Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457176 Apr 6, 2013
LMAO
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#457178 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes I do have proof God exists! God allows Bro.Clownie to spread His truth, knowledge, and wisdom to you lost in the wilderness atheists. Therefore, He didn't take away my internet access, allowing yours truly to keep posting. Now, have yourself a nice day in LALA LAND chasing your shadow ... ya hear!?
Have you ever converted anyone, Klown?
Fact

Paris, KY

#457180 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately I'm not able to "believe" such a frankly outlandish list of tales -- virgin birth, healing lepers, raising the dead, resurrection, etc.-- simply because someone tells me so. If I'm to accept these beliefs, then I need to "feel" something.
<quoted text>
I suspect that I "asked" in the way you're describing at least a hundred times over the years. The unfailing reply --
Nothing whatsoever.
I see only two possible solutions: Either
(1.) God doesn't speak to me for some reason, or
(2.) You're living a fantasy.
I've been asking for years, for the god to help me believe just like everyone else who tells me he is real, and they have seen him!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457181 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because you relinquished your faith to be one with G who is far from God.
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Matt. 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
My faith is private as is Duane's and for you to say such a thing to me, demonstrates that you don't know either one of us very well at all and are judging us based on guesswork. I LOVE God and His Only Begotten Son Jesus. Religion is of the world now, seems to me that it always has been.

How a person I don't even know can feel justified in blindly judging me is part of the reason religion is truly evil. The non Christians were right about you lot. Your post has convinced me. Thank you, I now feel very foolish in having defended Christianity.

"Jesus wept."
Fact

Paris, KY

#457182 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why should you care in the slightest about my religious views?
I cannot possibly imagine.
Several people on topix, though, in the wake of various postings I’ve made on religious subjects, have asked me for an explanation of just how I arrived at my present agnosticism, or atheism, or whatever it is. So rather than answering these various people individually I’ve elected to start this forum and direct the interested parties here.
What follows is nothing more or less than a summary of my personal experiences as a Christian, related about as honestly as I know how to do it. I’m not hoping for contributions, followers, or enlightenment, and I don’t claim it to be momentous or universal or significant to anyone but me. But it is genuine.
Dearth of Couth
I just can't read thru 432,000+, posts, and when I jump to the last posts, your comments aren't there....soooo, as of 2013, do you still feel the same way? You are incredibly tolerant, calm cool and collected.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457184 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Sad that. Eternity is a long time.
So, you made a sock just to bash me? A bit cowardly don't you think? Yes, eternity without God would be heart breaking torture. Perhaps if you start actually following Jesus instead of men, you might not suffer that consequence.

Mark 7:6-7
"Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

'These people honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'

'You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.'"
Jesus

+++++++

I'm going to believe the words of Jesus, not yours or anyone else's.
Bill in Buffalo

Los Angeles, CA

#457185 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Sad that. Eternity is a long time.
Amen that.
Bill in Buffalo

Los Angeles, CA

#457186 Apr 6, 2013
I live in a penthouse apt in a downtown high rise. Glass outer walls give an impressive view. Spectacular storms, gorgeous sunsets. You live in the basement. By choice. Satan has decorated your place with beautiful pictures. I call you up. "Man, you have got to come up and see this!" You say, "No thanks, I'm good." "But, the view!", I say. "View's fine.", you reply.

Ok.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457188 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is anyone that believes in Christ as a Savior. You cannot separate yourself from that. Either you believe or you don't. Either you are or aren't. That is not judging. I gave you scripture based on your post. This is a debate forum not the Dating Game.
Here's what topix has to say about your post here:
Topix is a forum to discover and discuss what you want about the people, places and things that matter to you. We encourage the free exchange of views and opinions. Try to be interesting. It would be easier on all of us if you were polite. If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix.
You may wish to think on that.
I can do as I please and answer only to God, not you or any other self righteous, judgemental human. Religion is not necessary in order to reach "The Kingdom Within". I am a part of The Lord our God and He is a part of me. Do not presume to know my heart.

Dating game? Because I met someone online when I was not expecting it? If I was looking for a date I would go into a dating site in my own country. So whilst you are pelting big @$$ stones at me, what of Jesus? Do you even care what HE had to say about judgement? I will never be ruled by Rome. Ever.

I was broken and lonely and just healed and The Lord sent me an Angel. You are cruel and clueless.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457191 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as vain as G. I would never take time to make a sock just for someone else. I can't even imagine thinking something so narcissistic. Are you sure you're not a sock of G's? Stepford Wives comes to mind.
You change your mind about your faith with the direction of the wind. You are on shifting sands. If your faith is personal then you shouldn't post about it if you don't want others opinions. You seem to not be able to grasp the purpose and intent of a forum.
Eph. 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
That is why we are not to be one with disbelievers. You are living proof what happens. Only those that care about you such as me would not wish to see that happen.
“If you don’t change the direction you are going, then you’re likely to end up where you’re heading…” &#8213; John C. Maxwell
2 Cor. 11: But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Be one? More guesswork. If I was 'being one' with Duane, I would not be here reading your hypocrisy LeLe. You gave yourself away with 'narcissistic'. Also, you say all the same things, with the addition of scripture. Get over it, whatever your problem with me is. Carrying resentment and anger around in your heart is a heavy burden.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457192 Apr 6, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasssuuup is one of those "christians" who tells himself that he can do whatever he wants because he's "forgiven." I'm sure you've noticed that he expects *us* to live by a set of rules that *he* refuses to live by.
He's such a putz.
Yeah... I've had worse.
Bill in Buffalo

