Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#467460 Nov 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Doin' pretty well. Had a bad fall and ripped the tendons and ligaments in the knee on which I had surgery. It's a setback, though a fairly minor one. I didn't damage the hardware of the new knee. I really thought I'd ruined it when I first fell. Spent half a day at the ER to get the good news that I hadn't. Well worth the time!
How's about you?
maybe you should subscribe to the medical alert notification necklace - you know the one they advertise with the "i've fallen and i can't get up" campaign....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467461 Nov 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Practicing up for your Nazi White Supremacist meeting?
i'm not a white supremist, but i'm also not subordinate to minority supremacist's, which makes me a very rare bird these days;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467462 Nov 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>The Redeemer Alcides was born of the virgin Alcmene 1280 BC.Alcides was exhibited in a manger, just as Jesus would be in Christianity.
Inscriptions in the country of the Gauls read a familiar record too.'The Chaste virgin and her son The Son of God'. Also inscribed on ancient Gaul stele was 'He who hath ears to hear, let him hear'. These were Pagans, wassie. Their writings precede Christianity. Kinda does make you think that just maybe your Bible story was stolen from other societies, doesn't it? Of course you will not see it, but I just thought I'd bring a little enlightenment your way.
i think your belief system is indicative to who you are and hope that it brings you to where you belong!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467463 Nov 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Jesus of the Bible and of Galilee was born of a virgin.
<quoted text>
I keep forcing the buybullbots to think by showing them the same thing you just mentioned; they don't care. They childishly want their jeebus, and they demand that *we* accept it.
"I keep forcing the buybullbots..."

yes kait, IT IS YOU who's doing the forcing of your beliefs down others throats, not me

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#467464 Nov 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we gotta go with what works for us, mac.
no hard feelings on my end; how about on yours?:)
I'll tolerate you, Wassie, because that's my nature.

I doubt I'll ever like you.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#467465 Nov 7, 2013
I had a strange experience in being an organist in the local Episcopal church for many years, then time took its' toll with a poor choir and an amateur conductor. So, I resigned the position after many years and then it might be a good thing to become a member of the church. Then reality hit - I didn't really care to be a member and the senior Priest had a fit when I told him that my High School major was Latin (for college requirement) and the wonderful teacher told us many stories of the Roman Gods, rituals, etc. So, there is a "man of faith' in a small little town and before that he and his wife were on the Pacific island of Guam. Does that say anything about his high minded profession?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#467466 Nov 7, 2013
Braveheart: Exactly!! Religion is all man-made and this notion that if you are a Christian, you go to HELL and burn FOREVER!!!!!
Now isn't that sort of 'scaring the Hell out of little kids, or dumb-bell older people?'

I'm so glad that I left the membership of a local church.

There is a great book available entitled "The Christian Myth". It tells it like it is.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467467 Nov 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tolerate you, Wassie, because that's my nature.
I doubt I'll ever like you.
well tolerating me/us is better than crucifying, beheading or feeding us to lions...so....i'll take it!:)
BibleVerse

Marietta, GA

#467468 Nov 7, 2013

ISRAEL's foretold "TIME" ---ready for ANTICHRIST

http://youtu.be/OOyh7-GBuFU

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467469 Nov 7, 2013
1212fell wrote:
Braveheart: Exactly!! Religion is all man-made and this notion that if you are a Christian, you go to HELL and burn FOREVER!!!!!
Now isn't that sort of 'scaring the Hell out of little kids, or dumb-bell older people?'
There is a great book available entitled "The Christian Myth". It tells it like it is.
you're making the classic fatal mistake of looking at christianity through your experience with people and/or an institution.

the only perfect example of Christianity is Christ Himself. in the the OT law, the priest had to 'examine the lamb for flaws' and similarly we are to examine the life and words of the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" and you'd be hard-pressed to find fault in Him:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467470 Nov 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well tolerating me/us is better than crucifying, beheading or feeding us to lions...so....i'll take it!:)
I'd ratehr feed you to the lions, it seems like it would be more exciting to watch than read your posts.

;o)

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#467471 Nov 7, 2013
1212fell wrote:
There is also the book The Mythmaker by Hyam Maccoby which shows you verse by verse where Paul completely created the Christian religion against Peter and James(Jesus` brother). They led the Nazarine movement after the death of Jesus. He just couldn't cut it so he went out and preached that the old testament and the torah was dead. He also preached for everyone to accept their place in life, even slavery, and not fight for their freedom, their freedom would come in an afterlife. The Romans loved that idea and adopted it for that reason.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467472 Nov 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd ratehr feed you to the lions, it seems like it would be more exciting to watch than read your posts.
;o)
WOA!!! i guess there's no question that you're a roman catholic indeed, now is there?!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467473 Nov 7, 2013
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also the book The Mythmaker by Hyam Maccoby which shows you verse by verse where Paul completely created the Christian religion against Peter and James(Jesus` brother). They led the Nazarine movement after the death of Jesus. He just couldn't cut it so he went out and preached that the old testament and the torah was dead. He also preached for everyone to accept their place in life, even slavery, and not fight for their freedom, their freedom would come in an afterlife. The Romans loved that idea and adopted it for that reason.
YOU'RE THE ANTICHRIST/ROMAN in the story, unless you repent and become born-again!

Albuquerque, NM

#467474 Nov 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
WOA!!! i guess there's no question that you're a roman catholic indeed, now is there?!
Wrong again, I just like envisioning so-called "Christians" being mauled by ferocious animals and wonder why they even got themselves into that position to begin with.

It would add excitement to any day.

Look out behind you!! Here comes Mustafa now!!

ROOOOOOAAAAARRRR!!

Albuquerque, NM

#467475 Nov 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE THE ANTICHRIST/ROMAN in the story, unless you repent and become born-again!
Wait a minute - I thought you said I was the "Anti-Christ".

C'mon now waassssuuupp, you can't just go changing around who gets that title, by just a whim.

Is it this poster or me?

I personally disagree with any proclamations you make, because in truth, you ain't got shite in evidence to say such nonsense to begin with.

Why do you have to call people unfounded names?

Does it give you a rise to be this obnoxious?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467476 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong again, I just like envisioning so-called "Christians" being mauled by ferocious animals and wonder why they even got themselves into that position to begin with.
It would add excitement to any day.
Look out behind you!! Here comes Mustafa now!!
ROOOOOOAAAAARRRR!!
yeah....envisioning people being mauled by beast who who won't subject themselves to the spirit of 'new age' is exactly what you're a leader of;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#467477 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Wait a minute - I thought you said I was the "Anti-Christ".
C'mon now waassssuuupp, you can't just go changing around who gets that title, by just a whim.
Is it this poster or me?
I personally disagree with any proclamations you make, because in truth, you ain't got shite in evidence to say such nonsense to begin with.
Why do you have to call people unfounded names?
Does it give you a rise to be this obnoxious?
everyone who isn't of the spirit of Christ is of the spirit of antichrist! happy now?;)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#467478 Nov 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Durned if I can quite figure that out.
I'm a xenophile, myself.
You're afraid of women in leather armed with swords?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#467480 Nov 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>Your jesus is a rip-off of older myths.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're entitlted to your beliefs
It's not a belief, it's a fact. I've already proven it to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Tellthetruth 988,615
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Tellthetruth 37,310
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 1 hr Johnny 18
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,554
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 24
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,931
More from around the web