Why I’m no longer a Christian
Rosa Winkel

Murfreesboro, TN

#464026 Jun 19, 2013
-321,-322,-323...

Momentum. Chutzpah. Mojo.
Cherianne

South Africa

#464027 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad there are gay men. That means the Wassys of the world have to watch their a$$es...too.
Hi, how come you have two locations one in Knottsville, TN and one in Potts Point Australia?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#464028 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the shift from the teachings of Jesus "If they don't want to listen to you then walk away." to Paul "If even an Angel from God disagrees with us they are accursed."
The way the latter is done is to claim personal divine authority and truth for themsleves by invoking "The Holy Spirit" for themselves (and only themselves) and proclaiming all who disagree with them to be worthy of death and eternal torture.
A truly hate filled and egotistical lot.
Never thought of it quite like this. I have always believed that people are placed in my life for a reason. I don’t mind, and truly appreciate people that (respectfully) disagree with me. It tends to make me look at things from a different perspective. You and I don’t agree when it comes to most of what we believe (simply based on reading your posts here), yet I don’t ever recall a time when you have been disrespectful to me about my beliefs. To be honest, I only remember one or two posters on here (that were not of my own faith) to be disrespectful to me. It floors me when I read a Christian brandish their faith as a weapon against others on here. It reads a bit bipolar to me when someone is trying to convey the “Good Word” with malicious intent against others.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#464029 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Good Samaritan, hey. That's the best one of all those gospel stories IMO.
Hello Rosa, good to read you :) I think that it is a powerful gospel myself. I remember questioning as a child, why would a priest would simply walk by a beaten and dying man? Unfortunately as an adult I now better understand that aspect of it. I hope all is well in your slice of the world.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#464030 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think RuPaul and Jesus are peers, then you are even more stupid than I thought.
i think rupaul is the face of GAY and therefore he/she is your Jesus. you hurt him/her when you're ashamed of him/her.....:(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#464031 Jun 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence that your "satan" exists? So far, same amount as that supporting your god as well, in other words, no evidence at all.
you don't believe in rupaul? he's a narcisist just like his father the devil. if you've seen rupaul, you've seen the devil:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#464032 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know how you think Jesus would view some of the things you say to others on here. I fail to see how one could look up to what you believe via your posts. It is my own personal understanding that a Christians walk with Christ should give a living testimony of what their faith brings to them….. I am not saying this to be mean. I simply do not understand where you are coming from. How is belittling another on here teaching others about your own personal walk with Christ? I am not saying that a Christian should attempt to be perfect….no one is. As I said, I am just trying to understand where you are coming from here. What are Christians personally held accountable for in your opinion when it comes to how we as individual Christians treat people with different beliefs/ideas?
i'm detecting some judgment from you and you know as well as i do what Jesus says about judging others! if you think you're being 'nice' and earning your way into heaven by being the quintessential 'christian' because you encourage the wicked and challenge the righteous, you're wrong, no-stress!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#464033 Jun 19, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You reject your savior's Ten Commandments while commanding all non-believers to obey them--and you try to call *me* a hypocrite.
YES - i'm calling you a hypocrite AND a liar cuz that is NOT a pic of you!:(

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#464035 Jun 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad there are gay men. That means the Wassys of the world have to watch their a$$es...too.
That assumes anyone would be interested, which I seriously doubt.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#464036 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i think rupaul is the face of GAY and therefore he/she is your Jesus. you hurt him/her when you're ashamed of him/her.....:(
You might think many things, but that doesn't mean you are correct. RuPaul doesn't claim to be a savior of gay people, for one thing.

So since RuPaul doesn't represent all gay people, are you implying that Jesus doesn't represent all Christians? Nothing Jesus said applies to you? Interesting.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#464037 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YES - i'm calling you a hypocrite AND a liar cuz that is NOT a pic of you!:(
Oh, so now you think you are Barney Fife? LOL!

Aim high Waaasup, aim high.

ROTFLMAO!

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#464038 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know how you think Jesus would view some of the things you say to others on here. I fail to see how one could look up to what you believe via your posts. It is my own personal understanding that a Christians walk with Christ should give a living testimony of what their faith brings to them….. I am not saying this to be mean. I simply do not understand where you are coming from. How is belittling another on here teaching others about your own personal walk with Christ? I am not saying that a Christian should attempt to be perfect….no one is. As I said, I am just trying to understand where you are coming from here. What are Christians personally held accountable for in your opinion when it comes to how we as individual Christians treat people with different beliefs/ideas?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm detecting some judgment from you and you know as well as i do what Jesus says about judging others! if you think you're being 'nice' and earning your way into heaven by being the quintessential 'christian' because you encourage the wicked and challenge the righteous, you're wrong, no-stress!:)
So asking you to explain where you are coming from is judgmental of me? I am sorry if my being a nice person offends you. I am not attempting to earn my way to heaven, as I couldn’t even if I wanted to. How am I encouraging the wicked? Are you calling yourself righteous? For some reason I thought that is something we can only attain once we are in heaven…..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#464039 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Never thought of it quite like this. I have always believed that people are placed in my life for a reason. I don’t mind, and truly appreciate people that (respectfully) disagree with me. It tends to make me look at things from a different perspective. You and I don’t agree when it comes to most of what we believe (simply based on reading your posts here), yet I don’t ever recall a time when you have been disrespectful to me about my beliefs. To be honest, I only remember one or two posters on here (that were not of my own faith) to be disrespectful to me. It floors me when I read a Christian brandish their faith as a weapon against others on here. It reads a bit bipolar to me when someone is trying to convey the “Good Word” with malicious intent against others.
Agreed.

