Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#457147 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I think you wanna have waaaaaasup's child...
Well, there's you're problem right there -- you're trying to think.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#457148 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you got that right
Yup.

And you can take that to the bank.
Huh

Greeneville, TN

#457149 Apr 6, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rough...I hate censorship.
Now, this is funny.
Huh

Greeneville, TN

#457150 Apr 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Over four decades ago, and I still remember it fondly.
Your first night in jail?
Huh

Greeneville, TN

#457151 Apr 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
And you can take that to the bank.
Insufficient funds.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#457152 Apr 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
No, Clownie.
You're not that important.
Or even that interesting.
The poor ole dummy, mac will be whining like the little tittie baby he is when Judgment Day comes around. "Oh, Lord, I - I - I was just kidding. I'm not a real atheist! I - I - I just pretended to be an atheist, you know, to fool that mean ole devil... why didn't I listen to Bro. Clownie

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#457153 Apr 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, Clownie.
What you have is folklore and anecdotes.
Not evidence.
If you - or anyone else - provides real evidence for a deity, I will of course have to consider re-thinking.
Provide proof, and I will of course have to believe in that deity.
If it's the Abrahamic one, I'm joining the Resistance.
Yes, yes I do have proof God exists! God allows Bro.Clownie to spread His truth, knowledge, and wisdom to you lost in the wilderness atheists. Therefore, He didn't take away my internet access, allowing yours truly to keep posting. Now, have yourself a nice day in LALA LAND chasing your shadow ... ya hear!?
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457154 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I know you hate Jesus Christ, Paul, and christians everywhere... including Bro. Clownie! we all love you G...even if I were to throw a beating on that @ss!! I would still love you...ya hear me boy
You're Dumb!
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457155 Apr 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the pieces indeed do fit! God hides precious truth not FROM us but FOR us, other wise if it were easily visable & common it wouldn't be 'precious'.
do you have something better that you could share with the class?:)
Yes I do.

I would like to share that your post is one of the most idiotic and imbecillic ones that I have ever encountered.

However, I'm not really that surprised.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457156 Apr 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so God used rome like he used egypt, babylon...etc; so what?
In what way did the Hebrew mountain god you worship, or at least think that you do, have any influence over the Egyptian and Babylonian Empires?

On the contrary, it was the other way around.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457158 Apr 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we know that you're 52 on top but we don't know what kinda junk you got in yur trunk;)
That's correct, and you never will.
:D
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457159 Apr 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! ya know, boom boom (may i call you boom boom?), i don't know why we're fighting when we could be doing funner things;)
Only in the figment of your own imagination.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457160 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your teeth are yellow! plus I bet you hadn't had any water on that cooter in weeks!!! PEEE-U... YO BIG NASTY
You're Dumb
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457161 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, all six atheists (now down to two or three) on this Topix thread, who proclaim that they are in the majority of American thought and knowledge. A New World Order of non-believers of God. Those poor fools are totally dazed and confused, and completely lost in the wilderness of dumb @ss. But, God in His Infinite Glory, sends Bro.Clownie the Anointed with Heavenly Wisdom & Knowledge, to save the pathetic bozos from complete destruction. And you know how Bro.Clownie the Anointed doesn't mix weak, delirious, delusional thought with God's universal knowledge and wisdom. Praise be to God!
Yea Jesus
ROLL TIDE
GO CUBS GO
The circus is over clownie, you can now remove your mask.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457162 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Where is Kailin, when you need her? these chumps are to easy! no skills/game.. these guys are like wrestling midgets..
Bro. Clownie is off to another thread looking for talent. can't ever have no fun no more...
But yet, you have never, in my 5 weeks of presence here, answered honestly a sole question that was presented to you.

Of course there are no game skills and talent, that's because you're playing in your own mind.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457163 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The unsaved often want a "sign" from God. This is in spite of the testimony of creation....
And your testimony of creation is...?
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457164 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you Bro Clownie but you seem meaner lately....
That's because Mr. Clown's facade is melting.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#457165 Apr 6, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because Mr. Clown's facade is melting.
That makes me sad.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#457166 Apr 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The poor ole dummy, mac will be whining like the little tittie baby he is when Judgment Day comes around. "Oh, Lord, I - I - I was just kidding. I'm not a real atheist! I - I - I just pretended to be an atheist, you know, to fool that mean ole devil... why didn't I listen to Bro. Clownie
With you as an ambassador, Your lord would have pardoned him without even a trial .

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#457167 Apr 6, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
Brill. I was sincerely gobsmacked at discoverin' how much dosh the fekin' chuggers make. Fekin' biffos the lot o' em. It is all gobshite spouted for the control of the people 'o the times, aye. Now I pray to my bar man for my whiskey. Dosh well parted that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min bad bob 183,607
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Pegasus is a pus sy 285,942
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Gabriel 979,269
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Elerby 92,252
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min RiccardoFire 46,035
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,516
Waiting to pee 3 hr Tallguy95 1
More from around the web