Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#466657 Sep 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't lie about me and what I do. This will be the second time I've asked of this.
huh?! i basically said to you the same thing you so often say to others; "why do you listen to what man says..."

"judge not lest you be judged" Jesus

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466659 Sep 17, 2013
Let's recap....

waaasssuuup wrote:
why do you listen to your antichrist self and every other unclean spirit instead of what Jesus said?!
see, this is why i can't respect you:-(

New Age wrtoe:
Please don't lie about me and what I do. This will be the second time I've asked of this.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?! i basically said to you the same thing you so often say to others; "why do you listen to what man says..."
"judge not lest you be judged" Jesus
As you can see, you didn't say what you you have above. As you know I utilize what Jesus stated, but you don't.

Wanna try again?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466660 Sep 17, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy there fella. No one ever got arrested for bad grammer.
Grammar Nazism is a classic Topix atheist ploy to intimidate opposition from continuing to post. Their censorship of all opposing voices is rampant here.

An opponent who uses censorship and grammar correction as a debate point has no point.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466661 Sep 17, 2013
Let's recap....
waaasssuuup wrote:
why do you listen to your antichrist self and every other unclean spirit instead of what Jesus said?!
see, this is why i can't respect you:-(
New Age wrtoe:
<quoted text>
As you can see, you didn't say what you you have above. As you know I utilize what Jesus stated, but you don't.
Wanna try again?
okay, i'll try again:

why do you lie about listening to what Jesus says when in fact you only listen to what man in the form of gnostics and mystics (aka scoffers and liars) say Jesus said???

is this more clear?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466662 Sep 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grammar Nazism is a classic Topix atheist ploy to intimidate opposition from continuing to post. Their censorship of all opposing voices is rampant here.
An opponent who uses censorship and grammar correction as a debate point has no point.
hey nano - it's about time you came over here! it's kind of a dying thread because the Christians have out-smarted the gaytheists so handedly that they've all but gone away....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466663 Sep 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay, i'll try again:
why do you lie about listening to what Jesus says when in fact you only listen to what man in the form of gnostics and mystics (aka scoffers and liars) say Jesus said???
is this more clear?:)
Yes it is. With you being specific in your query, I can answer.

I don't listen to Jesus, but utilize the teachigns that some guy scribed that are attributed to Jesus.

As no one really knows for sure that Jesus lived at all, the teachings associated to him, to me, are valid for use in living my life on a day-to-day basis.

Unfortunately, you are correct in your statement, all the texts we have to "go on" are penned from someone other than Jesus.

So why do you only accept those teachings that man has deemed for you to believe? If you say you believe in all of Jesus, then do it, and stop playing footsie with the pastor.
Gut Stomper

Franklin, NC

#466664 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't listen to Jesus, but utilize the teachigns that some guy scribed that are attributed to Jesus.
As no one really knows for sure that Jesus lived at all, the teachings associated to him, to me, are valid for use in living my life on a day-to-day basis.
Unfortunately, you are correct in your statement, all the texts we have to "go on" are penned from someone other than Jesus.
So why do you only accept those teachings that man has deemed for you to believe? If you say you believe in all of Jesus, then do it, and stop playing footsie with the pastor.
Most modern scholars, a group of which we are sure that you are not a member, agree that Jesus existed.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466666 Sep 17, 2013
-Faustian- The Serpent wrote:
I left Christianity behind, about a year ago. However, I still believe in God...
Your avatar, "I kneel before no God", contradicts your statement that you believe in God.
You will see later, that at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that he is Lord to the glory of God the father.
duststorm

League City, TX

#466667 Sep 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Here's what you wrote:
"most of the time and especially when endorsed by gaytheists, i take 'modern scholars' to mean those who "...noah....so shall it/they be in the end" and "will there be faith on earth when the Son of Man returns?" (Jesus) kinda people. you and chess wouldn't be endorsing them if the weren't!:)"
As I said, gibberish.
You might want ta compare yer last 100 posts to these actions you use to compare others to....just say'n...
Duststorm answers: Mac, a hate it when you use a preposition at the end of a sentence.

Since: Sep 13

Ashburn, VA

#466668 Sep 17, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four

Finally,....
Hi , good article !
I was faced with the same problem a few years back.. But i knew that God is present..but i only want to find the correct God and correct path..So luckily i found one religion which has more answers than i have questions !!
I would suggest that you should search for answers outside christianity..
I rejected the bible when i came to know through the internet that jesus was not born on 25th dec..it was a marketing strategy to lure the pagans !!
I have found another abrahamic religion and now i worship the God of Adam, Noah, Moses, jesus and Muhammad pbuh!!
I think we all should worship Gid there is only a matter of which path to follow.we wud have to answer our creator after we die..
Happy searching :)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#466669 Sep 17, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I wrote it with finality. Death ends the opportunity for anyone to be saved. The curtain comes down on the last act. Anything after that, or before that, matters not if the person is not saved. He will suffer in hellfire forever. I guess that does perturb you, but you choose to blame me for sin and its consequence.
Wrong...

Jeremiah 3:12 for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Ashburn, VA

#466670 Sep 17, 2013
@waassuup Did you say God's son ??
When christians blindly believe the lie that Jesus was born on 25th December.. So is the matter with God having a son!. The fatal blow came when bible was compiled in English. Many noted authorities agreed that the misinterprations are too diverse to correct..search the net and you will know what and how bible was altered..