Los Angeles, CA

#457199 Apr 6, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't read thru 432,000+, posts, and when I jump to the last posts, your comments aren't there....soooo, as of 2013, do you still feel the same way? You are incredibly tolerant, calm cool and collected.
And dead as fcuk.
Bill in Buffalo

Los Angeles, CA

#457200 Apr 6, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
My "Kaitlin" account got banned; I recently posted that I now officially hate christianity, and I guess that was just too much for the christian fuckstains that run Topix. Anything can be hated, except evil christianity.
<quoted text>
Same here. But I had a backup account, and here I am again; fat lot of good it did them, eh? Come to think of it, I'd better create *another* backup, in case this one gets canned.
Confessions of aChristian hating Topix addict.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#457201 Apr 6, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
No, Clownie.
You're not that important.
Or even that interesting.
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. We're supposed to take the word of a scampering juvenile buffoon like you on that?
I understand why you like christianity so much; it allows you to hate as much as you please.
you're the GRAND POOBAH of hate

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#457202 Apr 6, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote from your Book of Lies all you want; it will never be anything other than a book of lies.
Lets see am I gonna believe the bible the holy word of GOD? or some bimbo on topix!?? Hmmmm Im going with the bible not the dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#457203 Apr 6, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote from your Book of Lies all you want; it will never be anything other than a book of lies.
So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." --Romans 10:17. The bible is the holy word of God! why are you afraid of it?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#457204 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith is private as is Duane's and for you to say such a thing to me, demonstrates that you don't know either one of us very well at all and are judging us based on guesswork. I LOVE God and His Only Begotten Son Jesus. Religion is of the world now, seems to me that it always has been.
How a person I don't even know can feel justified in blindly judging me is part of the reason religion is truly evil. The non Christians were right about you lot. Your post has convinced me. Thank you, I now feel very foolish in having defended Christianity.
"Jesus wept."
You should never feel foolish about what you believe or don't believe. We all search for what makes sense to us...what resonates at any given time in our lives. I do not regret all the years that I spent following the Christian faith. It is the basis of my current beliefs and have influenced the path that I travel. If I had not traveled that path I would not be where I am now.

As we grow and mature so should our beliefs...how we see things. Our experiences have a direct bearing on where our path will end. Often it changes...sometimes completely...sometimes it just varies and we "see" a new way of looking at things.

Foolish??? The only thing foolish is not standing for what you believe in and not keeping an open mind. Foolish is just believing what everyone else expects you to believe.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#457205 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." --Romans 10:17. The bible is the holy word of God! why are you afraid of it?
I doubt if anyone is afraid to read the words that you claim are the words of God. Where fear might come in is how some of you choose to use them...how they are manipulated in to something entirely different than what they mean. Even then I would not call it fear...at least not how you are thinking.

I would bet money...no one fears any words that come from you "T"...you keep repeating yourself so often that no one pays any attention anymore.

On behalf of you...

You have written me a couple of posts that I truly believe came from your heart...sad that you don't do that very often...

Oh well...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457206 Apr 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>You should never feel foolish about what you believe or don't believe. We all search for what makes sense to us...what resonates at any given time in our lives. I do not regret all the years that I spent following the Christian faith. It is the basis of my current beliefs and have influenced the path that I travel. If I had not traveled that path I would not be where I am now.

As we grow and mature so should our beliefs...how we see things. Our experiences have a direct bearing on where our path will end. Often it changes...sometimes completely...sometimes it just varies and we "see" a new way of looking at things.

Foolish??? The only thing foolish is not standing for what you believe in and not keeping an open mind. Foolish is just believing what everyone else expects you to believe.
Thank you Annie <3

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#457207 Apr 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if anyone is afraid to read the words that you claim are the words of God. Where fear might come in is how some of you choose to use them...how they are manipulated in to something entirely different than what they mean. Even then I would not call it fear...at least not how you are thinking.
I would bet money...no one fears any words that come from you "T"...you keep repeating yourself so often that no one pays any attention anymore.
On behalf of you...
You have written me a couple of posts that I truly believe came from your heart...sad that you don't do that very often...
Oh well...
I love you Annie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min PELE78 866,008
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min who 272,463
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Lbj 2,102
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min karl44 600,201
Christianity is fading away... 1 min I am out 16
clean black, green,stampcurrency.black dollar,e... (Jan '13) 1 min Amber rose 3
Bad Contractors Montreal (Sep '08) 9 min Watchout Consumers 7
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr Malcolm 46
More from around the web