Of all the people on Topix that call themselves Christian, I can only count a few as following the teachings of Jesus. You are one of the few. The majority seem to be more interested in escaping judgement for NOT following the teachings of Jesus.

Always good to read your words.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#464040 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You might think many things, but that doesn't mean you are correct. RuPaul doesn't claim to be a savior of gay people, for one thing.
So since RuPaul doesn't represent all gay people, are you implying that Jesus doesn't represent all Christians? Nothing Jesus said applies to you? Interesting.
it's very unbecoming when gays are ashamed of and deny other out-spoken and flamboyant gays.

rupaul loves you, wilderide!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#464041 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So asking you to explain where you are coming from is judgmental of me? I am sorry if my being a nice person offends you. I am not attempting to earn my way to heaven, as I couldn’t even if I wanted to. How am I encouraging the wicked? Are you calling yourself righteous? For some reason I thought that is something we can only attain once we are in heaven…..
"Are you calling yourself righteous?"

YES!

"For some reason I thought that is something we can only attain once we are in heaven"

the "some reason" you're referring to did NOT come from the Holy Bible!

"unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees (the DOGS, WILDERIDES, KAITS...ETC) you will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven" Jesus

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#464042 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you calling yourself righteous?"
YES!
"For some reason I thought that is something we can only attain once we are in heaven"
the "some reason" you're referring to did NOT come from the Holy Bible!
"unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees (the DOGS, WILDERIDES, KAITS...ETC) you will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven" Jesus
The Bible says I am a God and the Son of God.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#464043 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Of all the people on Topix that call themselves Christian, I can only count a few as following the teachings of Jesus. You are one of the few. The majority seem to be more interested in escaping judgement for NOT following the teachings of Jesus.
Always good to read your words.
Thank you G. Can I ask your opinion on “Just choose to believe”? Do you think that belief is simply a choice or that it is a gift (or a calling if you will)? This is something that I have been pondering for a while now. Some say if you just choose to believe in Christ that you are a Christian - others say - that if you receive the gift of faith from God that you are a Christian. I am not saying that one or the other is correct, I just wonder as there is a big difference between the two IMO. Let me put it this way. If an atheist is open to receiving Christ if a personal message is given to them by God, yet they have as of yet to receive said message….are they truly in the wrong for not simply believing? Also I am at a loss in understanding how one would just make a choice to believe in something that they do not find to be true? I don’t mean to put you on the spot, I would just like to know your (and other folks if they would like to contribute) opinion on this.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#464045 Jun 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you calling yourself righteous?"
YES!
"For some reason I thought that is something we can only attain once we are in heaven"
the "some reason" you're referring to did NOT come from the Holy Bible!
"unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees (the DOGS, WILDERIDES, KAITS...ETC) you will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven" Jesus
It is my belief that one only truly knows that they have been righteous in Gods eyes, upon judgment day. It would make me extremely uncomfortable to consider myself more righteous than anyone else in life. It would also make me uncomfortable to call another out for being judgmental while at the same time calling other people “Dogs”.
Gut Annihilator

Los Angeles, CA

#464046 Jun 19, 2013
-422,-423,-424...

Peddle hate.

And, pedal faster.
Gut Annihilator

Los Angeles, CA

#464047 Jun 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you G. Can I ask your opinion on “Just choose to believe”? Do you think that belief is simply a choice or that it is a gift (or a calling if you will)? This is something that I have been pondering for a while now. Some say if you just choose to believe in Christ that you are a Christian - others say - that if you receive the gift of faith from God that you are a Christian. I am not saying that one or the other is correct, I just wonder as there is a big difference between the two IMO. Let me put it this way. If an atheist is open to receiving Christ if a personal message is given to them by God, yet they have as of yet to receive said message….are they truly in the wrong for not simply believing? Also I am at a loss in understanding how one would just make a choice to believe in something that they do not find to be true? I don’t mean to put you on the spot, I would just like to know your (and other folks if they would like to contribute) opinion on this.
You sure do wonder... and ponder... a lot.
Try the word of God. Not some strange, self-confessed blasphemer in a scuzzy chat room...

ROMAN 8

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

More Than Conquerors

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Huh 982,358
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 8 min Guy from Latonia 11
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min swampmudd 7,805
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Clearwater 123,807
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Michael 681,924
Baiting Up Email For Scamming 6 hr Resist the urge 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr onemale 286,558
More from around the web