Why I’m no longer a Christian

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466819 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
brother Stomp, can you please field this question for me and give this guy the kind of answer he deserves?
thank you!:-)
Diversion.

What are you afraid of with answering it truthfully?

Or is it that you need to be dishonest and avoid answering it with truth altogether?

*sighs*

I understand your dismay. There isn't any statement by "God", but plenty by men.

Sad that humans have to believe men over "God", huh? And you being one of them, you just can't fathom being truthful about it, because it causes your belief to fail you.

Bummer for you.

Psst - the dismay won't last long, as long as you don't let it.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466820 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood that you were portraying yourself as a Jew. Is that not correct?
That is not correct. I have never claimed to be Jewish.

#466821 Sep 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet their calendar says its the 23rd of Tishrei, 5774. And they claim they have been counting since creation. Go figger.
Not surprising, since belief in the myth greatly predates understanding of reality.

#466822 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>John 9, Jesus is speaking to the recently blind man who had just been cast out by the Jews:
34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Once again, Jesus did NOT say that he was a god in that passage. What "John" wrote was a claim to be a Son of God. Big woop. Any and every observant male Jew is a Son of God.

The author of the gospel called John was the last of the gospel writers, and he wrote more than 60 years after Jesus died, possibly as late as a century after the "fact". There are numerous errors in the text. As such, it was not written by anyone who actually knew Jesus, nor had he been a Jew before writing it.

GoJohn was written as a religious tractate, NOT a historical record of events.

#466823 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
John 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
More to the point, there is no evidence that such an event ever actually took place.

#466824 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
(oh good grief & why do i bother?) yes, i'll try again:
why do you refuse to receive the biographies/gospels from the hand-picked eye-witnesses of Christ, but intstead only receive the subversive attacks against them written by men hundreds to millenia years after Christ?
None of the gospels were written by eye witnesses.

#466825 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
John 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw...

The author of GoJohn lied.

As I understand it, there is NOT ONE miracle attributed to Jesus that had not been previously ascribed to one of the prophets in the Old Testament.

#466826 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE!
that's all you get.....:)
Because you KNOW that you cannot find any such verse, but are not willing to admit that.

#466827 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Coffman's Commentary suggests that these were Jewish leaders, Jewish judges. The occupied the best seats in the synagogue, yet they rejected Christ the Messiah.
Gee, you mean that a group of people who KNEW what the prophecies concerning the Messiah said recognized the fact that Jesus failed to fulfill the prophecies?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#466828 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE!
Thanks once again for proving that your religion is one of ignorance and deceit.

"Praise Satan!" - AssUp

“"None shall pass"”

There

#466829 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Coffman's Commentary suggests that these were Jewish leaders, Jewish judges. The occupied the best seats in the synagogue, yet they rejected Christ the Messiah.
Psalms was written 1000 years before Jesus was even born.

Coffman is a liar and you are a moron for believing him.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#466830 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I can't say as I blame you for attempting to insinuate yourself into the family of God.....
No insinuation at all.

YOUR Bible says it plainly!

Maybe you should read it someday instead of babbling bullshit on Topix.

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#466831 Sep 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
The Bible was written by men, and does not contain any passages that states which texts are of "God's inspiration".
You can pull a fast one over the gullible, but you won't with me.
Wanna try again?
<quoted text>
Diverting from the question will not get you to the answer you seek.
Your response did not answer my question at all.
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
brother Stomp, can you please field this question for me and give this guy the kind of answer he deserves?
thank you!:-)
Translation: "I am *so* sick of people wanting me to think and answer their questions. I need gutless humper to do my dirty work for me."

#466832 Sep 27, 2013
I thought gutless humper killed this thread.

#466833 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
The Bible was written by men, and does not contain any passages that states which texts are of "God's inspiration".
Wanna try again?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
(oh good grief & why do i bother?) yes, i'll try again:
why do you refuse to receive the biographies/gospels from the hand-picked eye-witnesses of Christ,
Because they aren't.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> but intstead only receive the subversive attacks against them written by men hundreds to millenia years after Christ?
Because we prefer the truth.

#466834 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you cannot name a single verse where Jesus uttered such a blasphemy, but you are too dishonest to admit that.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, but in my own words "no pearls for you!"
Translation: "I'll *NEVER* admit the truth, god damn you! Never, never, NEVER!!"

#466835 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE!
Best toilet paper around.

#466836 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
i'm gonna let brother STOMP have at y'all for awhile until you're ready to be more reasonable....
Translation: "Changing socks now."

#466837 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are determined to be totally focused on your navel, your Self, and you read in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance that salvation is going to originate and emanate from within yourself. That is false.
No,*you* are.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466838 Sep 27, 2013
Wanna try again?
<quoted text>
Diverting from the question will not get you to the answer you seek.
Your response did not answer my question at all.
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
All. The answer is: all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Neville Thompson 272,889
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min MrAnderson9 879,197
Prove there's a god. 14 min abdelilahfb 1
Dylann Roof ultimately to blame for newscaster ... 22 min Doctor REALITY 2
5 Ways to improve your marriage daily 45 min abdelilahfb 1
The Christian Atheist debate 58 min feces for jesus 3,850
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 8,063
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liam 603,258
More from around the web