Why I’m no longer a Christian
duststorm

League City, TX

#466782 Sep 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure that was a combination of genetics and early environment.
Which language, BTW? I speak several.
The author of the genetic code gave you the gifts of those languages. He ordained where you would be born and created your early family environment.
BTW, I feel as though I am explaining the order of the universe to a second-grader.
Are you saying that you have never heard of any of this?
duststorm

League City, TX

#466783 Sep 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish tron holds that the world was created by the God of the Bible reciting the whole of the Torah.- THAT was the "word" that was at the beginning. Jesus, on the other hand,was BORN to Mary and Joseph, somewhere around 9 - 4 BCE, a long time AFTER the creation.
Of course, that is treating the Genesis myths as if they were real events, which as we all know, they were not. The world was created by the accumulation of cosmic dust, about 4.5 billion years ago.
What kind of a Jew does not believe the story of creation as set forth by Moses in the book of Genesis??

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466784 Sep 26, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the only one in the history of the world who has healed someone blind from birth.
According to your myth, maybe. Other myths talk of other great healers. More to the point, there is no evidence that such a healing ever really took place.

#466785 Sep 26, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Translations
10.Mark 15:2
And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto them, Thou sayest it.
"King of the Jews" would have been the Messiah. Jesus may have thought that he was the Messiah, even though we know now that he was not. But the Messiah is NOT the God of the Bible, he will be a man. Suggesting otherwise is blasphemy.

#466786 Sep 26, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of a Jew does not believe the story of creation as set forth by Moses in the book of Genesis??
Jews value education, thus they know the facts about things like the actual age of the Earth (about 4.5 billion years) and other things, like the fact that ALL of the scientific evidence supports the theory of evolution, and there is NO evidence that contradicts it.

Then too, the fact that the myth of Noah and the flood contradicts ITSELF is a good indication that it is meant to be taken as allegory rather than history.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466787 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews value education, thus they know the facts about things like the actual age of the Earth (about 4.5 billion years) and other things, like the fact that ALL of the scientific evidence supports the theory of evolution, and there is NO evidence that contradicts it.
Then too, the fact that the myth of Noah and the flood contradicts ITSELF is a good indication that it is meant to be taken as allegory rather than history.
I understood that you were portraying yourself as a Jew. Is that not correct?
Gut Stomper

United States

#466788 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet their calendar says its the 23rd of Tishrei, 5774. And they claim they have been counting since creation. Go figger.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#466789 Sep 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi! "every knee shall bow and tongue confess that JESUS IS LORD/GOD!"
would you like to be one of the smart one's and start now?:-)
Please show a single verse in the entire Bible where Jesus actually says "I am God."

"Lie for Jesus!" - AssUp

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466790 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>We are all "carnal man" as long as we live in this body on this earth.
Those of us who are born again have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, and he will never leave us.
Romans 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
That's not what you originally stated.

Albuquerque, NM

#466791 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Translations
10.Mark 15:2
And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto them, Thou sayest it.
What? No actual statement by Jesus?

I asked for a specific statement made by Jesus. You can provide this, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#466792 Sep 27, 2013
BTW duststorm - "The King of the Jews" is not the same as "I am God".

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

#466793 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of a Jew does not believe the story of creation as set forth by Moses in the book of Genesis??
Many - especially those that actually did research on the subject.

Don't be so gullible that all Jewish folks believe texts written by men.

They aren't like the "ex-Christians" who actually did.

Albuquerque, NM

#466794 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"King of the Jews" would have been the Messiah. Jesus may have thought that he was the Messiah, even though we know now that he was not. But the Messiah is NOT the God of the Bible, he will be a man. Suggesting otherwise is blasphemy.
Thanks Liam for adding these important points.

Why do so-called "Christians" refuse to understand the semantics associated to their belief?

Oh yeah, that's right, it shows and proves that their belief is of false origin.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#466795 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
Almost all of them consider it a myth.

You should talk to a Jew or tow someday.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#466796 Sep 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!

Claiming to be a Messiah in Judaism is not blasphemy. Never has been. That fact alone proves that the Gospel of John (at least) is a pagan fraud.
Shaddup

United States

#466797 Sep 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet their calendar says its the 23rd of Tishrei, 5774. And they claim they have been counting since creation. Go figger.
Tradition, numbnutz.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466798 Sep 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post the passage where Jesus calls himslef "God".
In order for you to do that, please look for something like "I am God", says Jesus.
Okay?
John 9, Jesus is speaking to the recently blind man who had just been cast out by the Jews:
34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466799 Sep 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you originally stated.
Does this help:
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#466800 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Does this help:
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
All that shows is that according to John , Jesus was schizophrenic or drunk a lot of the time.

What a bunch of babbling nonsense!

"I am a cat and ye are the fur. He that scratches my back will not get his eyes scratched out but will gently purr with me." -

“"None shall pass"”

There

#466801 Sep 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>John 9, Jesus is speaking to the recently blind man who had just been cast out by the Jews:
34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
We are ALL Sons of God. Psalm 82 said so.

Try again, Dustbunny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min Catcher1 101,231
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,552
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,310
hurricane hyjinks by yin katz 6 hr yin katz 4
lsexting 7 hr splashshane 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 91
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr btcmacroecon 286,473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr Joe Fortuna 980,324
More from around the web