Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
I've been Catholic my entire life, I went to a Catholic primary school and my family are all Christians. I'm homosexual. Now the main reason I am no longer Christian is because I believe it is a very un accepting, conservative religion that refuses to see it's contradictions and admit that some of its beliefs should be studied. People disagree with me and say that anyone can be a Christian, the church accepts anyone, but when I was just 19 and came out to the community, the church were the only people to disallow it. I remember one year after the Good Friday service and the Deacon walked up to me and told me "God will cure you if you have faith". I didn't see this as very accepting, I felt as if everyone thought I was a bad person, he made it sound like a had some sort of disease. But with approxiamtely 10% of the population being homosexual and 15% bisexual, it can't be seen as something abnormal any longer. It may teach in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong, but the Bible is over 1000 years old, they were written at the time when people still had slaves.

If God is so loving then why did he choose for me to be something he hates? No, I was not born to be selibate my whole life, the truth is God didn't make me gay, I was just chance, it's just like being born with blonde hair when your parents have brunette or smaller feet than everyone else. I understand it's different, but it's still normal, I'm the tenth baby.

So Pope Francis has been preaching recently that Jesus loves everybody but why can't I be who I was born to be? Why can't I settle down like everyone else, surely Jesus is so kind as to understand that homosexuals can still be kind people. We are the most accepting community in the world, we understand that everyone a little bit strange but deep down, we all just want to be accepted, we want to live a life that doesn't involve wondering whether people are staring when you hold your partner's hand when you're walking down the street. And if Christianity changed to let millions more of the world know that they too are one with God the world would be a better place.

Now that's the reason I am no longer Christian, it's because of the mindset that someone else's lifestyle has an effect on yours. But it doesn't, it comes down to whether you are a loving person who is willing to love everybody.
It's not a disease. There is nothing wrong with you. Kudos for having the courage to leave and keep on giving love. In the end, that's all that matters. I accept you and many others will too you'll find. The evil rule of power hungry religion is coming to an end.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

NoStress4me wrote:
Yes, My Grandfather was a Catholic American. Dusty has already given me the quick overview on how Catholics are not Christians....please tell me that this discussion is not going to follow the same path down into no mans land......;)
My grandfather was a Catholic German Stasi Soldier, one of Hitler's bodyguards, my grandmother was his abused wife. I'm out of this discussion with all due respect. Sorry your grandpa was lied to.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Soldiers are lied to. My mother thought the Vatican and Hitler were both right in what they were doing to their Jewish competition. If you don't wish to be lazy search for the truth yourself. Or hire an assistant. I have no investment in any argument about anything anymore.
Ouch...They funded but pulled back early:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...

You should know by now that I wish no ill will, not sure where (perhaps personal perception) the negative tone I am reading is coming from?

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Remember the words of your jesus: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words pre-dated Jesus (if he actually existed) by some 1500 years and appear in Exodus.
I know.

Waaasssuuup claims that the bible is the inerrant word of god, and he also claims that jesus is god. Therefore, according to his warped reasoning, jesus claimed some 1500 years before he was born that all "witches" must be killed.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

They did it in the names of jesus and mohammed.
You would be happy to kill for your jesus, wouldn't you? I know you'd like to burn me at the stake, because I keep rubbing your nose in something that you hate above all else--THE TRUTH.
<quoted text>
It's the truth, and you know it.
<quoted text>
No you don't; you get offensive. Your problem is, you refuse to see it that way. You have the maturity of a spoiled six-year-old.
<quoted text>
From one of your older posts: "STOP RESISTING ME!!!" Those are the words of a rapist. That was something else people like you used to do to people like me before burning us alive. Remember the words of your jesus: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know what to say to unreasonable people other than sheeesh.....:-(
You know damn well I'm right. Thanks for showing the class once again how much you hate the truth, and how you can't deal with it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded? Jesus wasn't a nazi, I'd never date a nazi.
He's beyond retarded; he's in a private little world all his own.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather was a Catholic German Stasi Soldier, one of Hitler's bodyguards, my grandmother was his abused wife. I'm out of this discussion with all due respect. Sorry your grandpa was lied to.
I am at a loss, not sure what you are saying and I am honestly not trying to instigate here. My Grandfather was a flight Doctor and an allied troop member for the U.S. military against Hitler.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded? Jesus wasn't a nazi, I'd never date a nazi.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know this is almost impossible for the bitter and deceived to do, but allow me to help you connect the dots:
This oughtta be good.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>you said "nazis were christians"
the word christian means 'follower of Christ'
therefore, YOU'RE claiming that Christ lead hitler and the nazi's to be murdering and genocidal fascists!
HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!

Yup! He tied his hair back in a pony tail and stuffed it under a German army helmet, painted on his little paintbrush moustache, put on a pair of hobnail boots, threw out his arm in a fascist salute, and led them through the streets of Berlin.

Jesus, you're stupid.

