Why I’m no longer a Christian

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466451 Sep 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
more proof that you never understood the true meaning of the Church/Body of Christ:)
No it isn't. It is proof that I chose to do what I did and no "God" was involved.

One would think that if "God" wants to save me, "He" would express it a little buit more PERSONAL, don't you think.

Afterall, your relationship with "God" is "personal", so why can't one with me, be the same?

I think you are just uninformed on who "God" is.

BTW - since the so-called "Church" has not been fully defined, especially if we were to compare your version to the Catholics, yours is lacking definition.

Please state the "true meaning of the Church" - if you can, and I will answer accordingly - to whether I am a member or not. Because I know you can't choose my place within this organization.

I'll wait.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466452 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It is proof that I chose to do what I did and no "God" was involved.
One would think that if "God" wants to save me, "He" would express it a little buit more PERSONAL, don't you think.
Afterall, your relationship with "God" is "personal", so why can't one with me, be the same?
BTW - since the so-called "Church" has not been fully defined, especially if we were to compare your version to the Catholics, yours is lacking definition.
Please state the "true meaning of the Church" - if you can, and I will answer accordingly - to whether I am a member or not. Because I know you can't choose my place within this organization.
I'll wait.
lol!

1st - how much more personal should God be to a creation that has corporately rebelled against and rejected Him, then to come as a human and take the punishment that we deserved???

2nd - how much more clear can i be than to say that the Church is the literal Body of Christ on earth???

it's up to each one of us individually to ask, knock and seek through the revealed Word of God who/what the Church/Body of Christ is and if we're trully a part of it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466453 Sep 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This is the ignorance of Christianity.
rather - you're demonstrating the blind bigotry of antichrist's and calling it 'intellectualism'......

Albuquerque, NM

#466454 Sep 4, 2013

I'll wait.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
1st - how much more personal should God be to a creation that has corporately rebelled against and rejected Him, then to come as a human and take the punishment that we deserved???
Posing questions to mine, will not get you to the correct answer.

But - like always - you refuse to answer, so you can divert.

So sound like the Catholics.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd - how much more clear can i be than to say that the Church is the literal Body of Christ on earth???
Only once. And I caught your statement with no problem, but it only explains your version.

Catholics do not see it this way - as they think their church is the only "Church". Either you are wrong, they are wrong, or you both are wrong.

Which is the correct definition?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's up to each one of us individually to ask, knock and seek through the revealed Word of God who/what the Church/Body of Christ is and if we're trully a part of it.
Self.

But you refuse to do this, so in a nutshell, you are not part of the so-called "Church".

Thansk for providing more information that allows us to conclude that.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466455 Sep 4, 2013
I'll wait.
<quoted text>
Posing questions to mine, will not get you to the correct answer.
But - like always - you refuse to answer, so you can divert.
So sound like the Catholics.
<quoted text>
Only once. And I caught your statement with no problem, but it only explains your version.
Catholics do not see it this way - as they think their church is the only "Church". Either you are wrong, they are wrong, or you both are wrong.
Which is the correct definition?
<quoted text>
Self.
But you refuse to do this, so in a nutshell, you are not part of the so-called "Church".
Thansk for providing more information that allows us to conclude that.
like i said dear friend, unless/until you ask and receive from God for yourself, you shouldn't trust anyone for these answers!

"ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened onto you" and "if you will(desire) to do the will of God, then you shall know of the doctrine..." Jesus The Christ
finalprophecies

AOL

#466456 Sep 4, 2013

ANTICHRIST... on world stage --

Albuquerque, NM

#466457 Sep 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
like i said dear friend, unless/until you ask and receive from God for yourself, you shouldn't trust anyone for these answers!
"ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened onto you" and "if you will(desire) to do the will of God, then you shall know of the doctrine..." Jesus The Christ
Oh, I see. It is alright for you to accept texts and words from men, but for others, you can't seem to accept what they have to say.

Gotcha.
Gut Smasher

Greenville, SC

#466458 Sep 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that as a fear of scholarship.
Now, feel free to back up your claim or admit you're a liar for Jesus.
Watch this...
Hey, Chess, spell "four".

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#466460 Sep 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
rather - you're demonstrating the blind bigotry of antichrist's and calling it 'intellectualism'......
It's called scholarship, fool.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#466461 Sep 4, 2013
Gut Smasher wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch this...
Hey, Chess, spell "four".
Why?

You need help?
1stHALFofTRIB

AOL

#466462 Sep 5, 2013

BIBLE's "Silence in Heaven" ID's RAPTURE timing --

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466463 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. It is alright for you to accept texts and words from men, but for others, you can't seem to accept what they have to say.
Gotcha.
yeah -kind of:)

we can encourage and lead others to the Light, but we can't MAKE anyone see or experience It/Him;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466464 Sep 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called scholarship, fool.
oh - so you're very wise and scholarly.....thanks for letting me know cuz it's not very apparent on it's own merit;)
freedom rings

Fort Wayne, IN

#466466 Sep 5, 2013
I was at a local bank cashing a donation check. An older man came into the bank and came up to one of two of the tellers and started reading to her from some preprinted bible verse cards. A car pulled up to the drive thru window so she excused herself to take care of the customer.

