“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463913 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>And they just don't get it. The Old and New Testaments are like amendments to the constitution. The amendments apply where appropriate, while the rest remains in force.
Isn't it just wonderful that each Christian gets to decide for himself/herself which "amendments" apply and which don't? This is one of the silliest ideas of Christianity. Either you are under a new covenant and the old covenant is no longer in practice, or you are not under a new covenant and you have to abide by the old one. You don't get to decide what stays in force and what doesn't. If you make the claim that you are under a new covenant and don't have to go by the rules of the old one, that means ALL the rules of the old one. Otherwise, you have no new covenant.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463914 Jun 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you may have to explain to me what "remains in force" with the old covenant to a gentile believer when a New and Greater one has replaced it?
"In that He says,ďA new covenant,Ē He has made the first OBSOLETE. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away" Heb 8:13 NKJV
Then don't ever again use the OT to back up your prejudices.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463915 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>You must always read before and after and beyond. If you read you will see the amendments and replacements. The replacements were in Christ.
Simply put, has the 10 Commandments been replaced or affirmed?
Here:
Hebrews 9
King James Version (KJV)
9 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
This in no way enforces any of the laws of the OT. Maybe you should try reading it without your pastor over your shoulder.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463916 Jun 18, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that a lost person died "peacefully"? Haven't you ever heard of the 'death mask'---the frozen expression on a person's face at the moment of death?
Many atheists were described as having a horribly contorted look of terror on their faces at death. That's because they were being ushered into the flames of hell.
Christians were described as having a peaceful countenance. That's because they were crossing over into heaven.
That's those Chick tracts talking to you again. Christians seem much more frightened of death than do non-Christians. That's because they know they have not lived up to their part of the bargain, they've tried to do God's job for him, and they've mostly been abusive to those who Jesus told them to walk away from.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#463917 Jun 18, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>So this is one of the scare tactics that worked on you? No matter you're so messed up.
It is an easy way to justify hatred, murder and torture of anyone who disagrees with them.

"Agree with me or I will kill you!" is a common religious theme.
youtube

AOL

#463918 Jun 18, 2013

ULTIMATE SUBMISSION -- not seen on UFC pay-TV

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#463919 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people love too, but you discount that because you think they are more about sex? And you think they are more about sex because...because you choose to assume that? And you are telling this to a gay man who is celibate? LOL! Hello? I'm pretty good evidence that your assumptions might be a little off, don't you think?
Frankly, it looks to me like you got alot of nothing there. Neither have you explained how same-sex attraction is like masturbation, much less how it is sociopathic. How are you defining what sociopathic is?
Why don't we try honesty? You think the idea of gay sex is icky, you don't like the idea that some people think differently, and you really have no rationale beyond that.
homosexuality = sin/offensive-and-selfish-beha vior

don't do the crime if you can't do the time - baretta & wasup

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#463920 Jun 18, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Topix, Clueless Wonder.
umm....gulp...hhiiiiii kait!

is this a seriously a pic of you? not that i think you're lying, but could you send me one like it only holding a sign that says 'hi waaasssuuup'?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#463921 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Which drug did you do before you started doing jesus?
<quoted text>
You are. You reject your savior's Ten Commandments while commanding all non-believers to obey them.
<quoted text>
Ma che cazzo stai parlando? What the f*ck are you talking about?
Are you having flashbacks? Are you doing jesus right now? Or is "he" doing you?
here's what i'm saying - are we gonna fire-up a blunt together in your hot tub or are you just all talk and no cooch???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#463922 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
No one cares about your uninformed opinions.
<quoted text>
And where'd you get your psych degree? Oh, wait a minute; you don't *believe* in education!
i'm sorry but i don't think i can do this with you hav'n that pic there....i can only be nice and agreable....:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#463923 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think it's sociopathic?
<quoted text>
You do not know the definition of sociopathic behavior.
You are sexually attracted to your right hand.
You're an idiot.
Yo boo.
if i were the girl in that pic, id' probably be sociopathic and attracted to myself to the point that i wouldn't have to leave my bedroom.....

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#463924 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't get to make the rules for Bro. Clownie! Im following Jesus
You aren't following Jesus, you are ignoring Jesus. In what way do you make any attempt to abide by what Jesus said about the behavior of his followers?

You are a fake Christian. You just give Jesus lip service, but your faith goes no further than that.

San Francisco

#463925 Jun 18, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Look how angry you became over a simple question. Why are you brimming with such rage and hatred?
Look at how much you like raping babies, why is that? Did it happen to you?

San Francisco

#463926 Jun 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
homosexuality = sin/offensive-and-selfish-beha vior
adultery = sin/offensive-and-selfish-beha vior

There, fix it for ya.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#463927 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't following Jesus, you are ignoring Jesus. In what way do you make any attempt to abide by what Jesus said about the behavior of his followers?
You are a fake Christian. You just give Jesus lip service, but your faith goes no further than that.
this coming from a evil soul... you're the one that is ignoring Jesus with your evil lifestyle.. FACT

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#463928 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
adultery = sin/offensive-and-selfish-beha vior
There, fix it for ya.
wilderide = sin The bible says so... do you believe the bible? I know you don't understand the word but do you believe it....??????

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#463929 Jun 18, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> That's those Chick tracts talking to you again. Christians seem much more frightened of death than do non-Christians. That's because they know they have not lived up to their part of the bargain, they've tried to do God's job for him, and they've mostly been abusive to those who Jesus told them to walk away from.
I don't believe any of this....non christians hate the truth... Jesus Christ is the truth

San Francisco

#463930 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>this coming from a evil soul... you're the one that is ignoring Jesus with your evil lifestyle.. FACT
Nice deflection. Doesn't change the fact that you ignore all of Jesus' teachings.

San Francisco

#463931 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>wilderide = sin The bible says so... do you believe the bible? I know you don't understand the word but do you believe it....??????
You say you believe in the Bible, yet you ignore it.

Puzzling.

San Francisco

#463932 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe any of this....non christians hate the truth... Jesus Christ is the truth
Yet you don't take anything Jesus said as the truth, do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 779,410
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 265,603
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Chuck 560,771
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 96,870
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,398
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,162
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 605,394
Moses never existed 6 hr KiMare 862
More from around the web