Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#464107 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your beliefs and comfort are not the great concern here; faith in God's Word is the great concern.
if/when we're born again, we literally are born of the Spirit of God and the Spirit is not unrighteous, but He IS Righteousness.
therefore, Righteousness is a gift, not earned, the same as all the other free gifts from God, including grace/forgiveness/salvation, love, peace, joy, holiness/sanctification, faith...etc.
if you don't want to be a pharisee, dear sister, don't believe and act as tho you are:-)
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to make an attempt to answer my original question, or are you simply going to persist at being condescending towards my faith?
It's what he does. He doesn't have to answer anyone's questions, but everyone has to answer him because he has jesus in him. He doesn't have to obey "god's word," because he's got jesus in him and he's forgiven--but everyone else has to obey it. Now he's all pissed off at me because now he doesn't think my avatar is a picture of me, and he might be wanking off to someone else instead of me.

To him, being a christian is to be completely without responsibility; for him, being a christian is continuing to behave like the same pile of slime he was before, only now he has his jesus's blessing.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#464110 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What do my honest questions or height have to do with the scripture you posted?
Just a Catcher drive-by, checking it out.

Hiiiiii to you and others here that I know. I see, looking forward, that Kaitlyn is here. Hiya Kaito.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464111 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an easy way to justify hatred, murder and torture of anyone who disagrees with them.
"Agree with me or I will kill you!" is a common religious theme.
Scare tactics and violence have always been a means of conquering the unwilling and those who do not believe as someone else does. The Abrahamic religions are famous for it.

I just hope that I live to see a day when this is not the method used. I hope that I live to see a day when the way a person lives as an example of the peace they claim is the conversion method. But I don't think I will. I think it will still take many decades (especially in this country!) to get past the teachings of fear, the undermining of women and minorities, and the abuse of children etc.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464112 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....gulp...hhiiiiii kait!
is this a seriously a pic of you? not that i think you're lying, but could you send me one like it only holding a sign that says 'hi waaasssuuup'?:)
Or she could just make a sign saying 'Creepy Christian' and put it up.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464113 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
adultery = sin/offensive-and-selfish-beha vior
don't do the crime if you can't do the time - baretta & wasup
There, fix it for ya.
Waassie thinks adultery is okay. He asks other women to have sex with him right here in public after claiming to be married, and bisexual. I wonder if he is also on the homosexual threads trying to get a date.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464114 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't know that joking around on the www is adultery!
you must be having gay sex right now too then!
According to the Bible you haven't read, thinking of another woman in the way you do Kait is the same as actually having sex with her. In other words, it IS adultery. If you commit it in your mind, and put it in writing, it's adultery. Maybe you should actually read that book you claim to believe in.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464115 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:28
Thinking lustful thoughts is the same as adultery.
Read the Bible much?
Evidently not.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464116 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't receive you telling me what my God says i should do anymore than you receive me telling you what rupaul says that you should do.
get it?
You don't receive what your Bible tells you to do. You were only being told what your Bible says, not what Wilderide says. I know you don't know the difference due to the fact that you haven't read the Bible and don't even believe the parts you do know by rote recitation of the few verses you've been taught by some fundamentalist creep. It couldn't have been a pastor who knows the Bible. It had to be a fundamentalist creep.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464117 Jun 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 22
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
So... Which one is he breaking?
When you quote this to a non-Christian, why do you not follow it yourself?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464118 Jun 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
You ain't his brother and you ain't his neighbor.
You are the devil.
Wonder what Jesus says about devils...
What does he tell you to do as a follower? How does he tell you to behave towards those who do not believe and those who are your enemies. Maybe you should be studying your Bible and learning those things, practicing those things, and being the light Jesus would want you to be rather than being a dark, horrible representative of him.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464119 Jun 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
That's right!
Get outta my way, or get run over.
Where did Jesus say this?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464120 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY so bud-out!
or if you prefer, everytime you presume on my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father, i'll presume on your supposed personal gay relationships.
Your words and deeds show how you don't follow the teachings of Jesus. No one is presuming anything. They don't have to. Your words here show exactly how you slap Jesus in the face every time you post.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464121 Jun 19, 2013
bONGO wrote:
<quoted text> wildrice the san fran cisco treat, Are you now an accuser of the bretheren? Do you reject God because of the way some Christians behave? If the judgement turns out to be a realty for you after your demise, do you think you have a valid claim\excuse before God? Is the basis for salvation merely belief regardless of a mans faults?
Do you think you will have a valid excuse for blatantly denying God by your words and actions? I suggest you read over your own posts here and start writing out your excuses and memorizing them if the judgment is a reality.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464122 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
for the last time - the serpent (and friends) don't get to interpret and dictate our relationship. i.e., i do what Jesus did with the smarmy one:
satan (in his pathetic accusatory, effiminate & whiney voice) "if you're really the Son of God, then you should do blah blah (whiney - hypocritical) blah blah blah..."
Jesus (as Master and in control of the universe) "get behind me satan (ya lil puke stain)"
People don't have to 'interpret' your words here. They are plain and clear. You speak out of both sides of your mouth, claiming on the one hand to follow Jesus and on the other doing everything but that.

