“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#459554 May 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Could the devil be using the net in his burning inferno and going by the name new age??? what a losing combo !!!!!!!!!! LOL
Probably not, but you seem to be in talks with him recently, maybe you should ask him yourself.
Chess Jurist

Richfield, OH

#459555 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"...possibility..."
Much different that claiming he was, goofy.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#459556 May 2, 2013
I Am Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
i am my own Father so of course i love me. I am Jesus, thy Lord and Savior. I command you to love me or burn forever in the lake of fire.
i know Jesus personally and you don't sound like him at all. you sound just like his nemesis the corrupt and spoiled brat lucifer who had it all but couldn't stand it that God was greater than he

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#459557 May 2, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
but what evidence do you have to support your Epistemology?
About TWO CENTURIES of careful study by qualified scholars. You probably should read this:

"The Five Gospels: What Did Jesus Really Say? The Search for the Authentic Words of Jesus"
http://www.amazon.com/Five-Gospels-Really-Sea...

Or this:

"Forged - Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are" by Bart D. Erhman
http://www.bartdehrman.com/books/forged.htm

Of course, there are many more books out there...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#459558 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately so many so-called "Christians" refuse to seek out the truth.

*sighs*

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#459559 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
About TWO CENTURIES of careful study by qualified scholars. You probably should read this:
"The Five Gospels: What Did Jesus Really Say? The Search for the Authentic Words of Jesus"
http://www.amazon.com/Five-Gospels-Really-Sea...
Or this:
"Forged - Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are" by Bart D. Erhman
http://www.bartdehrman.com/books/forged.htm
great is your faith, my son! satan-the-turd-head

#459560 May 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
New Testament
Matthew = Matthew - A.D. 55-70
Mark = John Mark - A.D. 50-65
Luke = Luke - A.D. 60-65
John = John - A.D. 90
Acts = Luke - A.D. 60-65
Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon = Paul - A.D. 50-67
Hebrews = author unknown - A.D. 60s
James = James - A.D. 45-50
1 Peter, 2 Peter = Peter - A.D. 60s
1 John, 2 John, 3 John = John - A.D. 90 (some suggest a pre-A.D. 70 date)
Jude = Jude - A.D. 60
Revelation = John - A.D. 90-96 (some suggest a date prior to A.D. 70)
I believe all these men not some knucklehead on topix LOL called Liam
The only part that you got right is that about 7 of the Pauline letters might actually have been written by Paul, and that Hebrews was written by an anonymous author. Okay, as long as you are not trying to pretend that the hallucination of John was written by one of the disciples, then I suppose we can add that to the list as well.

Illiterate Aramaic speaking peasants do not write lengthy discourses in Greek. If Jesus or anyone in his gang even knew more than three words in Greek, it would be amazing.

Oh, and the good news if that you do not have to believe me, find some reputable scholars and learn something for yourself.

#459561 May 2, 2013
IcePole wrote:
Reason 1 : because many things in Christianity don't make sense, simplest example= God is creator of everything, omniscient-omnipotent, yet God makes mistakes according to bible and even says sorry, creator of everything= he created Good and Evil thats what i understand, but Satan creates evil and God doesn't do anything where God is also love, children suffering babies dying etc. disproves christianity, their holy book is tainted with human words with few sentences being God's word.. perhaps... come on, God decides it's unlawful to eat pork, Jesus sends satan from a dude to pork and kill it or whatever, but then God is like it's alrite i changed my mind u can have bacon? what the hell man can someone explain those?
And this alleged creator of all is incapable of helping His chosen people defeat an enemy just because the enemy has chariots of iron... Judges 1:19

#459563 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, lackwit.
The entire concept of "sin" is imaginary.
And even if "sin" is not imaginary, if we define sin as acting in opposition to the wishes and expectations of the God of the Bible, then I am certainly without sin, as are everyone that is not one of the children of Israel or a convert.

#459564 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
And I've been there.
Still no Grendel, though.
Well, of course not. Grendel (and his mother) were left to rot, not given a proper ceremonial burial.

#459565 May 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Galatians 1:1 撤aul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead
Yes, Paul made that claim. But then, the Rev. Sun made the claim that he was the reincarnation of Jesus, Joseph Smith claims that he found some golden tablets, and Mohammud claimed that the angel Gabriel came down from Allah and dictated the Koran.

#459566 May 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Paul was picked by GOD to preach his gospel! I believe all of Paul's teaching about Jesus Christ my Lord and savior...
The book of Deuteronomy defines how to recognize a false prophet: it is a person who CLAIMS to be from the God of the Bible, yet tells people to not obey the Law - which fits Paul to a tee.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#459567 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of course not. Grendel (and his mother) were left to rot, not given a proper ceremonial burial.
Ah. That explains it.

#459568 May 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If you think Christianity will fall in our lifetime, you're fooling yourself. Now, tell me what has science revealed that proves God doesn't exist?
I want facts, and not those "somewhere over the rainbow" theories that your savior scientists have been feeding everyone on the science channel. It's amazing how those "pie in the sky geniuses" have to choke on their own fantasies after being proven wrong, time and time again. Those bozos are constantly looking for the perfect formula. It's right above them, if only they would take their blinders off and look up! I have to say to you, it's sad reading your rants about God and Christianity. You should really get a pair and toss aside your hatred for Jesus Christ and christians...
The simple fact is that science does not address God, either for or against. Science HAS dis-proven some of the more foolish myths from the Bible, such as the flood tale or the 6 day creation stories, but that does not affect the ability of a rational person to understand that the Bible was NEVER meant to be taken literally. Heck, the flood myth even contradicts ITSELF from one page to the next.

However, "proven false"? I seriously doubt that you can name a single thing that has been shown false in science where the Bible was right in a literal reading. As far as that goes, I doubt that you could find a single flaw in science at all. You would first have to know something about the topic to be able to recognize a flaw...

#459569 May 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately so many so-called "Christians" refuse to seek out the truth.
*sighs*
Well, if they did, then they would not BE christians any more, would they? Christianity and truth - like sodium and water...

#459570 May 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
great is your faith, my son! satan-the-turd-head
Facts replace faith.

#459571 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah. That explains it.
Yeah, just have faith, and everything can be explained...
I Am Jesus

Jacksonville, OR

#459572 May 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know Jesus personally and you don't sound like him at all. you sound just like his nemesis the corrupt and spoiled brat lucifer who had it all but couldn't stand it that God was greater than he
you do not know me personally, you are a liar.

I AM JESUS. I know you not. i defy you to prove otherwise

The Borderland of Sol

#459573 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if they did, then they would not BE christians any more, would they? Christianity and truth - like sodium and water...
Lithium's even more fun...

The Borderland of Sol

#459574 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just have faith, and everything can be explained...
Of course. Like upland fish fossils don't demonstrate plate tectonics, they prove the Flood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Liberal Denial 7 min Omar 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Dave Nelson 774,573
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 559,256
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 7 min bryterlater 64
Obamacare: the thievin' 'hyenna' of healthcare ... 11 min Omar 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Dr_Zorderz 265,052
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min EdmondWA 96,735
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Holy Pure dr Shrink 604,891
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min bad bob 175,586
More from around the web