Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

love_turd wrote:
<quoted text>
it happens all the time. heck christurds do it to other christurds, if they leave one brand of christerdom and go to another.
i remember it happening when i was a kid. my mom and some of her friends left the baptist church and started a "full gospel" church. families that had been friends for decades suddenly wouldn't talk to people because they left one church and went to another.
wtf difference did it make? still believed in christian god right????
i also remember my mom making fun of JWs with her friends. I remember my dad putting his foot down and telling her to knock it off.
pitiful

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not afro. Brazilian father with Incan and Mayan heritage German mother. Why?
no reason, just wondering from your picture:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True, He asked Judas to play an important part in His life and Judas reluctantly did God's Will.
you're goofy! it's what happens when you reject God's wisdom....

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lost friends that had known me for years when I actually finally said, "I'm atheist". The "friends" usually responded something like "well, we know you aren't religious, but you believe in a god, right?...some sort of a god or higher power..."
I don't rue the loss.
No, I do, since I counted them as a friend, no matter that they were theist, Democrat, vegetarian, whatever the term, but they suddenly they saw me as some sort of thing to shield themselves, kids and such from.
I was still the same old me I'd ever been.
On the flip side, many theist friends I did retain, and there is no issue at all. Real friends.
You wanna know who your friends are or may be?
Tell them you are atheist.
That isn't an issue any longer, I let it be known up front.
I am sorry that happened to you. From my perspective the hardest thing for me to come to terms with was the simple idea of no belief in God. I know it probably sounds like a simple concept….but it wasn’t for me. I have a very eclectic group of people in my life…from family to friends. Christians, atheist’s, an aunt that passed was Wicca, a Jewish godfather……I think because of the environment my parents raised me in, I don’t look at different beliefs/opinions as wrong - just different, and simply not right for me.

My husband and I went through a very difficult time in our lives. We decided to move from N.C. to Florida with our young children, for a fresh start the year that four hurricanes came through. We lost everything in the second storm.(long story short) His aunt stopped by just to tell us face to face that if we knew God, we would not have lost our home. As a Christian he had just lost his mother to cancer, had two small children just made homeless, and an aunt that’s only help was the advise that if we knew God, somehow our house would have miraculously survived a storm that took out the neighborhood (looked like a war zone). Straw that broke the camels back I guess you could say, he had already been questioning his beliefs at that point. My husband is now an atheist.

It was a long and difficult road for him, we went through a lot as a couple while he found himself as well. To be honest as he was working through things, I found a lot more out about my own faith. We have now moved back to Michigan due to my parents health issues. When my father asked my husband why he does not come to church anymore, my husband told him simply “I‘m an atheist“. My fathers response was simply “huh…when did that happen?” and “let me know if you ever need to just talk.” That was it. My mom looked a bit distressed during the conversation to be honest, but she does not treat him any different. When folks on here first read it I tend to get the whole “yoked” thing tossed at me….I have read it all, even one Christian questioning my abilities as a mother. <<Shrugs>>

1 Corinthians 7:13-15
New International Version (NIV)
13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

It is my honest opinion that we only hurt ourselves by not trying to understand other beliefs/opinions. I have some incredible people in my life that would not be in it, if I chose not to leave it to God.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who created hate ?
hate (i.e., holy indignation) can be a good attribute when directed correctly. but, "the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God" (James), therefore man produces the wrath of man (i.e., inaproppriate hate;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't talking about "God", but of Jesus.
And no, Jesus didn't force anyone to do the things you think they did.
“But you will exceed all of them. For you will sacrifice the man that clothes me.
Already your horn has been raised,
your wrath has been kindled,
your star has shown brightly,
and your heart has […].[57]
“Truly […] your last […] become [—about two and a half lines missing—], grieve [—about two lines missing—] the ruler, since he will be destroyed. And then the image of the great generation of Adam will be exalted, for prior to heaven, earth, and the angels,
that generation, which is from the eternal realms, exists. Look, you have been told everything. Lift up your eyes and look at the cloud and the light within it and the stars surrounding it. The star that leads the way is your star.”
Their high priests murmured because [he] had gone into the guest room for his prayer. But some scribes were there watching carefully in order to arrest him during the prayer, for they were afraid of the people, since he was regarded by all as a prophet.
They approached Judas and said to him,“What are you doing here? You are Jesus’ disciple.”
Judas answered them as they wished. And he received some money and handed him over to them.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
"The star that leads the way is your star."
- you should learn to understand this statement by Jesus.
"We weren't talking about "God", but of Jesus"

THIS is our whole unreconcileable problem; Jesus IS my God!

"if you've seen Me, you've seen the Father; I and the Father are One" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm far from being confused.
If you had read this book, you will realize that there are too many unresolved paradoxes associated to "God" that literally shows that there isn't any god that is in this world.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Paradox-God-Science...
As for your statement above....
"He's wise enough to cause all things to work according to His plans."
I also recently posted this response on another forum, which sort of puts this false belief into a better perspective:
If you believe that "God" does cause things to happen in this world, then you will be able to choose one of these possibilities and show proof it applies.....
Since numerouw people have been killed , "in His name", "He" is an accomplice to murder - against "His" own commandment.
--OR--
You can refer to men had free will when they killed, as we do today, thus "God" had stepped back from the games, but still enjoyed watching how others first killed other humans in "His name, and then praised "Him" when they succeeded in killing hundreds or thousands of innocent people. And "He" accepted these crimes as just.
--OR--
You can look at these paradoxes and view that "God" really hasn't any control over anyone in this plane of existence. Therefore, men have killed innocent men, in which "God" allowed it to occur, because "God" cannot access this domain.
- more than common is the response that I have rcvd from so-called "Christians" when I've given this statement to them. They like to immediately lean on, "that is because Satan rules this world".
+ which actually collapses their omnipotence and their "God has a plan for everything" theory. Because, if "Satan" is in control, "God" either knows about it and allows it to happen, or "God" likes to have "Satan" in control of "His children", because he doesn't care or can't access them.
Do you think "God" or men have killed innocent people?
why would i read antigod propoganda when i can read directly from...well...my God???

