Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#465819 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
If I may put it this way?

I don't know that some of you know how offensive it is for people in generations older than my own to read others say that Hitler was a Christian. My Grandmother viewed him as the Anit-Christ, as he expected people to worship him. He used the Christian faith/religion as a tool to win the war. His campaign was successful due to intimidation and imprisonment of all that opposed him. He was a Christian in the essence of, he attended (was baptized into) Church and claimed the title of one. He was a murderer that used the tools available (politics/religion) to slaughter anyone that was not as he wished. He did not even fit his own profile of the superior race, by his own decree....he should have been killed early on.
He was a devout Catholic. Fact. I'm sorry if you find that offensive. I find most christians offensive but that doesn't change the fact that they're christians. I find racism offensive but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Facts don't change when people get offended.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#465820 Jul 31, 2013
World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. Over 60 million people were killed, which was over 2.5% of the world population. The tables below give a detailed country-by-country count of human losses.

Found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_cas...

Look up Allied forces lost for more info. I am saddened that this is being used as an argument. The man was a Monster.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465821 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't look at others as "False Doctrines". I would like to know how anyone can claim that "The Christian Church" backed Hitler. How is it acceptable to say that Christians backed him, when so many died to stop him? Honest question.
No went to war against Hitler because of the Holocaust.

Most didn't even know about until after the war ended.

There were far more Christians killing Jews than were Christians trying to stop it.

Ann Arbor, MI

#465822 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want. I'm just stating facts which can be found if one looks. Nothing to do with pointing fingers at all. I was also talking about the Vatican, not the "Christian Church as a whole". Unless one views the Vatican as such.
The Vatican was originally supporting a campaign against atheists.(If I am incorrect, I am sure a link will be provided shortly ;)

Ann Arbor, MI

#465823 Jul 31, 2013
The intent was not to kill, but convert (such is my limited understanding).

Ann Arbor, MI

#465824 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a devout Catholic. Fact. I'm sorry if you find that offensive. I find most christians offensive but that doesn't change the fact that they're christians. I find racism offensive but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Facts don't change when people get offended.
I do not find it offensive nor do I disagree. I don't think you are getting my point here. He wanted to be Christ, that was his goal.

Ann Arbor, MI

#465825 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No went to war against Hitler because of the Holocaust.
Most didn't even know about until after the war ended.
There were far more Christians killing Jews than were Christians trying to stop it.
For once in my life....I find myself speechless.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#465826 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not find it offensive nor do I disagree. I don't think you are getting my point here. He wanted to be Christ, that was his goal.
ROFLMAO

Ann Arbor, MI

#465827 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
?? Not so??

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#465828 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>The Vatican was originally supporting a campaign against atheists.(If I am incorrect, I am sure a link will be provided shortly ;)
Yes. The Vatican always tells the public the truth as well. Good one sis!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#465829 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
?? Not so??
Hitler wanted to be Christ ?

That is so funny.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#465830 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
For once in my life....I find myself speechless.
An education in 20th century history.

Ann Arbor, MI

#465831 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Vatican always tells the public the truth as well. Good one sis!
It is public record now, as enough years have passed. Pick all you like, AC (a past poster on here) and I got into it about this. He prompted me to do further research. He was right and I was wrong when it comes to the beliefs of Hitler, I admit it fully. If you have something that can further my research, I am all for it and please pass it on.

Ann Arbor, MI

#465832 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler wanted to be Christ ?
That is so funny.
Why? What was his definition of the superior race, and what did he write when it comes to authority?

Ann Arbor, MI

#465833 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
An education in 20th century history.
Sigh....

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#465834 Jul 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>It is public record now, as enough years have passed. Pick all you like, AC (a past poster on here) and I got into it about this. He prompted me to do further research. He was right and I was wrong when it comes to the beliefs of Hitler, I admit it fully. If you have something that can further my research, I am all for it and please pass it on.
I'd have to look for it. Something you could also do if you're really that interested sis. I researched what I heard as a child for years just to prove my delusional mother wrong. I'm not in the frame of mind to do that right now. Not that I'm suggesting you're delusional or anything of the sort, I honestly thought this stuff was common knowledge by now. Maybe I can find you something later. Sorry.

Ann Arbor, MI

#465835 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to look for it. Something you could also do if you're really that interested sis. I researched what I heard as a child for years just to prove my delusional mother wrong. I'm not in the frame of mind to do that right now. Not that I'm suggesting you're delusional or anything of the sort, I honestly thought this stuff was common knowledge by now. Maybe I can find you something later. Sorry.
Prove your delusional Mother wrong about what? What would be common knowledge...

