
I have a home prepared for me,
Where I shall dwell eternally,
Refrain
I have a joy I can稚 express,
All through His blood and righteousness,
Refrain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 777,375
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 560,137
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min yon 39,363
Couch Potato Alert 8 min George Blanda 6
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 4,819
End of the word game. (Dec '08) 20 min DesCant 1,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Atheist girl 605,265
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Freebird USA 175,775
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,370
More from around the web