Since: Dec 08

Reno

#456910 Apr 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.
I don't believe you!
See how it works?
Your "belief" has no bearing on reality sweet pea. When will you learn this?
Huh

Los Angeles, CA

#456912 Apr 4, 2013
Hagen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "belief" has no bearing on reality sweet pea. When will you learn this?
Oh... How sweet, honey.
I personally feel sorry for retarded people, darling.
So, since you're so obviously mentally handicapped, does that mean I should patronize YOU now, sugar pie?

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#456913 Apr 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... How sweet, honey.
I personally feel sorry for retarded people, darling.
So, since you're so obviously mentally handicapped, does that mean I should patronize YOU now, sugar pie?
Well, at least you know truck stop lingo sugar tits.
I wouldn't call you retarded though. That's degrading to the mentally handicapped.
duststorm

League City, TX

#456914 Apr 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It was massively entertaining.
How many angels can dance on what again?
ROFL
Discerner said that he does not believe in a hell which goes on forever. His idea of hell is a place from which one can escape after a decent amount of time.
The doctrine of hell contains the idea of everlasting torment and burnings. There is no escape, and there is no merciful end to hell.

It followed that if Discerner does not believe there is a permanent, punishing hell awaiting unbelievers, then what reason would he have to get on this thread and accuse them?
Lumpy

Los Angeles, CA

#456916 Apr 4, 2013
Hehehe...
Leave it to Beavis!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#456917 Apr 4, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
A true sign of mixture between judaism, christianity, and paganism.
I just love those Greeks...lol
Yup.

Good to see you.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#456923 Apr 4, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Mr. Clown admits to the concept of polytheism but refuses to admit it.
There have been times I nearly liked Clownie.

Then, there's now.

The Borderland of Sol

#456924 Apr 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Discerner said that he does not believe in a hell which goes on forever. His idea of hell is a place from which one can escape after a decent amount of time.
The doctrine of hell contains the idea of everlasting torment and burnings. There is no escape, and there is no merciful end to hell.
It followed that if Discerner does not believe there is a permanent, punishing hell awaiting unbelievers, then what reason would he have to get on this thread and accuse them?
Wait, what?

You're only well-behaved because you fear endless torture?

Jesus, it must suck to be you.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#456925 Apr 4, 2013
Yannia wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can be nothing else, I can be honest. Also, I am not a believer because I have been indoctrinated. I am a believer because of my EXPERIENCE when I dared God to show Himself to me if He was real. Woah! Sometimes it still blows my mind.
LOL*snort*

The Borderland of Sol

#456926 Apr 4, 2013
Just moved in to a new apartment.

I have SIX TV/Internet hookups.

Five of them don't work.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#456927 Apr 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL*snort*
Hey Daddy... saw this and thought of you...:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/hooplakidz...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#456928 Apr 5, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Daddy... saw this and thought of you...:)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hooplakidz...
Thanks. She likes Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, or she has gas, or maybe both.

Wanna see a pitcher?
http://t.co/ES6DKvUrlx

We are enjoying ourselves.

Become the Walking Dead here.
http://www.deadyourself.com/walkers
Huh

Shelbyville, TN

#456929 Apr 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Just moved in to a new apartment.
I have SIX TV/Internet hookups.
Five of them don't work.
Sounds like county lockup, to me.
But, you're used to that, huh?
Huh

Shelbyville, TN

#456930 Apr 5, 2013
Artemis_Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone told you to believe that when you were an impressionable and terrified young child. Why do you try to pass that on to others? Is it because you want company in your terror and misery?
Someone told me that you were full of shit, too.
Lucky that in both cases there is plenty of evidence that both are true.
God exists and you are full of shit.
Yannia

Washington, DC

#456931 Apr 5, 2013
Batholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Why should anyone else be compelled to believe because of your hallucination? Aren't you curious why this manifestation took on the prevailing form of your expectations?
I never said people should believe because of my experiences. I said I BELIEVE because of my experiences - and it's more than just one too. Anyhow, you are absolutely free to believe as you see fit. I just pray that it doesn't cost you your soul in the end. Finally, I find it more than ironic that MEN blame God for what is their fault. Happens all the time. We make the decisions that make our life good / bad / indifferent and are the ONLY speciies intent on destroying ourselves. Just check out our "home" for now - the EARTH? Who is doing a darn thing to preserve it? Very few. It's like sh*tting in your own bed and pushing it to the bottom with your feet. Disgusting.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#456933 Apr 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Chess Jurist wrote:
Parts of Thomas may date to the first century and be as early as any canonical gospel.
Judas not so much.
I believe most date it's text -- not the single surviving copy -- to the 2nd century. I believe the surviving copy dates to the 4th century.
I may be wrong.
<quoted text>
Hi high neam and CJ.
CJ has it pretty much aligned.
GoThomas - by some scholars do date it as the earliest gospel. Others think that it may a source for Luke as well, due to the many similar uses of the Thomas sayings. This has not been confirmed, although IMO - it is very likely.
As for GoJudas, the earliest talk on this non-canonical text is 180 CE by Iraneaus in "Against Heresies", so we know it was in circulation at least at this point.
And yes, the current and only known copy is a true ancient text, and a date has been established by the Natnl Geographic team:
"Tests on five separate samples from the papyrus and the leather binding date the codex to sometime between A.D. 220 and 340."
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2006/05/jud...
This only proves that this edition is of a later origin. It doesn't prove that the document was not in existence prior to 180 CE.
This is a major problem with tenents of belief - people place their faith with men and their decisions, instead of understanding the words spoke by many different men from different cultures and utilizing those statements to achieve success in "salvation".
"Others think that it may a source...."

those of us who know God understand it to be subversive & satanic propoganda.

a new age/mystic occultist thinks he's an authority on the Word of God which he's rejected, HOW???

stick to crystals, tarrot cards and other nonsense, pal, and those of us who love God will talk truthfuly of God;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#456934 Apr 5, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't the author of Hebrews ever mention the virgin birth?
the author of Hebrews, The Holy Spirit, DOES speak of the virgin birth, only not specifically in His book of Hebrews although the whole of the message is all about JESUS, who was born of a virgin;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#456935 Apr 5, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians made the bible Jesus a god.
Jesus never did, not even his apostles.
what other 'human' do you know who was born of a virgin, ruled the wind and the waves, cast out every devil He encountered with a word, healed every afflicted person He encountered, turned water to wine raised the dead...etc???:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#456936 Apr 5, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Without Rome you would not have partaken the body of christ.
Rome is the >godfather< of christianity.
hon, you're correct to resent how rome attempted to hijack and subvert christianity, but it did NOT succeed and i'm living proof;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#456937 Apr 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the author of Hebrews, The Holy Spirit, DOES speak of the virgin birth, only not specifically in His book of Hebrews although the whole of the message is all about JESUS, who was born of a virgin;)
You realize that according to your religion, "Hebrews" was written by Paul, right ?

Do you even know what "Hebrews" is ?

I didn't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Darwins Stepchild 880,050
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 3 min Rainbow Kid 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min karl44 8,269
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Robert F 603,383
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min gentlepplpleaser 177,894
How to do a threesome!! 19 min TPedro 5
News Belichick: Long injury list linked to Super Bow... 19 min Fart news 20
The Christian Atheist debate 43 min messianic114 3,934
More from around the web