Hitler claimed to be a Christian...while murdering millions.

To claim that "The Church" backed him, one must define the parameters. I will not sit back and say that Christians supported Hitler during the war. That is simply lazy. I have no investment in the argument other then a Veteran family member, that knew what he was fighting for according to his letters to his wife.
Anonymous

Bristol, UK

#465836 Jul 31, 2013
I've been Catholic my entire life, I went to a Catholic primary school and my family are all Christians. I'm homosexual. Now the main reason I am no longer Christian is because I believe it is a very un accepting, conservative religion that refuses to see it's contradictions and admit that some of its beliefs should be studied. People disagree with me and say that anyone can be a Christian, the church accepts anyone, but when I was just 19 and came out to the community, the church were the only people to disallow it. I remember one year after the Good Friday service and the Deacon walked up to me and told me "God will cure you if you have faith". I didn't see this as very accepting, I felt as if everyone thought I was a bad person, he made it sound like a had some sort of disease. But with approxiamtely 10% of the population being homosexual and 15% bisexual, it can't be seen as something abnormal any longer. It may teach in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong, but the Bible is over 1000 years old, they were written at the time when people still had slaves.

If God is so loving then why did he choose for me to be something he hates? No, I was not born to be selibate my whole life, the truth is God didn't make me gay, I was just chance, it's just like being born with blonde hair when your parents have brunette or smaller feet than everyone else. I understand it's different, but it's still normal, I'm the tenth baby.

So Pope Francis has been preaching recently that Jesus loves everybody but why can't I be who I was born to be? Why can't I settle down like everyone else, surely Jesus is so kind as to understand that homosexuals can still be kind people. We are the most accepting community in the world, we understand that everyone a little bit strange but deep down, we all just want to be accepted, we want to live a life that doesn't involve wondering whether people are staring when you hold your partner's hand when you're walking down the street. And if Christianity changed to let millions more of the world know that they too are one with God the world would be a better place.

Now that's the reason I am no longer Christian, it's because of the mindset that someone else's lifestyle has an effect on yours. But it doesn't, it comes down to whether you are a loving person who is willing to love everybody.

Ann Arbor, MI

#465837 Jul 31, 2013
Yes, My Grandfather was a Catholic American. Dusty has already given me the quick overview on how Catholics are not Christians....please tell me that this discussion is not going to follow the same path down into no mans land......;)

Ann Arbor, MI

#465838 Jul 31, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I've been Catholic my entire life, I went to a Catholic primary school and my family are all Christians. I'm homosexual. Now the main reason I am no longer Christian is because I believe it is a very un accepting, conservative religion that refuses to see it's contradictions and admit that some of its beliefs should be studied. People disagree with me and say that anyone can be a Christian, the church accepts anyone, but when I was just 19 and came out to the community, the church were the only people to disallow it. I remember one year after the Good Friday service and the Deacon walked up to me and told me "God will cure you if you have faith". I didn't see this as very accepting, I felt as if everyone thought I was a bad person, he made it sound like a had some sort of disease. But with approxiamtely 10% of the population being homosexual and 15% bisexual, it can't be seen as something abnormal any longer. It may teach in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong, but the Bible is over 1000 years old, they were written at the time when people still had slaves.
If God is so loving then why did he choose for me to be something he hates? No, I was not born to be selibate my whole life, the truth is God didn't make me gay, I was just chance, it's just like being born with blonde hair when your parents have brunette or smaller feet than everyone else. I understand it's different, but it's still normal, I'm the tenth baby.
So Pope Francis has been preaching recently that Jesus loves everybody but why can't I be who I was born to be? Why can't I settle down like everyone else, surely Jesus is so kind as to understand that homosexuals can still be kind people. We are the most accepting community in the world, we understand that everyone a little bit strange but deep down, we all just want to be accepted, we want to live a life that doesn't involve wondering whether people are staring when you hold your partner's hand when you're walking down the street. And if Christianity changed to let millions more of the world know that they too are one with God the world would be a better place.
Now that's the reason I am no longer Christian, it's because of the mindset that someone else's lifestyle has an effect on yours. But it doesn't, it comes down to whether you are a loving person who is willing to love everybody.
God makes no mistakes...People do. I hope you find your path by being who you are, and not by what others think you should be. That is when we as the individual, have a light to share. Good to read you Anonymous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 49,255
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 646,797
Family members... 25 min Thedirtydog 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 25 min andet1987 2,095
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min RiccardoFire 44,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 971,785
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,828
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web