Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#464828 Jul 3, 2013
Harmless53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I share a similar story as the first writer. I went all the way from convert to participant to seminary student to ordained pastor. Yet, my 'feelings' were never the lead; instead, like CS Lewis, my faith was reasoned and truth. I believed because I knew it was true, not because I felt it was true.
I served as the pastor of a church; it was a role that required me to work 40/week at another job to make a living and ministry took 40-60/week as well. It was exhausting but I felt called.
It was when I buried the last member of the church and the district leaders closed the book that I found myself alone. At the time when I needed their help and support I found myself disconnected and hurting. My grief was intense and it has never really healed.
I still believe, I just don't know what do to about it. Every time I try going to church my grief and pain rise to the surface. I've had several pastors tell me that they have nothing to offer and no meaningful healing. I used to believe that God would heal our hurts, but it hasn't worked for me.
So, don't tell someone to "Repent and Return to their First Love." It's a simplistic answer that doesn't answer the hurt and pain. Jesus never gave a trite cliché answer to anyone, but so many Christians only have those. I've noticed it is easier to answer with a cliché than to actually listen, love, and admit you don't know how to fix something.
There is only one cure for life... death.

Not highly recommended even by those who claim to believe that death will bring them ultimate bliss.

i will find out sooner than I want.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#464829 Jul 3, 2013
Harmless53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I share a similar story as the first writer. I went all the way from convert to participant to seminary student to ordained pastor. Yet, my 'feelings' were never the lead; instead, like CS Lewis, my faith was reasoned and truth. I believed because I knew it was true, not because I felt it was true.
I served as the pastor of a church; it was a role that required me to work 40/week at another job to make a living and ministry took 40-60/week as well. It was exhausting but I felt called.
It was when I buried the last member of the church and the district leaders closed the book that I found myself alone. At the time when I needed their help and support I found myself disconnected and hurting. My grief was intense and it has never really healed.
I still believe, I just don't know what do to about it. Every time I try going to church my grief and pain rise to the surface. I've had several pastors tell me that they have nothing to offer and no meaningful healing. I used to believe that God would heal our hurts, but it hasn't worked for me.
So, don't tell someone to "Repent and Return to their First Love." It's a simplistic answer that doesn't answer the hurt and pain. Jesus never gave a trite cliché answer to anyone, but so many Christians only have those. I've noticed it is easier to answer with a cliché than to actually listen, love, and admit you don't know how to fix something.
No, you believed because you felt it was true, unless you are hiding evidence that suggests your god is real.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#464830 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not highly recommended even by those who claim to believe that death will bring them ultimate bliss.
How you doing G?

“orally fixated”

Since: Aug 07

Allentown, PA

#464831 Jul 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are some pretty old Billy Joel references, you guys are giving away your age! Or generation anyway:)
The first album I bought was Glass Houses by Billy Joel
I'm 31! I was 26 when I joined this site. Gimme a break, dude.
Gut Cracker

Loudon, TN

#464832 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, God. Here we go.

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#464833 Jul 3, 2013
Gut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>I drink gallons of bull semen
Is that healthy?
No.
Gut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Well, my turn in the donkey tent.

Ouch!
You love it, christian, and you know it.
Gut Cracker

Loudon, TN

#464834 Jul 3, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>Whew! A whole day in the donkey tent sticking it and licking it. I must have swallowed a gallon of jackass jizz.
Weird.
Gut Cracker

Landrum, SC

#464836 Jul 4, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to don a crotchless wetsuit and have a pod of horny sperm whales fill my every orifice to overflowing.
Please seek help.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#464841 Jul 5, 2013
Slightly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 31! I was 26 when I joined this site. Gimme a break, dude.
Act your age!(just kidding, of course!:D )

#464844 Jul 5, 2013
Gut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Whew! A whole day in the donkey tent sticking it and licking it. I must have swallowed a gallon of jackass jizz. Yum!!
Whatever.

#464845 Jul 5, 2013
Gut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text> My hatred makes me cum in my pants.
Seek help.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#464846 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>How you doing G?
Pretty sick lately.

Doing my best to postpone my appointment with "The Judge". <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#464847 Jul 5, 2013
Gut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, God. Here we go.
May you pass from this world before I do.
Pissing on your grave is on my bucket list.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#464848 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sick lately.
take care pal! thanks for sharing

“"None shall pass"”

There

#464849 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>take care pal! thanks for sharing
Thanks for caring.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#464850 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sick lately.
Hang tough, there.

Noli illegitimi carborundum.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#464851 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
May you pass from this world before I do.
Pissing on your grave is on my bucket list.
I clicked on the link when I saw someone state it had been run down as such..... this is the first posting I saw and it is also my last. Don't know why I bothered looking in here in the first place, but in so many ways, G, you just take the cake.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#464852 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I clicked on the link when I saw someone state it had been run down as such..... this is the first posting I saw and it is also my last. Don't know why I bothered looking in here in the first place, but in so many ways, G, you just take the cake.
I take the cake for insulting the troll that helped run this thread into the ground ?

ROFLMAO

I have hardly been on this thread for a month or more.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#464853 Jul 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hang tough, there.
Noli illegitimi carborundum.
Thanks, Mac.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#464854 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I clicked on the link when I saw someone state it had been run down as such..... this is the first posting I saw and it is also my last. Don't know why I bothered looking in here in the first place, but in so many ways, G, you just take the cake.
The way you follow me around, I think you protest too much.

Wanna Skype ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 603,253
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 879,115
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 613,070
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min andet1987 6,397
Middle aged man prefers wearing women's PANTIES 37 min Johno 5
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 39 min MUQ2 997
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min MUQ2 41,143
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min who 272,884
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
More from around the web