Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide these alleged documents.
shouldn't be hard for you to find yourself, they're found within the #1 seller of all time

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no surviving documents by the Apostle John.
The Gospel of John is anonymous and was ascribed to John over 100 years after John's death. The letters of John are known frauds and Revelation is a completely different John.
Your opinion belongs in the john.
i don't believe your myths or those of your antichrist priests and prophets.....
Gut Stomper

Marshall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Dumbass.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
""John" has not been verified as one of the original Apostles"
LOL! your verifyers are my anticristers;)
And you didn't research your religion enough to understand it enough to tell me otherwise.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And you didn't research your religion enough to understand it enough to tell me otherwise.
i respectfully disagree and exercise my freedom to go in the complete opposite spiritual path of you:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Gut Stomper wrote:
Dumbass.
i know, huh? can you believe these guys, trying to force their ridiculous beliefs down our throats and then getting furiously angry because we won't compromise ours!;)
Gut Stomper

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know, huh? can you believe these guys, trying to force their ridiculous beliefs down our throats and then getting furiously angry because we won't compromise ours!;)
Their idiocy is strangely arousing.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
""John" has not been verified as one of the original Apostles"
LOL! your verifyers are my anticristers;)
John of Patmos was never one of the Twelve -- never claimed to be.

Read you scriptures.

Dummy.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
John of Patmos was never one of the Twelve -- never claimed to be.
Read you scriptures.
Dummy.
john was the brother of james, son of zebedee and 1 of the twelve. he was on the isle of patmos (similar to the penal colony of papion (the steve mcqueen/dustin hoffman movie) "for the testimony of Christ":-)
Chess

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
john was the brother of james, son of zebedee and 1 of the twelve. he was on the isle of patmos (similar to the penal colony of papion (the steve mcqueen/dustin hoffman movie) "for the testimony of Christ":-)
Connecting the author of Revelation to the apostle is merely tradition first claimed in an extant writing by Justin Martyr in the 2nd century. He knew no better that others who thought the author may have been the John the presbyter or someone else.

In short, it is pure wishful thinking, not scriptural. There is nothing in your canon that requires or even suggests the author had any connection to the apostle other than the same name, a very common name in the time (the Apostle John, John the presbyter, John the baptist, John Mark,and so on), and the same silly myth.

On top of that, there are may reasons why he could not have been the apostle.

You really ought to learn your silly myth, goofy.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"John of Patmos is the name given by some modern scholars to the author of the Book of Revelation, the apocalyptic text forming part of the New Testament. The text of Revelation states that the author is called John and that he lives on the Greek island of Patmos, where by some, he is considered to be in exile as a result of anti-Christian persecution under the Roman emperor Domitian. Traditionally, the John who is the author of Revelation is considered to be John the Apostle, author of all the Johannine works, that is the Gospel of John, the first, second, and third epistles of John, as well as Revelation. However, in the case of Revelation, many modern scholars agree that it was written by a separate, otherwise unknown, author, to whom they have given the name John of Patmos." - Wiki.

See the important bit there? "...modern scholars agree that it was written by a separate, otherwise unknown, author, to whom they have given the name John of Patmos."

The book by Henri Charri鑽e is called "Papillon". French for "Butterfly".

They actually didn't eff up the movie much.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Connecting the author of Revelation to the apostle is merely tradition first claimed in an extant writing by Justin Martyr in the 2nd century. He knew no better that others who thought the author may have been the John the presbyter or someone else.
In short, it is pure wishful thinking, not scriptural. There is nothing in your canon that requires or even suggests the author had any connection to the apostle other than the same name, a very common name in the time (the Apostle John, John the presbyter, John the baptist, John Mark,and so on), and the same silly myth.
On top of that, there are may reasons why he could not have been the apostle.
You really ought to learn your silly myth, goofy.
i guess you can consider me with justin martyr then, and know that we will usually always be on the opposite side of you and other scoffers/skeptics:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"John of Patmos is the name given by some modern scholars to the author of the Book of Revelation, the apocalyptic text forming part of the New Testament. The text of Revelation states that the author is called John and that he lives on the Greek island of Patmos, where by some, he is considered to be in exile as a result of anti-Christian persecution under the Roman emperor Domitian. Traditionally, the John who is the author of Revelation is considered to be John the Apostle, author of all the Johannine works, that is the Gospel of John, the first, second, and third epistles of John, as well as Revelation. However, in the case of Revelation, many modern scholars agree that it was written by a separate, otherwise unknown, author, to whom they have given the name John of Patmos." - Wiki.
See the important bit there? "...modern scholars agree that it was written by a separate, otherwise unknown, author, to whom they have given the name John of Patmos."
The book by Henri Charri鑽e is called "Papillon". French for "Butterfly".
They actually didn't eff up the movie much.
most of the time and especially when endorsed by gaytheists, i take 'modern scholars' to mean those who "...noah....so shall it/they be in the end" and "will there be faith on earth when the Son of Man returns?" (Jesus) kinda people. you and chess wouldn't be endorsing them if the weren't!:)
Chess

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you can consider me with justin martyr then, and know that we will usually always be on the opposite side of you and other scoffers/skeptics:)
It's not about scoffing or skepticism. Your myth does not support your claim; indeed, even within your myth there are reasons to question this late tradition.

It is about you wanting it to be so because it is what you were taught -- taught with no canonical support.

Seems you are the scoffer in this case, dummy.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about scoffing or skepticism. Your myth does not support your claim; indeed, even within your myth there are reasons to question this late tradition.
It is about you wanting it to be so because it is what you were taught -- taught with no canonical support.
Seems you are the scoffer in this case, dummy.
"It's not about scoffing.....Your myth...."

LOL!

you'll have your day in court to tell it to the Judge!

Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's not about scoffing.....Your myth...."
LOL!
you'll have your day in court to tell it to the Judge!
You're fooling yourself, fool.

Pointing out that the scriptures of your myth do not credit the Apostle John with writing Revelation does not require belief or disbelief in your myth.

It's a simple fact that you seem to have been unaware of.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
most of the time and especially when endorsed by gaytheists, i take 'modern scholars' to mean those who "...noah....so shall it/they be in the end" and "will there be faith on earth when the Son of Man returns?" (Jesus) kinda people. you and chess wouldn't be endorsing them if the weren't!:)
Pardon?

You do realize that that's completely incomprehensible, right?

I mean, read it yourself. It's gibberish.

Youse funny.
DOCTOR Reality

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pardon?

You do realize that that's completely incomprehensible, right?

I mean, read it yourself. It's gibberish.

Youse funny.
Good, I'm not the only one who couldn't decipher his bull dookie.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to make stuff up and claim it is "God's Word."

The entire Bible is anonymous except for a couple of Paul's letters and no one knows who John of Patmos was.

Your religion is a pack of lies. THAT is why we don't believe it.
When you clowns stop lying, maybe you can convince us of something other than a fantasy world you create from whole cloth..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
... i take 'modern scholars' to mean ....
You just called a few million Christian theologians and church leaders a bunch of liars.

You have no idea what a "modern scholar" means.

The majority of Anglican Bishops declared that Jesus is not God and that the Bible is not the perfect word of God.

Your cult is a minority in Christianity. Fortunately it is dying out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

580 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min curiouslu 720,439
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min seriously the original 5,226
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min An NFL Fan 115,028
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 256,435
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Mi Lin 532,518
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min Pacha Thamizhan 4,574
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,293
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••