“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#459930 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Then I'll roll it out of the hangar and you can have all the time you need to install it. Feel free to install any other updates you feel would be advantageous. And...thanks.
I've thought of time travel, too, but that's a bit more complicated...
Huh

Hermitage, TN

#459931 May 6, 2013
http://www.tm.org/blog/enlightenment/jesus-ch...

Jesus was once asked when the kingdom of God would come. The kingdom of God, Jesus replied, is not something people will be able to see and point to. Then came these striking words:ďNeither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.Ē(Luke 17:21)

With these words, Jesus gave voice to a teaching that is universal and timeless. Look into every great religious, spiritual, and wisdom tradition, and we find the same precept ó that lifeís ultimate truth, its ultimate treasure, lies within us.

As Jesus made unambiguously clear, we can experience this inner treasure ó and no experience could be more valuable.ďBut seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,Ē he declared,ďand all these things shall be added unto youĒ(Matthew 6:33). From this interior plane of life, he is saying, we will gain all that is needful.

Aristotle
This inner treasure of life has had many names. Plato refers to it as the Good and the Beautiful, Aristotle as Being, Plotinus as the Infinite, St. Bernard of Clairvaux as the Word, Ralph Waldo Emerson as the Oversoul. In Taoism it is called the Tao, in Judaism Ein Sof. Among Australian aborigines it is called the dreamtime, among tribes of southern Africa Hunhu/Ubuntu. The names may differ, but the inner reality they point to is one and the same.

In every case, itís understood that this inner, transcendental reality can be directly experienced. This experience has likewise been given different names. In India traditions it is called Yoga, in Buddhism Nirvana, in Islam fana, in Christianity spiritual marriage. It is a universal teaching based on a universal reality and a universal experience.

Over the past 20 centuries, leading Christian figures have written extensively on this inner kingdom of God and their personal experience of it. This category of experience forms a vital current in the history of Christianity.
Huh

Hermitage, TN

#459932 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And another typo. Or was that drug/alcohol induced?
Comma fail.
Huh

Hermitage, TN

#459933 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I've thought of time travel, too, but that's a bit more complicated...
You think, Dr. Google?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#459934 May 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it like a headline, botch.
WTF ?

Are you retarded ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#459935 May 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Comma fail.
Yep. You're retarded.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#459936 May 6, 2013

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#459937 May 6, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, you *can't* respond to it. Nothing new there.
<quoted text>
You don't know the meaning of the word "debate." Debate is an intellectual process, and you have told us repeatedly how you hate and disdain intelligence, education, and the truth.
<quoted text>
Don't hurry back.
dear kait,

if coming on blog threads to hate on christians is all you're doing to justify your strega wolf witch membership, you're making a piss-poor one.

better get crack'n to up your worthyness or they should kick you out of the club. either that or you must make a nice contribution to the disrobing ceremonies compared to the other old mud-hens who should probably keep their robes on;)
Huh

Columbia, SC

#459938 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Says the person who just made a typo.
Says the floozie just made a wino.
Huh

Columbia, SC

#459939 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Says the person who just made a typo.
Says the floozie who just made a wino.
Huh

Columbia, SC

#459940 May 6, 2013
Bwahahahahaha!
Huh

Columbia, SC

#459941 May 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF!
I am retarded!
Yes. Yes you are.
Huh

Columbia, SC

#459942 May 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I'm retarded.
Nothing to brag about, dummy.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#459944 May 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
John and Paul were liars.
I prefer Jesus.
Jesus the messiah! my Lord and my GOD

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#459945 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So Jesus lied when he said that? Nice to know you TRULY do not believe a word Jesus said.
Luke 17: 21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Now, some people have changed what he said to 'in your midst' or 'among you' just so they could disagree with Jesus and agree with their preacher. It doesn't change the fact that it's what Jesus said.
But I already knew that almost all Christians make excuses for why they think Jesus didn't say what he actually said and would rather quote Paul who wouldn't have known what Jesus said if Jesus had taught him in person. Paul wasn't interested in what Jesus said (just as you are not) because he was starting a religion (and you are following a religion rather than the teachings of Jesus).
this post is a lie! false teaching

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#459946 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You quote anything but the actual words of Jesus. You take the word of someone who fell off his ass and had a hallucination, someone who was banned to an island because he was probably insane, or anyone else BUT Jesus.
Read the words of Jesus BEFORE he was crucified. That way you'll know what you should believe. Otherwise, you're just following the rantings of a man obsessed with becoming great by creating a religion and the words of someone who was not in his right mind.
But do as you will. The only person you have to answer for is yourself. If you find it easier to follow men rather than the person you claim is God, so be it.
The NT is the word of GOD.. any other is false like new age & the false book of tommy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#459947 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You quote anything but the actual words of Jesus. You take the word of someone who fell off his ass and had a hallucination, someone who was banned to an island because he was probably insane, or anyone else BUT Jesus.
Read the words of Jesus BEFORE he was crucified. That way you'll know what you should believe. Otherwise, you're just following the rantings of a man obsessed with becoming great by creating a religion and the words of someone who was not in his right mind.
But do as you will. The only person you have to answer for is yourself. If you find it easier to follow men rather than the person you claim is God, so be it.
There have always been attacks on the Bible and its acceptance. In the early church about A.D. 140, a man named Marcion instituted the first real controversy. He rejected the majority of the New Testament He believed God rejected Paul and accepted Peter. He threw out Matthew, Mark, and John and made a canon of his own consisting of Luke which he rewrote. There are others today who want to rewrite the Bible, add other books (Gnostic books) or reject some that we already have. There are at least 86,000 quotations from the early church records that believed Paulís writings were part of Scripture. These are found in several thousand Lectionaries that are church-service books. After nearly 1900 years of the canon being established these rebels are causing a lot of confusion.

Paul's scripture's are the gospel of Jesus Christ
Huh

Columbia, SC

#459948 May 6, 2013
I ain't confused. The devil has addled their brains.
Biblio

Columbia, SC

#459949 May 6, 2013
Jesus rocked the Jewish world.
Paul rocked the Gentile world.

You can't even make a ripple in this mudhole of a chatroom.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#459950 May 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You just contradicted yourself and changed Jesus' words to suit what you've been taught to believe.
Changing his words does not make them go away. It just makes you a person who doesn't believe his words.
Why return? Your posts are completely void of anything knowledgeable, or, pertinent to Jesus Christ, or his word the hol bible. Try your luck on a cry-baby thread! You should have better luck with the only thing you have any knowledge of whining Oh, pardon moi ... yours truly forgot about your supreme knowledge of the book of tommy. Anyway, good luck on the goofy threads ... ya hear!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 578,674
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Bongo 817,231
My Mom Is Joining The Adult Film Industry (Jan '13) 39 min Aiesha 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Student 39,935
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,174
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 269,992
Poll have you been completely naked when your home a... 2 hr stemaxgizmo 21
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 609,731
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web