Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#464061 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your beliefs and comfort are not the great concern here; faith in God's Word is the great concern.
if/when we're born again, we literally are born of the Spirit of God and the Spirit is not unrighteous, but He IS Righteousness.
therefore, Righteousness is a gift, not earned, the same as all the other free gifts from God, including grace/forgiveness/salvation, love, peace, joy, holiness/sanctification, faith...etc.
if you don't want to be a pharisee, dear sister, don't believe and act as tho you are:-)
Are you going to make an attempt to answer my original question, or are you simply going to persist at being condescending towards my faith? I find it interesting that in my original post I told you point blank that I was at fault for not understanding where you are coming from.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#464062 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
are you trying to live by the example that rupaul sets for you? it's important for you to be gay, right?
RuPaul isn't my savior, nor does RuPaul claim to be one.

For someone who supposedly loves Jesus so much, you go out of your way to avoid what he supposedly said. Why is that?

San Francisco

#464063 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to make an attempt to answer my original question
Come on, you should know waaaasup better than that. The guy can't maintain an adult discussion beyond one or two exchanges. All he does is bob and weave, and stalk women. All in the name of Jesus, of course.
RogerThat

AOL

#464064 Jun 19, 2013

BIBLE ID's Upright believers VS worldly believers

http://youtu.be/xmaemV5ONUA

Ann Arbor, MI

#464065 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, you should know waaaasup better than that. The guy can't maintain an adult discussion beyond one or two exchanges. All he does is bob and weave, and stalk women. All in the name of Jesus, of course.
Hello Wilderide, its good to see you posting here again. I still have hope for a respectful discussion with him….we almost had one going some time back, not sure exactly what happened <<shrugs>> I might have asked to many questions, as I have been known to do ;)(I know that it can be frustrating at times) Now on top of my original question that I asked about personal accountability, I am trying to understand his claim of being righteous. I understand the concept of being righteous in faith, but I wonder where he sees the line when it comes to righteous and self-righteous. Unfortunately some folks seem to take my questioning as insult, so they don’t take the time to actually answer me….
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464066 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Of all the people on Topix that call themselves Christian, I can only count a few as following the teachings of Jesus. You are one of the few. The majority seem to be more interested in escaping judgement for NOT following the teachings of Jesus.
Always good to read your words.
please. There are only three people in your precious little chat room at the moment.
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#464067 Jun 19, 2013
Cherianne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, how come you have two locations one in Knottsville, TN and one in Potts Point Australia?
Because the Tennessee troll's back.
Rosa Winkel

Byron Bay, Australia

#464068 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
And... I'm gay!
Very good, OutRage.

Ann Arbor, MI

#464069 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
please. There are only three people in your precious little chat room at the moment.
Since you are here….may I ask why you are? You know scripture, as you posted some to me…so what do you hope to gain by being here? Some insight? Understanding a bit more about diversity when it comes to beliefs/ideas? Are you a Christian?

Ann Arbor, MI

#464070 Jun 19, 2013
Excuse me Rosa, I apologize. I said that you posted scripture to me but I was in error. It was “Gut Annihilator” I was thinking of, but my question still stands ;)

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#464071 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rosa, good to read you :) I think that it is a powerful gospel myself. I remember questioning as a child, why would a priest would simply walk by a beaten and dying man? Unfortunately as an adult I now better understand that aspect of it. I hope all is well in your slice of the world.
It's all good thanks. Better now, lol.

It's a bad attitude that the priest had, that a lot of people have. Sometimes the most unlikely people are the ones who will come through.

San Francisco

#464072 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Wilderide, its good to see you posting here again. I still have hope for a respectful discussion with him….we almost had one going some time back, not sure exactly what happened <<shrugs>> I might have asked to many questions, as I have been known to do ;)(I know that it can be frustrating at times) Now on top of my original question that I asked about personal accountability, I am trying to understand his claim of being righteous. I understand the concept of being righteous in faith, but I wonder where he sees the line when it comes to righteous and self-righteous. Unfortunately some folks seem to take my questioning as insult, so they don’t take the time to actually answer me….
Hey NoStress, good to see ya too.

I've tried having a thoughtful and snark-free discussion with him many times, as have others. Sadly, Waaasup is all talking the talk and not walking the walk when it comes to his religion. And I've tried many times to engage him in an honest, interesting, and snark-free discussion about religion, but frankly, I don't think he is mature enough, nor remotely interested. He is far more interested in bringing up homosexuality with me. I suppose a woman would have better luck getting his interest, but then you get the creepy, adulterous crap.*shudders*

I think he is just too immature, both religiously and psychologically. I know that sounds snarky, but it's my honest impression of him.

San Francisco

#464073 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Tennessee troll's back.
I had a stalker troll too once. It was cute. I took it as a compliment. It's kinda fun to have an online pet.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#464074 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a stalker troll too once. It was cute. I took it as a compliment. It's kinda fun to have an online pet.
In a way, it's cool that they try so hard.
:-)
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464075 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is the answer, why do you still have questions?
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464076 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything to keep you from petting under aged children, I guess.

Ann Arbor, MI

#464077 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good thanks. Better now, lol.
It's a bad attitude that the priest had, that a lot of people have. Sometimes the most unlikely people are the ones who will come through.
Agreed :) Thank you for the avatar, it makes telling folks apart a bit easier.
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464078 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so given the above why would someone blame another for not believing then?
Ask the Holy Spirit.

( He's the real expert!)

Or, just get your answers from a stranger... in a CHAT ROOM!

BOZO.
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464079 Jun 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the church that endorses pedophilia.
Atheism has a church now?
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464080 Jun 19, 2013
-481,-482,-483...
Maybe people got tired of the Kait... I mean the "hate"...
Well, same thing... really...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Rosesz 690,356
looking for boyfriend in dubai (Mar '15) 5 min Maxin 2
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 31 min Paul is dead 563
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 45 min Quirky 41,710
our STORE is starting on politics 3 hr zack LE hack 2
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Johnny 12
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 5 hr Paul is dead 103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr another viewer 989,717
More from around the web