Why I’m no longer a Christian
Lafdin

Lansdale, PA

#457978 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Why can't Christians just admit the trinity's a crock? Funny story...
This one pentecostal church I went to explained it like this;
"We are made in the image of God and just like we have mind + body + soul, God does too."
There was even a diagram;
God = Mind
Jesus = Body
Holy Spirit = Soul
***
So technically, if Jesus is God, so are all of us, thus the kingdom of God is Within? This part is me talking and that's one of many explanations...LOL
Your explanation makes more sense.
Expert in all Things

Cottonwood, CA

#457979 Apr 12, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Wasss, you're looney, however you are amusing.
...cause that's not our god's style...
Now THAT is really funny.
<quoted text>
No. Especially you.
<quoted text>
You're thinking of Adonis, Aesculapius, and Apollo; and of Alcides of Thebes, the divine redeemer born of a virgin around 1200BCE. Or maybe you're thinking of Hermes of Egypt/Greece, who was born of the Virgin Maia and called “the Logos” because he was the Messenger or Words of the Heavenly Father, Zeus.
The point is, you don't know jack shit about where your "savior" came from. You just like to be an asshole, and pretend you're forgiven for it.
You're not.
You are far from the truth and have not tested any of your claims.

As the resident Expert in all things, I know that the earliest virgin birth claim was in the biblical manuscripts. Adonis never mentions a virgin birth and other myths prior to 600AD have no writings that make that claim.

Now aren't you the fool?
Lafdin

Lansdale, PA

#457980 Apr 12, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
You are far from the truth and have not tested any of your claims.
As the resident Expert in all things, I know that the earliest virgin birth claim was in the biblical manuscripts. Adonis never mentions a virgin birth and other myths prior to 600AD have no writings that make that claim.
Now aren't you the fool?
Which are you, a liar or a moron ?
Expert in all Things

Cottonwood, CA

#457981 Apr 12, 2013
Lafdin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which are you, a liar or a moron ?
I am so F@%& smart that I make smart people feel like they are retarded.

So, present an argument so I can prove you are an idiot!

or get back on the porch with the puppies.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#457982 Apr 12, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
girl, you don't have to join anything, go anywhere or answer to anyone but God and i could lead you to Eternal Life right here & now. do you know any cult like that?:)
How many times has that stupid line worked?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#457983 Apr 12, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
You are far from the truth and have not tested any of your claims.
As the resident Expert in all things, I know that the earliest virgin birth claim was in the biblical manuscripts. Adonis never mentions a virgin birth and other myths prior to 600AD have no writings that make that claim.
Now aren't you the fool?
Obvious troll is obvious. Krishna.
Expert in all Things

Cottonwood, CA

#457984 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Obvious troll is obvious. Krishna.
Are you going to contribute something of substance, or are you going to keep trolling?
Expert in all Things

Cottonwood, CA

#457985 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How many times has that stupid line worked?
Are you going to contribute something of substance, or are you going to keep trolling?
Lafdin

Lansdale, PA

#457986 Apr 12, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so F@%& smart that I make smart people feel like they are retarded.
So, present an argument so I can prove you are an idiot!
or get back on the porch with the puppies.
What is the sound of one hand slapping you silly?
Expert in all Things

Cottonwood, CA

#457987 Apr 12, 2013
Lafdin wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the sound of one hand slapping you silly?
I am so F@%& smart that I make smart people feel like they are retarded.
So, present an argument so I can prove you are an idiot!
or get back on the porch with the puppies.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457988 Apr 12, 2013
Lafdin wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the sound of one hand slapping you silly?
Gut Stomper

Anderson, SC

#457989 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
"000000"
Same as your IQ
Jealousy. It ain't pretty folks.
Gut Stomper

Anderson, SC

#457990 Apr 13, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Monopoly money is as worthless as your life..
More envy and hate, folks. It ain't pretty, is it?
The Truth

Anderson, SC

#457991 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Why can't Christians just admit the trinity's a crock? Funny story...
This one pentecostal church I went to explained it like this;
"We are made in the image of God and just like we have mind + body + soul, God does too."
There was even a diagram;
God = Mind
Jesus = Body
Holy Spirit = Soul
***
So technically, if Jesus is God, so are all of us, thus the kingdom of God is Within? This part is me talking and that's one of many explanations...LOL
Sounds like we are made in his image.

"Let us make man in our image."
The Truth

Anderson, SC

#457992 Apr 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Obvious troll is obvious. Krishna.
Translation: You got pwned.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#457993 Apr 13, 2013
Hagen wrote:
Well, that was... interesting. Can't say I look forward to doing that again but it wasn't awful. Radiologist thinks it's just cysts, so less caffeine and I can get them surgically removed in the future if they start to bother me.
So thank you everyone for the support and well wishes. Ya'll get to put up with me for now. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

glad to hear things are ok.

and it is a pleasure "putting up" with ya!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#457996 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Why can't Christians just admit the trinity's a crock? Funny story...
This one pentecostal church I went to explained it like this;
"We are made in the image of God and just like we have mind + body + soul, God does too."
There was even a diagram;
God = Mind
Jesus = Body
Holy Spirit = Soul
***
So technically, if Jesus is God, so are all of us, thus the kingdom of God is Within? This part is me talking and that's one of many explanations...LOL
Maybe, when modern christers realize that their scriptures are nearly as disharmonious as modern sects of that religion are, they might figure out from whence the discord arises.

Eh, christer?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457997 Apr 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, when modern christers realize that their scriptures are nearly as disharmonious as modern sects of that religion are, they might figure out from whence the discord arises.

Eh, christer?
Stranger things have happened but I wouldn't count on it ;p

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#457998 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Why can't Christians just admit the trinity's a crock? Funny story...
This one pentecostal church I went to explained it like this;
"We are made in the image of God and just like we have mind + body + soul, God does too."
There was even a diagram;
God = Mind
Jesus = Body
Holy Spirit = Soul
***
So technically, if Jesus is God, so are all of us, thus the kingdom of God is Within? This part is me talking and that's one of many explanations...LOL
This is just off the top of my head...so for what it is worth...

I have often wondered about the strong debates on this subject. Why the need for a "trinity"? Yet it is a point of contention among many Christians.

I wonder if some are so adamant about the three in one concept in order to keep the "Jesus" who taught love separate from the "God" of the OT? Two entirely different personalities...yet they are "one".

If you have never read the "The Shack" by Paul Young you might find it interesting reading. I enjoyed the book myself and thought it shed light on the "trinity" thinking. It is a fictional book with a great story line.

http://carm.org/shack
Sam

Anderson, SC

#458005 Apr 13, 2013
Why don't you take a flying fcuk at a rolling donut, you FREE SPEECH DAMNING CENSORING SPIRIT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 8,265
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Aerobatty 879,960
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 3,929
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 603,345
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min who 177,891
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 54 min jimy samwel 527
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,402
More from around the web