Where did Jesus ever call anyone 'ya little puke stain' or denigrate a person in any way? Where did he tell you to do that as a method of bringing people to believe in him?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464123 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i think rupaul is the face of GAY and therefore he/she is your Jesus. you hurt him/her when you're ashamed of him/her.....:(
You believe that homosexuality is a sin yet you claim to be bisexual and watch RuPaul. Wow! I think you're really confused about yourself.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464124 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you calling yourself righteous?"
YES!
"For some reason I thought that is something we can only attain once we are in heaven"
the "some reason" you're referring to did NOT come from the Holy Bible!
"unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees (the DOGS, WILDERIDES, KAITS...ETC) you will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven" Jesus
Claimed Christians eating their own.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#464125 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you G. Can I ask your opinion on “Just choose to believe”? Do you think that belief is simply a choice or that it is a gift (or a calling if you will)? This is something that I have been pondering for a while now. Some say if you just choose to believe in Christ that you are a Christian - others say - that if you receive the gift of faith from God that you are a Christian. I am not saying that one or the other is correct, I just wonder as there is a big difference between the two IMO. Let me put it this way. If an atheist is open to receiving Christ if a personal message is given to them by God, yet they have as of yet to receive said message….are they truly in the wrong for not simply believing? Also I am at a loss in understanding how one would just make a choice to believe in something that they do not find to be true? I don’t mean to put you on the spot, I would just like to know your (and other folks if they would like to contribute) opinion on this.
Here is an article you might like to read on gifts of the spirit: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-...

Faith (belief) is one of the gifts of the spirit. Here is the description of what that is (by Ron R Ritchie)

Also, there is a list of the 'fruit of the Spirit' listed in Galations 5: 22-23

Love
Joy
Peace
Longsuffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-Control

These are the things, which when non-Christians see them in a person, lead them to think a person truly has something special bestowed upon them and wish to know more about how they came to show these traits in the tumult of everyday life. These are the things missing in those who preach loudly but show no peace, faithfulness, gentleness or self-control. Sadly, those preaching the loudest are usually those lacking the fruits of the spirit.

Just my opinion.
Rosa Winkel

Franklin, NC

#464127 Jun 20, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Claimed Christians eating their own.
Ex-Christians melting down.
Rosa Winkel

Franklin, NC

#464128 Jun 20, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Here is an article you might like to read on gifts of the spirit: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-...
Faith (belief) is one of the gifts of the spirit. Here is the description of what that is (by Ron R Ritchie)
Also, there is a list of the 'fruit of the Spirit' listed in Galations 5: 22-23
Love
Joy
Peace
Longsuffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-Control
These are the things, which when non-Christians see them in a person, lead them to think a person truly has something special bestowed upon them and wish to know more about how they came to show these traits in the tumult of everyday life. These are the things missing in those who preach loudly but show no peace, faithfulness, gentleness or self-control. Sadly, those preaching the loudest are usually those lacking the fruits of the spirit.
Just my opinion.
Thanks for finally providing the proof that you are truly an ex-Christian.
duststorm

League City, TX

#464131 Jun 20, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Scare tactics and violence have always been a means of conquering the unwilling and those who do not believe as someone else does. The Abrahamic religions are famous for it.
I just hope that I live to see a day when this is not the method used. I hope that I live to see a day when the way a person lives as an example of the peace they claim is the conversion method. But I don't think I will. I think it will still take many decades (especially in this country!) to get past the teachings of fear, the undermining of women and minorities, and the abuse of children etc.
Is that your argument you will put forth on Day of Judgment?
Lord, there were so many others who were such sinners and hypocrites, child abusers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Ice Man 42,525
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Robert F 989,875
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 37 min Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Robert F 690,612
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 43 min Johnny 59
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 47 min European Historian 158
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 53 min Johnny 649
More from around the web