Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#463894 Jun 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What is sad is that it is people calling themselves Christians that have done the warping.
"Jesus wept."
Balanced people do not act like several of the Christians on here. If you want to blame all of the Christians on Topix for some, than so be it….shuffle me right on into that deck as a Christian. You and I have read what I call (and was called out for doing so) fundie atheists as well….I prefer to hold the person accountable….not a belief or lack there of.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#463895 Jun 17, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fine example of a hateful christian. Thanks for proving me right--again.
Adam is a fundamentalist Chrisjewlim.

We Reform Chrisjewlims find him repulsive and potentialy dangerous.

<smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#463896 Jun 17, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
.... If you want to blame all of the Christians on Topix for some,...
When have I ever done that ?

I blame individuals for their own words, actions and inactions.

I have nothing against Christians. I do find (IMHO) far to many alleged Christians on Topix to be hate filled scumbags.

Ann Arbor, MI

#463897 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Did he, or did he not, come with a sword to set father against son, mother against daughter, etc.? These fundies really love that!
You know I wont argue this with you, and that I am not a fundie.
<quoted text>
They have shown me what they are, and how they justify it. I go by the evidence they provide.
I am going to flip the coin here if I may? What evidence are you providing of your own beliefs? I am only asking this of you because *I think* that some on here have gotten under your skin more than you may realize.

Ann Arbor, MI

#463898 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Anyone who disagrees with him is an "atheist," including you.
How's it goin', NoStress?
Good to know…. LOL another Dusty?
Moving along here…kids are out for summer vacation…..need I say more? ;O) How are things in your slice of the world?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#463899 Jun 17, 2013
Adam wrote:
43, 42, 41...
Well, looks Kait, G_O_D, KittenKoder, and wilderide have taken the one-time number one thread from third to fourth place. Thanks jerks.
Yes, we know you hate reality.

Ann Arbor, MI

#463900 Jun 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When have I ever done that ?
I blame individuals for their own words, actions and inactions.
I have nothing against Christians. I do find (IMHO) far to many alleged Christians on Topix to be hate filled scumbags.
Sorry….I caught a comment on another thread and I guess it followed me over. I have been gone for a month, the tone (not just from you) has changed drastically IMO…..
bONGO

Coram, NY

#463901 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't point that thing at me, damnit, I just bought these shoes!!
hEY COCKBREATH, What shoes would your hoofs possibly fit in?

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#463902 Jun 17, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I wont argue this with you, and that I am not a fundie.
<quoted text>
I am going to flip the coin here if I may? What evidence are you providing of your own beliefs?
None; my personal beliefs are my business. I don't mean to sound antagonistic, I'm just being honest.

I had three fundies break into my home about a year and a half ago, one of whom was armed with a handgun, while I was out; the fundies here always remind me of those three. The one who posts as "Just Results," and as "atheists are evil" over on another thread, has already stated that I need to be stuffed in a coffin while claiming that I'm the most hateful person on Topix.

How would *you* react if you were treated that way?

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#463903 Jun 17, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know…. LOL another Dusty?
Worse! The little puke stain told me, "You're so hateful, you must have killed a christian! I'm reporting you to the F.B.I.!"
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>Moving along here…kids are out for summer vacation…..need I say more? ;O)
You have my sympathies. ;) You can only take so much of peace and quiet anyway before the inevitable storm hits.
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text> How are things in your slice of the world?
Not bad. I've been cut back to part-time on account of Obamacare (the IRS making all of our health decisions; I'm skeptical of their qualifications), and my work schedule fluctuates, but at least I'm still workin'.

Ann Arbor, MI

#463905 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
None; my personal beliefs are my business. I don't mean to sound antagonistic, I'm just being honest.
I had three fundies break into my home about a year and a half ago, one of whom was armed with a handgun, while I was out; the fundies here always remind me of those three. The one who posts as "Just Results," and as "atheists are evil" over on another thread, has already stated that I need to be stuffed in a coffin while claiming that I'm the most hateful person on Topix.
How would *you* react if you were treated that way?
I have always believed that if I must impress upon you (anyone) what I believe….than I am wrong. If you take something of what I say to heart…the impression was already there, and what I say simply resonates within you for a reason and a purpose. You and I had a discussion going some time back,(09-ish…on ptag??) what you said was taken to heart by me….during said discussion you were wrongly torn into by fundies…over the last few years I have read you become more and more abrasive. Your candidness was appreciated from the get go by me, yet in my honest opinion due to the strain of (justifiably) thinking that many Christians in topix-land are against you, what you actually have to offer on here is getting lost IMHO.
hidaqet

Mckeesport, PA

#463908 Jun 18, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………
Get Lucky

“Love much, trust none”

There

#463909 Jun 18, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry….I caught a comment on another thread and I guess it followed me over. I have been gone for a month, the tone (not just from you) has changed drastically IMO…..
No problem.