Hitler said the Jews were christ-killers, you dumb ass. He got even with them for jesus, just as you'd like to do.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>not sure that He's going to like that when you stand before Him to give an account, but what do you care, you're making friends on topix!
Somehow, I don't think Juicy's got anything to worry about.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>personally, i don't see Jesus leading His disciples that way
No, he inspired them to slaughter millions of innocents and he forgave them for it. Ask *any* Nazi, he'll tell you. Gott mitt uns!!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i know this is almost impossible for the bitter and deceived to do, but allow me to help you connect the dots:

you said "nazis were christians"

therefore, YOU'RE claiming that Christ lead hitler and the nazi's to be murdering and genocidal fascists!

not sure that He's going to like that when you stand before Him to give an account, but what do you care, you're making friends on topix!

personally, i don't see Jesus leading His disciples that way in the Gospels so that's what i proclaim here, whether i make friends or not:)
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! OMG you are so funny! Like a pet tard.
*hey Kait! Can we keep him as a pet? In a cage? We could throw different kinds of bugs at him just to see how he reacts?*
You get to clean the cage; I get enough of that at work.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

jumungus wrote:
<quoted text> when did you realize yopu became a SKANK?
You need to chill the f*ck out, in a warm bath with a toaster.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! OMG you are so funny! Like a pet tard.
*hey Kait! Can we keep him as a pet? In a cage? We could throw different kinds of bugs at him just to see how he reacts?*
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of what i said was so funny
All of it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> was it the part where i claim that you kiss ass here to make friends?
Why don't you kiss *my* ass?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i think it's very funny and ironic that you used my comments to kiss ass and make friends; i.e., "*hey Kait! Can we keep him as a pet?..."
so very very sad.....:-(
You're a jealous little pussy blood fart, aren't you?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't use that comment to make friends with Kait silly! We're already friends and I know you don't have any so ill be nice and tell you a little something, friends like to tell jokes to each other and you're a whopper!
With friends like waaasssuuup, who needs enemas?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>Ouch...They funded but pulled back early:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...

You should know by now that I wish no ill will, not sure where (perhaps personal perception) the negative tone I am reading is coming from?
Not from me. Not at you anyway, I do get a little sad with this subject, could be that's what you're picking up. Post wiki links and whatever else, think what you want.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

<quoted text>Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Remember the words of your jesus: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

I know.

Waaasssuuup claims that the bible is the inerrant word of god, and he also claims that jesus is god. Therefore, according to his warped reasoning, jesus claimed some 1500 years before he was born that all "witches" must be killed.
LOL good to see you Kait

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

<quoted text>He's beyond retarded; he's in a private little world all his own.
LOL They can't handle the truth it seems.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you may have to go back and re-read the post, particularly the part where i said "i know this is almost impossible for the bitter and deceived to do, but allow me to help you connect the dots"
You need to sober up first.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i've heard you say that you have multiple degrees (lol), but don't let that get in the way of this simple equation:
peeps claim that hitler/nazis were Christian - i.e., followers of Christ
that would have to mean that their 'christ'(WHOM THEY SUPPOSEDLY WERE FOLLOWING) was also a nazi!
Wrong.*They got their ispiration from him,* you idiot.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>to that, i said "i don't see Jesus inciting His disciples to be genocidal murderers in the Gospels"
i don't know how much more simpler i can make this for you self-proclaimed genius':)
"More simpler?"

And *YOU* try to insult the intelligence of others? Dude, you're so friggin' dumb that you couldn't even pour piss from a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel!!

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

<quoted text>waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i know this is almost impossible for the bitter and deceived to do, but allow me to help you connect the dots:

not sure that He's going to like that when you stand before Him to give an account, but what do you care, you're making friends on topix!

personally, i don't see Jesus leading His disciples that way in the Gospels so that's what i proclaim here, whether i make friends or not:)

LOL

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>waaasssuuup wrote:

Sh!t didn't think of that, I'll have to devise some sort of instrument to make him clean his own cage.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Get off the couch!! Get off the couch with those muddy paws!! Get Off!!!

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from me. Not at you anyway, I do get a little sad with this subject, could be that's what you're picking up. Post wiki links and whatever else, think what you want.
I am trying to understand what we are arguing? I do not agree with someone saying that the Church (with a broad stroke of the pen) backed Hitler. G pointed out that one can not speak for the whole as there are 40,000 different denominations....yet why, would one simply say the Church backed him? Here in the States, folks rallied against him....yet suddenly, people did not know what they were really fighting against. I am reading a history rewrite personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Lucifer 117,870
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Double Fine 730,688
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min mike 599,579
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min JudgeNJury 259,383
Last Word + 2 20 min Doug77 424
Is ISIS God's Army Sent to Punish the Wicked? 26 min Telegram Sam 0
Would Putin be a better US President than Obama? 28 min The Slider 0
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min guest 537,304

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••