Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#462053 May 29, 2013
Joe dugooder wrote:
Jesus is the answer.
Wwwnewdrivewaypaving.com
Why do you use Jesus' name to spam? That is not right!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462054 May 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So was I.
:o)
The true essence of Spirit is unknown in its origin.
Try getting him to tell you when his soul was created.
Didgit

Knoxville, TN

#462055 May 29, 2013
Goddess of Death wrote:
<quoted text>
Tunafish taco! Oozing with yeast discharge and crabs NOT out of a pair of Victoria Secret crotchless but out of a real honest to god pair of granny bloomers. Watched Steph take a meat shower, too.
I'm gonna be sick the rest of the day...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462056 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're working on that so you're part is "take the board out of your own eye before trying to remove" my sliver.
let's cut to the chase, shall we?
are you a sincere seeker or are you a determined scoffer?
One can be a sincere seeker and still scoff at things that are irrational and people who choose to remain ignorant.

You are scoffed at because you choose to be intentionally ignorant.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#462057 May 29, 2013
Goddess of Death wrote:
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to say hello on another thread, bit you ignored me...?
Here you go.. IM SORRY! lol
Start over? You are kinda funny...:)
<quoted text>
How very christian of you; jesus would be proud.
What would your wife think? Oh, wait; you don't care about *her,* do you? Adultery in the heart isn't a violation of your jesus's commandments if you're a christian, right?
how about it if you let me worry about what i do and in turn i won't concern myself when you shave a beavis so you can get a better seal when you suck it?;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#462058 May 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> One can be a sincere seeker and still scoff at things that are irrational and people who choose to remain ignorant.
You are scoffed at because you choose to be intentionally ignorant.
why do you always seek to hurt me when i've stood with you and your family in your times of need?
Didgit

Knoxville, TN

#462059 May 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Try getting him to tell you when his soul was created.
BAM!

Psalm 139

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

John 4
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said,“I know that Messiah”(called Christ)“is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared,“I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462060 May 29, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Truth be known ... Bro. Clownie the Anointed is praying for you two losers. "God, please help those lost, dazed and confused heathen, atheists, who are taking up our quality space, and breathing our air on this beautiful planet. Yes, touch them with Your magnificent grace, and at least let them be able to tie their own shoes, and, drink their baby formula without spilling it on their mommy's clean floors. And, last but not least, please don't let them get on Topix and continue to make fools outta them goofy selves...
Your humble servant Bro. Clownie The Anointed One
Matthew 6:1-34 ESV / 91 helpful votes

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward....

Matthew 6:6 ESV / 61 helpful votes

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 6:5 ESV / 50 helpful votes

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

According to your own Bible, you are not humble. You are preaching publicly so that people will think you are righteous. Little do you know that people see you as anything but righteous, but just someone who hasn't read their own Bible and someone who sees himself as better than others because of his indoctrinated dogma.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462061 May 29, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>waaasssuuup! have you noticed we christian brothers can whip these knuckle dragging pumpkin head atheist, with one hand tied behand our backs???? I have
Shy do you continue to talk to your sock self? Oh, right. You can't get anyone else to agree with you. Never mind.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462062 May 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
A poster requested a timeout for prayer for the tornado victims... Here ya go...
Dear Lord, First, I want to thank you for the many blessings that you have shown believers, and non-believers unaware.
Second, I would also like you to help those people that are in dire need of food, comfort, shelter and
compassion. Please Lord, help the folks who have lost loved ones, and some that are still missing...
I ask humbly that you do a mighty works over this devistated area, and that your love will guide the volunteers that have given their time to help those in need...
Lord, you said if two or more are gathered in my name it shall be done... I am going to hold you to this, because I believe...
Matthew 18:19
1611 King James Version of Matthew 18:19.
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
I SL pray all these things in Jesus name... Amen
* If others will pray this as well, this will be very powerful in helping them...
Matthew 6:1-34 ESV / 91 helpful votes

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward....

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

You could have just said 'I did as you asked'.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462063 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you always seek to hurt me when i've stood with you and your family in your times of need?
It seems you did it only for a payoff. Evidently you don't know it's the right thing to do whether someone agrees with you or not. This is just another example of your lack of understanding of the teachings of Jesus.
Didgit

Knoxville, TN

#462064 May 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It seems you did it only for a payoff. Evidently you don't know it's the right thing to do whether someone agrees with you or not. This is just another example of your lack of understanding of the teachings of Jesus.
You understand just enough about Jesus to crucify Him daily. Shame on you.

Hebrews 6
4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[c] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462065 May 29, 2013
Didgit wrote:
<quoted text>
BAM!
Psalm 139
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
John 4
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
25 The woman said,“I know that Messiah”(called Christ)“is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”
26 Then Jesus declared,“I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”
Sorry, you evidently do not understand these scriptures.

There is one you could have used that would have been more appropriate, but you missed it.

Nowhere does the Bible say WHEN souls were created. You've failed the test once again.
Didgit

Knoxville, TN

#462066 May 29, 2013
What kind of hate does it take to publicly crucify an innocent man every single day of your life, watah_blimp?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#462067 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how about it if you let me worry about what i do and in turn i won't concern myself when you shave a beavis so you can get a better seal when you suck it?;)
The ugliness of fundamentalist Christianity at work.

Evidently you're jealous, so you just say let you do as you please but don't bother to correct you when you're acting like a jackass as above.

That's the way of fundies.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#462068 May 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 6:1-34 ESV / 91 helpful votes
You could have just said 'I did as you asked'.
Noted...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#462069 May 29, 2013
&#1489;&#1493;&#15 11;&#1512; &#1496;&#1493;&#14 89;, &#1513;&#1502;&#14 97;&#1501; &#1494;&#1512;&#14 97;&#1495;&#1492; &#1500;&#1499;&#15 00;!:)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images...

In Hebrew it means...
Good morning, A heavenly sunrise for all!:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#462070 May 29, 2013
... Sorry, the 'Hebrew did not appear... Oh well, Good morning anyway!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#462071 May 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
... Sorry, the 'Hebrew did not appear... Oh well, Good morning anyway!
It's cool... I speak HTML entity (which is what the hebrew showed up as) as well :)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#462072 May 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ...
Nowhere does the Bible say WHEN souls were created...
Depends on what you mean by "Soul".

The word in Genesis translated into English as "Soul" is Nephesh which means "living creature". The word Nephesh is used to describe humans AND animals. The English versions fraudulently make a distinction of nephesh calling it "Soul" for humans and "living thing" for animals.

The English Bible is, in short, a POS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Orwellian War on Skepticism 2 min Desirezzzz4251 2
Quote of the Day: There's No Such Thing as Fact... 5 min Charm7665 2
Do muslim women cheat? (Apr '15) 9 min BonBon6156 14
cheating lying,married woman (Jan '13) 13 min Glitter3844 7
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 16 min Cookie8739 191
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 20 min Shakez5251 54,092
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? (Nov '14) 24 min Squirtss3086 26
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr karl44 87,900
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 665,126
The Future of Politics in America 2 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Dolly6807 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Spank9090 977,198
More from around the web