#466671 Sep 17, 2013
freedom rings wrote:
I was at a local bank cashing a donation check. An older man came into the bank and came up to one of two of the tellers and started reading to her from some preprinted bible verse cards. A car pulled up to the drive thru window so she excused herself to take care of the customer.
This man then tried to read them to me. I said "excuse me, but I am conducting business" and turned back to the teller.
this man then tried to read it to the teller who was counting back my cash.
I turned to him and said "excuse me, but the teller is trying to conduct business, could you please not read this while she is counting my money" I then turned back to the teller. This man got snippy with me and started accusing me of being a satan lover.
I explained to him that when tellers are working, it isn't polite to try and shove his beliefs down their throat, as accuracy is a big part of their business.
Then I said, "even IF I were a satan lover, I would have more sense than to try and shove my beliefs down someone's throat in a business setting" and if he didn't understand it wasn't a proper place for his bible thumping, that was his problem.
He left in a huff. The tellers smiled and thanked me. They said they have to listen to him because he is a local customer. He comes into the bank everyday and does this, the bank manager won't do anything about it, because he is afraid to offend him..........
so he lets this man offend customers........:(
Some friends of mine used to live right across the street from the parking lot of a Post Office. EVERY Sunday morning, some guy would show up and start preaching to the mail delivery trucks. No people around, just the trucks...

Ashburn, VA

#466672 Sep 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Some friends of mine used to live right across the street from the parking lot of a Post Office. EVERY Sunday morning, some guy would show up and start preaching to the mail delivery trucks. No people around, just the trucks...
:)

#466673 Sep 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you claim to respect the words of Christ, why not read them for yourself. He said a lot of things about the end in the gospels and the book of rev
Maybe you should try that. Jesus preached Jewish revivalism. In all likelihood, he was a Pharisee of the Hillel school.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#466674 Sep 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes - when you cut Christ out of CHRISTianity you're just left with ianity/insanity
Christ is not the middle man here. I was thinking of some preacher with his hand out.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466675 Sep 17, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
They spray-painted all over my garage door from Exodus 22:18--"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
Topix took down the original post, apparently because a christian complained about it; good thing I saved it. If you have any questions, numbskull, read it again. And again, until it sinks in.
Saturday, December 3, 2011
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
(that's where it used to be; as I said, the original post has been removed)
There's not a chance in hell that I'll get caught up on a week's worth of posts, so I won't even try. And man, what a week it's been.
I stopped at the store the day before Thanksgiving to pick up a couple of things that I was going to take to my folks' house for dinner. Turned out I was low on cash, and I didn't have a debit card (I just don't trust electronic money; but that’s all changed now), so I paid with a check. The cashier--some guy in his early 20s--gave me kind of a weird, hostile look, and then studied my check. Turns out, he had been looking at the pentacle I always wear –I was wearing a scrub shirt from work that day, and the pentacle had slipped out–and as he handed me my receipt he said, "That's the sign of the devil, you know. Are you a devil worshiper? Do you love Satan?" I just rolled my eyes, grabbed my groceries, and left.
The next day, as my family was settling down to evening dinner at Mom & Dad's, I got a call on my cell from one of my neighbors; my house had been broken into, and someone had fired a gunshot. The entire lot of us rushed to my place to find cop cars, an ambulance, some stranger’s van my driveway, a crowd of neighbors, and bible passages spray painted on my garage door and the front of my house –and the guy from the grocery store, along with two of his buddies. Once I told the cops who I was, I was allowed inside, and found that Marlowe had been shot. He’s okay; a neighbor and friend was taking care of him, and had already called the clinic where I work to have them fire up the OR. So while he was taken off for treatment I had to stay and answer questions.
To make a long story short, the bastard from the grocery store had gotten my address from my check, and had recruited two of his buddies to pay me a visit. His two buddies rolled over on him, hoping to get a deal with the DA (they’re all facing felony charges including, but not limited to, conspiracy, conspiracy to commit murder, stalking, animal cruelty, first-degree burglary, vandalism, and I can’t remember what else right now) while he got carted off in the ambulance to be taken to the ER. He’s the one who shot Marlowe, with a .32 semiauto that belonged to his father; and Marlowe managed to permanently change *his* life, too; after having been shot in his left shoulder as he was flying through the air to defend our home, he had bitten down on the guy’s forearm so hard that he had torn through the skin, torn the muscle of his right forearm, torn some tendons, and had snapped his ulna like a stick, into three separate pieces, right in the middle.
You're a liar. There's never been any news article describing such an event anywhere in the media.
Viking

Morristown, NJ

#466676 Sep 17, 2013
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!! !

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#466678 Sep 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar. There's never been any news article describing such an event anywhere in the media.
Don't tell me you really believe what the media says?!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#466684 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
let me break our differences down for you and hopefully you can respect them. if not, i'll associate you with the devil:

1 - "but utilize the teachigns that some guy scribed that are attributed to Jesus"

this is a blatant lie since you promote SELF as your god while Jesus promoted the Father and the idea of death to the part of self which opposes putting God and His Kingdom above all else

2 - "As no one really knows for sure that Jesus lived at all"

i categorically reject your idea and believe the Gospels as authentic and accurate from eye witnesses hand-picked by Jesus Himself who died as martyrs so we could have the Truth in all generations

3- "....and stop playing footsie with the pastor"

i exercise discretion in what i receive as from man vs God on a daily basis; i'm doing so now with you, a rejected 'pastor'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Richard The Lion... 79,737
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,536
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Acts4-12 NOTabout... 701,485
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 3 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 3 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752