Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466641 Sep 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
-Faustian- The Serpent wrote:
I left Christianity behind, about a year ago. However, I still believe in God...
<quoted text>
This is just one of your problems I think you have - you have to attribute a belief to specific semantics, but when faced with them yourself, you avoid them and divert - as you did here, assuming your god has already done this.
well you have SO many problems that i don't even know where to begin to start....

oh yes, let's start with your-SELF; when you hate your life in this world enough to die with Christ, then maybe we'll have something to talk about;)

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466643 Sep 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said "unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood..." as recorded in the 6th chapter of the gospel of john.
i suppose you won't like john now either.....sheeesh!
As I said, Paul said that. The gospels were not written in the time of Jesus. And nobody knows who the authors were, they have been argued about forever. The closest guess is they were written down in about the year 100. And a lot of things were changed.
But to show you that modern Christianity is wrong and not following Jesus, but Paul, who said the Torah was dead and done away with, read these scriptures.

Matthew 5 17:20

17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, on jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all is fulfilled.
19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be call the least in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20:For I say unto you, that except your righteousness of the scribes and Phariseses, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The fulfillment was that he was the messiah that would overthrow Roman rule over Israel. Many claimed to the messiah that would do that. And that they would build a new temple not controlled by the Romans that he would be the "King of the Jews"

Don't blame me for believing what Jesus said instead of the nut case Paul.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#466644 Sep 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well you have SO many problems that i don't even know where to begin to start....
oh yes, let's start with your-SELF; when you hate your life in this world enough to die with Christ, then maybe we'll have something to talk about;)
That is the problem.

One shouldn't hate this or anyone's life.

Life is how we love and care and show kindness to others.

If one hates his/her life, there is no love.

You are in contradiction to what Jesus taught.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#466645 Sep 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I hate myself? I have lived a very peaceful life, made no enemies, raised four kids, look out for the other guys and try to make them feel good about themselves. I have no regrets to make my death or dying a terrifying thing. I am very peaceful about it. I don't need a carrot on a stick offering heaven, or a terrifying devil offering hell to make me fearful, to keep me in line.
YOU go die with Christ, I will stay here til my time comes and I will go alone.
Gut Stomper

United States

#466646 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>
That is the problem.
I hate the way you say the stupidest shit.
Gut Stomper

United States

#466647 Sep 16, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fooling yourself, fool.
Pointing out that the scriptures of your myth do not credit the Apostle John with writing Revelation does not require belief or disbelief in your myth.
It's a simple fact that you seem to have been unaware of.
I really hate the way you say stupider shit.

Albuquerque, NM

#466648 Sep 16, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate the way you say the stupidest shit.
Then refute it, instead thinking you are so smart with just saying insults.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#466649 Sep 16, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hate the way you say stupider shit.
You're confused, fool.

Nothing new there, eh?
Gut Stomper

United States

#466650 Sep 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Great Bog, will you TRY to learn how to write a coherent sentence??
Let me simple this down for you: YOU CANNOT EXPRESS YOUR IDEAS IF YOU CANNOT COMMUNICATE!
"...the scoffers of noah's day and the people in the end who Christ even wondered if they'd have any faith."
GRAMMAR and SYNTAX, you blistering subliterate!
Easy there fella. No one ever got arrested for bad grammer.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#466651 Sep 16, 2013
-Faustian- The Serpent wrote:
I left Christianity behind, about a year ago. However, I still believe in God...
Very good. It sounds like u cut out the middle man.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466652 Sep 17, 2013
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, Paul said that. The gospels were not written in the time of Jesus. And nobody knows who the authors were, they have been argued about forever. The closest guess is they were written down in about the year 100. And a lot of things were changed.
But to show you that modern Christianity is wrong and not following Jesus, but Paul, who said the Torah was dead and done away with, read these scriptures.
Matthew 5 17:20
17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, on jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all is fulfilled.
19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be call the least in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20:For I say unto you, that except your righteousness of the scribes and Phariseses, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
The fulfillment was that he was the messiah that would overthrow Roman rule over Israel. Many claimed to the messiah that would do that. And that they would build a new temple not controlled by the Romans that he would be the "King of the Jews"
Don't blame me for believing what Jesus said instead of the nut case Paul.
hi scoffer - didn't even read what you said cuz it's trash from an antichrist spirit. make it a great day!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466653 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
That is the problem.
why do you listen to your antichrist self and every other unclean spirit instead of what Jesus said?!

see, this is why i can't respect you:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466654 Sep 17, 2013
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I hate myself? I have lived a very peaceful life, made no enemies, raised four kids, look out for the other guys and try to make them feel good about themselves. I have no regrets to make my death or dying a terrifying thing. I am very peaceful about it. I don't need a carrot on a stick offering heaven, or a terrifying devil offering hell to make me fearful, to keep me in line.
YOU go die with Christ, I will stay here til my time comes and I will go alone.
"Why would I hate myself?"

the idea is not to hate yourself, but to be dissatisfied with your sinful nature to the point that you can't stand living your life apart from God.

this is not rocket science, people!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466655 Sep 17, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. It sounds like u cut out the middle man.
yes - when you cut Christ out of CHRISTianity you're just left with ianity/insanity

Albuquerque, NM

#466656 Sep 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you listen to your antichrist self and every other unclean spirit instead of what Jesus said?!
Please don't lie about me and what I do. This will be the second time I've asked of this.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466657 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Please don't lie about me and what I do. This will be the second time I've asked of this.
huh?! i basically said to you the same thing you so often say to others; "why do you listen to what man says..."

"judge not lest you be judged" Jesus

Albuquerque, NM

#466659 Sep 17, 2013
Let's recap....

waaasssuuup wrote:

New Age wrtoe:
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?! i basically said to you the same thing you so often say to others; "why do you listen to what man says..."
"judge not lest you be judged" Jesus
As you can see, you didn't say what you you have above. As you know I utilize what Jesus stated, but you don't.

Wanna try again?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466660 Sep 17, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy there fella. No one ever got arrested for bad grammer.
Grammar Nazism is a classic Topix atheist ploy to intimidate opposition from continuing to post. Their censorship of all opposing voices is rampant here.

An opponent who uses censorship and grammar correction as a debate point has no point.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466661 Sep 17, 2013
Let's recap....
waaasssuuup wrote:
New Age wrtoe:
<quoted text>
As you can see, you didn't say what you you have above. As you know I utilize what Jesus stated, but you don't.
Wanna try again?
okay, i'll try again:

why do you lie about listening to what Jesus says when in fact you only listen to what man in the form of gnostics and mystics (aka scoffers and liars) say Jesus said???

is this more clear?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466662 Sep 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grammar Nazism is a classic Topix atheist ploy to intimidate opposition from continuing to post. Their censorship of all opposing voices is rampant here.
An opponent who uses censorship and grammar correction as a debate point has no point.
hey nano - it's about time you came over here! it's kind of a dying thread because the Christians have out-smarted the gaytheists so handedly that they've all but gone away....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Gods r Delusions ... 665,135
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 19 min It aint necessari... 22
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Brian_G 284,489
Joe McKnight lost his life in senseless road in... 36 min Doctor REALITY 3
Yanbu Gays (May '15) 49 min octafus 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,669
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr lightbeamrider 87,906
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Liamm 454
More from around the web