Why I’m no longer a Christian
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457163 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The unsaved often want a "sign" from God. This is in spite of the testimony of creation....
And your testimony of creation is...?
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457164 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you Bro Clownie but you seem meaner lately....
That's because Mr. Clown's facade is melting.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457165 Apr 6, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because Mr. Clown's facade is melting.
That makes me sad.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457166 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The poor ole dummy, mac will be whining like the little tittie baby he is when Judgment Day comes around. "Oh, Lord, I - I - I was just kidding. I'm not a real atheist! I - I - I just pretended to be an atheist, you know, to fool that mean ole devil... why didn't I listen to Bro. Clownie
With you as an ambassador, Your lord would have pardoned him without even a trial .

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#457167 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
Brill. I was sincerely gobsmacked at discoverin' how much dosh the fekin' chuggers make. Fekin' biffos the lot o' em. It is all gobshite spouted for the control of the people 'o the times, aye. Now I pray to my bar man for my whiskey. Dosh well parted that.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457168 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes me sad.
LOL
He better hurry and return his costume before he gets charged for damages.

Location hidden

#457169 Apr 6, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
With you as an ambassador, Your lord would have pardoned him without even a trial .
Fekin' clowns aye? You not be of the chuggers none?

Location hidden

#457170 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes me sad.
Awaken 'im then and quit your caterwaulin' on 'ere, iffeen I was with a man today I'd be not here I'd be boldin'aye.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457171 Apr 6, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
He better hurry and return his costume before he gets charged for damages.
LOL... thanks high beam :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457172 Apr 6, 2013
Vevany wrote:
<quoted text>
Awaken 'im then and quit your caterwaulin' on 'ere, iffeen I was with a man today I'd be not here I'd be boldin'aye.
Huh?
Fact

Winchester, KY

#457173 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaveheart:
I didn't take the trouble to reply to you earlier because I could tell that, as you mention, you hadn't taken the time to read my (admittedly long) posts.
There are no apologies or forgiveness required, though. You don't owe me anything.
Peace.
Interesting, dearthofcouth, it is 2013 now, and after reading your posts, getting interested then losing them then trying to find them again, I to felt the same way in my church as a child. I was babtized at 11, and now being a lot older, I still don't understand. I to have trouble believing just because others say to...I really want to, but, I am not a bad person, yet these horrible people have better lives. Long story short...I am going to finish reading the posts, OMG there are 432,000+. Thank you
Huhgayhuh

Los Angeles, CA

#457174 Apr 6, 2013
Vevany wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. An IRISH sockpuppet...
Huhgayhuh

Los Angeles, CA

#457175 Apr 6, 2013
Where is Black Thunder?

Dialect Wars!

If fen u no wat I b sayn!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457176 Apr 6, 2013
LMAO
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#457178 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes I do have proof God exists! God allows Bro.Clownie to spread His truth, knowledge, and wisdom to you lost in the wilderness atheists. Therefore, He didn't take away my internet access, allowing yours truly to keep posting. Now, have yourself a nice day in LALA LAND chasing your shadow ... ya hear!?
Have you ever converted anyone, Klown?
Fact

Winchester, KY

#457180 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately I'm not able to "believe" such a frankly outlandish list of tales -- virgin birth, healing lepers, raising the dead, resurrection, etc.-- simply because someone tells me so. If I'm to accept these beliefs, then I need to "feel" something.
<quoted text>
I suspect that I "asked" in the way you're describing at least a hundred times over the years. The unfailing reply --
Nothing whatsoever.
I see only two possible solutions: Either
(1.) God doesn't speak to me for some reason, or
(2.) You're living a fantasy.
I've been asking for years, for the god to help me believe just like everyone else who tells me he is real, and they have seen him!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457181 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because you relinquished your faith to be one with G who is far from God.
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Matt. 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
My faith is private as is Duane's and for you to say such a thing to me, demonstrates that you don't know either one of us very well at all and are judging us based on guesswork. I LOVE God and His Only Begotten Son Jesus. Religion is of the world now, seems to me that it always has been.

How a person I don't even know can feel justified in blindly judging me is part of the reason religion is truly evil. The non Christians were right about you lot. Your post has convinced me. Thank you, I now feel very foolish in having defended Christianity.

"Jesus wept."
Fact

Winchester, KY

#457182 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why should you care in the slightest about my religious views?
I cannot possibly imagine.
Several people on topix, though, in the wake of various postings I’ve made on religious subjects, have asked me for an explanation of just how I arrived at my present agnosticism, or atheism, or whatever it is. So rather than answering these various people individually I’ve elected to start this forum and direct the interested parties here.
What follows is nothing more or less than a summary of my personal experiences as a Christian, related about as honestly as I know how to do it. I’m not hoping for contributions, followers, or enlightenment, and I don’t claim it to be momentous or universal or significant to anyone but me. But it is genuine.
Dearth of Couth
I just can't read thru 432,000+, posts, and when I jump to the last posts, your comments aren't there....soooo, as of 2013, do you still feel the same way? You are incredibly tolerant, calm cool and collected.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457184 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Sad that. Eternity is a long time.
So, you made a sock just to bash me? A bit cowardly don't you think? Yes, eternity without God would be heart breaking torture. Perhaps if you start actually following Jesus instead of men, you might not suffer that consequence.

Mark 7:6-7
"Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

'These people honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'

'You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.'"
Jesus

+++++++

I'm going to believe the words of Jesus, not yours or anyone else's.
Bill in Buffalo

Los Angeles, CA

#457185 Apr 6, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Sad that. Eternity is a long time.
Amen that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 641,910
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min scavenger 2,020
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min janeebee 18,715
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Nohweh 38,718
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 23 min USA-1 38,438
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min Annaleigh 104,768
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 970,111
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr LAWEST100 44,457
More from around the web