Yes. I think many threads on Topix have changed. The days of intelligent discussions are far and few between. Trolls and sock-puppets eventually ruin all popular forums.
duststorm

League City, TX

#463910 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Being a christian is easy; .
<quoted text>
I was never a christian, thank god; I'm a proud Pagan, born and raised. Unlike you, I was born right the *first* time.
As a Pagan, born and raised, do you possess or employ any of the following:
(copied off the Pagan/Witch supply house list)
Altar Supplies
Amulets & Talismans
Amulets - Herbal (Charm Bags)
Athames & Bolines
Bags, Bottles, Bowls & Boxes
Bath & Body Products
Bells & Musical Instruments
Blank Books of Shadows
Books, Music & Video
Bumper Stickers
Candles
Cat Products
Cauldrons
Chalices
Clothing
Crystal Balls
Dragon Products
Dryad Designs
Fairy Products
Gemstones & Crystal Balls
Gifts & Home Decor
Greeting Cards & Postcards
Herbs
Meditation
Incense
Jewelry
Oils & Perfumes
Patches & Pins
Pendulums
Posters
Rune Sets
Scrying Bowls & Mirrors
Singing Bowls
Smudging Supplies
Statuary
Spell Kits, Mixes & Aids
Spell Writing Supplies
Tarot & Divination
Voodoo
Wands

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463911 Jun 18, 2013
JOBLESS AND STUPID wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not. And, I don't.
Did you forget which sock you were supposed to be wearing?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463912 Jun 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
by being opposite of God you're guilty of the sins of all humanity, including the murder of God's perfect Son. you in a whole heap of trouble.....
So this is one of the scare tactics that worked on you? No matter you're so messed up.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463913 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>And they just don't get it. The Old and New Testaments are like amendments to the constitution. The amendments apply where appropriate, while the rest remains in force.
Isn't it just wonderful that each Christian gets to decide for himself/herself which "amendments" apply and which don't? This is one of the silliest ideas of Christianity. Either you are under a new covenant and the old covenant is no longer in practice, or you are not under a new covenant and you have to abide by the old one. You don't get to decide what stays in force and what doesn't. If you make the claim that you are under a new covenant and don't have to go by the rules of the old one, that means ALL the rules of the old one. Otherwise, you have no new covenant.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463914 Jun 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you may have to explain to me what "remains in force" with the old covenant to a gentile believer when a New and Greater one has replaced it?
"In that He says,“A new covenant,” He has made the first OBSOLETE. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away" Heb 8:13 NKJV
Then don't ever again use the OT to back up your prejudices.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463915 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>You must always read before and after and beyond. If you read you will see the amendments and replacements. The replacements were in Christ.
Simply put, has the 10 Commandments been replaced or affirmed?
Here:
Hebrews 9
King James Version (KJV)
9 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
This in no way enforces any of the laws of the OT. Maybe you should try reading it without your pastor over your shoulder.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#463916 Jun 18, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that a lost person died "peacefully"? Haven't you ever heard of the 'death mask'---the frozen expression on a person's face at the moment of death?
Many atheists were described as having a horribly contorted look of terror on their faces at death. That's because they were being ushered into the flames of hell.
Christians were described as having a peaceful countenance. That's because they were crossing over into heaven.
That's those Chick tracts talking to you again. Christians seem much more frightened of death than do non-Christians. That's because they know they have not lived up to their part of the bargain, they've tried to do God's job for him, and they've mostly been abusive to those who Jesus told them to walk away from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 3 min Doctor REALITY 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Justise League 853,351
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min razz58 2,621
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min marge 595,764
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min The_Box 100,655
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 612,582
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 6,101
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Seriously__ 5,786
More from around the web