yeah....you are definitely one confused hombre....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he?
Not according to the oldest source.
The Judas myth is an excellent example of the mythmaking of early Christianity.
I wrote about it in a little more detail a while back. I called it:
Growing Up Iscariot
http://xcntrik.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/growi...
you're just another in a long line of dummies who think their smarter than God and who will become worm food all the while God's people will continue to preach the Gospel!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
... God didn't create the hate in ...
<quoted text>
I love it when others are concise in the fact that their response totally destroys a so-called "Christian's truth" of "God controls everything."
Thus meaning, "God" causes hate to happen. Why?
One would think, if a god did have control over all happenings, as waaasssuuup wants to believe - that a god would promote only love, and intervene on all the bad and evil things happening. Unfortunately, it hasn't turned this way.
Thanks for proving yet again the falseness of a man-made doctrine written in illiterate times by unintelligent people who only wanted to control other people.
"Christian's truth" of "God controls everything."

i'm NOT of the opinion that God "controls" everything. i'm of the opinion that God gives us free will and simply wants to win our hearts through His Goodness.

i'm of the opnion that devils and their human counterparts would like to control everything, as demonstrated on these threads.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You were gullible when nanoanalboy put up an avatar of some hot chick and claimed it was him.
does this mean you're still my lil hottie?

let's not fight over me, nano can be hot too:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeeesh!
Another ancient scripture that the christians think pertains to their prophecy. When will it stop.
Thank you, sir.
<quoted text>
That's just a story, assie; just a story.
those trekkie-like tales you wiccans spin around bonfires....THEMS the ridiculous stories;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. It's something one does to appease others, not Law, that is basically my whole point. Plagiarism laws do not yet cover public Internet forums. It is not something I do and was a mistake yes, but no crime or theft was committed. I hope this is clear. I also hope other new posters don't ever get called thieves if they make a mistake, one that is not, in fact, a crime. Theft is a crime, punishable by Law.
<quoted text>
Except you didn't coin it.
are you autistic hon, and is that why you can't understand sarcasim?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>hey gay cruiser - wrong site!:)
who the F else puts a pic of their shirtless torso on the internet???
<quoted text>
I tried that; Topix wouldn't allow it. So I put up a picture of the Venus de Milo instead; they wouldn't allow that, either.
Prudes.
you can try sending pics of yourself to me thru PM and i promise not to criticize you're naked bod:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with that. If it was boobs you'd love it. Hush bro.
<quoted text>
It's not a "religious" debate forum. How is it "religious" when people come here to explain why they are *no longer* christian?
Or why they wouldn't want to be christian?
because people like me who care really know that they're just cries for help:)

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You, like most people, are probably surrounded by many people who won't reveal many things but play the role expected by family and friends.
One can never know everything about a person. I would honestly feel distress if one of my family or friends felt that they could not be honest with me about what they believe/think. I can’t imagine the feeling of having to play a role for others, instead of living life.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Hagen wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy savior on a stick? Is that kosher?
Any who, I hope Jesus sees his shadow on Sunday. COME ON SPRING TIME!!!
<quoted text>
I repeat: Fertility rituals scheduled for Saturday night and all day long Sunday throughout the entire Pagan community! There's a reason why two fertility symbols--rabbits and eggs--are so popular on Easter.
i understand how the roman empire sought to paganize christianity thru mixing all their pagan junk with truth, but it never did work on 'peeps' like me;-)

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
One can never know everything about a person. I would honestly feel distress if one of my family or friends felt that they could not be honest with me about what they believe/think. I can’t imagine the feeling of having to play a role for others, instead of living life.
It happens a lot luv....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually, I never said any of that; you made up my stats in your own horny little mind. What I had told you was that I'm a 34-C, 5'8" and 115 pounds. I don't measure my ass; I'm always afraid of bad news.
115 lbs and 5'8"; i'm guessing that your ass can't be too big. besides, i like sum junk in the trunk and bounce to the ounce;)

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Chaumette wrote:
Who cares???
I do.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens a lot luv....
~sigh~ I wonder if it has to do with self-respect, or a lack of care and empathy from others in ones life? Sorry, just thinking out loud in print ;O)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 430,721 - 430,740 of440,846
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Aerobatty 680,593
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min number four 217,124
Legal marajuana is an act of rebellion against God 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
Gay Snapchat Names 23 min gbtm1 1,355
The REAL reason the White House won't deport Ju... 28 min Doctor REALITY 1
The REAL reason the White won't deport Justin B... 32 min Doctor REALITY 1
Dirty pictures 34 min Raynman7 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Henry 512,266
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Xbobstax 266
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr danetoo 109,734
•••
•••
•••