This man then tried to read them to me. I said "excuse me, but I am conducting business" and turned back to the teller.

this man then tried to read it to the teller who was counting back my cash.

I turned to him and said "excuse me, but the teller is trying to conduct business, could you please not read this while she is counting my money" I then turned back to the teller. This man got snippy with me and started accusing me of being a satan lover.

I explained to him that when tellers are working, it isn't polite to try and shove his beliefs down their throat, as accuracy is a big part of their business.

Then I said, "even IF I were a satan lover, I would have more sense than to try and shove my beliefs down someone's throat in a business setting" and if he didn't understand it wasn't a proper place for his bible thumping, that was his problem.

He left in a huff. The tellers smiled and thanked me. They said they have to listen to him because he is a local customer. He comes into the bank everyday and does this, the bank manager won't do anything about it, because he is afraid to offend him..........

so he lets this man offend customers........:(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466467 Sep 5, 2013
freedom rings wrote:
I was at a local bank cashing a donation check. An older man came into the bank and came up to one of two of the tellers and started reading to her from some preprinted bible verse cards. A car pulled up to the drive thru window so she excused herself to take care of the customer.
This man then tried to read them to me. I said "excuse me, but I am conducting business" and turned back to the teller.
this man then tried to read it to the teller who was counting back my cash.
I turned to him and said "excuse me, but the teller is trying to conduct business, could you please not read this while she is counting my money" I then turned back to the teller. This man got snippy with me and started accusing me of being a satan lover.
I explained to him that when tellers are working, it isn't polite to try and shove his beliefs down their throat, as accuracy is a big part of their business.
Then I said, "even IF I were a satan lover, I would have more sense than to try and shove my beliefs down someone's throat in a business setting" and if he didn't understand it wasn't a proper place for his bible thumping, that was his problem.
He left in a huff. The tellers smiled and thanked me. They said they have to listen to him because he is a local customer. He comes into the bank everyday and does this, the bank manager won't do anything about it, because he is afraid to offend him..........
so he lets this man offend customers........:(
umm....excuse me, but i don't need you to force your anti-bible propoganda down my throat, regardless of the loose cannon bible quoter you experienced today or not!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, SIR!

Albuquerque, NM

#466468 Sep 5, 2013

Gotcha.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah -kind of:)
we can encourage and lead others to the Light, but we can't MAKE anyone see or experience It/Him;)
Is that a...a....spark of honesty? I think it was.....*smiles*....

:o)

Dig a little deeper into that thought, and you will better understand my posts.
finalprophecies

AOL

#466469 Sep 5, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage --

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#466470 Sep 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....excuse me, but i don't need you to force your anti-bible propoganda down my throat, regardless of the loose cannon bible quoter you experienced today or not!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, SIR!
But you DO feel a need to force your own pro-bible propagandadown the throats of others.

You're srange.

Albuquerque, NM

#466472 Sep 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Laughing about others shows how serious of a religious person you are.

Do you always mock others for their beliefs?

You shouldn't, that shows pride, arrogance, and other qualities "God" probably doesn't approve of, according to your religion.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>1st - how much more personal should God be to a creation that has corporately rebelled against and rejected Him, then to come as a human and take the punishment that we deserved???
So you are saying "God" has free will?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>2nd - how much more clear can i be than to say that the Church is the literal Body of Christ on earth???
The "literal Body of Christ on Earth"
- Interesting choice of words, let's break them down....
"literal" - the definition is the most appropriate:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/litera...
lit·er·al
[lit-er-uhl]
adjective
in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical: the literal meaning of a word.
following the words of the original very closely and exactly: a literal translation of Goethe.
true to fact; not exaggerated; actual or factual: a literal description of conditions.
being actually such, without exaggeration or inaccuracy: the literal extermination of a city.
(of persons) tending to construe words in the strict sense or in an unimaginative way; matter-of-fact; prosaic.

- Nope that doesn't work, because of two reasons:
a. The body of Jesus has never been found,
b. and according to Christianity, Jesus "rose in bodily form".
- Thus, a "literal body of Christ on Earth" is actually a far stretch from reality and your religion.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>it's up to each one of us individually to ask, knock and seek through the revealed Word of God who/what the Church/Body of Christ is and if we're trully a part of it.
Ah yes - the Self aspect. Imagine that, everything seems to come to this point over and over again.

Sounds like you are a "heretic", just like me no longer a "Christian".

I'd like to see if you can do anything without Self. That would be a neat trick, and it can make you a "God-star".

You are quite deluded by an illusion of another man's making.

Albuquerque, NM

#466473 Sep 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 56,163
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min truth 650,554
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min bad bob 182,967
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 34 min Mike 383
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 56 min andet1987 2,348
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Johnny 511
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Hangman 971,867
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web