Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#455556 Mar 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind, Lu. I can't imagine any of the girls on this thread lifting their shirts when Whasssup's around.
LOL... Yep, not going to happen.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#455557 Mar 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Judas had a role to play. But ever since, his name is synonymous with snitch.
Yeah, it's sad, he didn't want to and then felt so guilty.

Since: Jul 08

Fenton, MI

#455558 Mar 29, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You first, dude; go back to school and GET AN EDUCATION.
I second the motion.

Fenton, MI

#455559 Mar 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
Here's an Easter joke that suits this thread:
Top Ten Reasons That Beer Is Better Than Jesus:-
1) No one will kill you for not drinking beer.
2) Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
3) They don't force beer on minors who cannot think for themselves.
4) Beer has never caused a major war.
5) When you have a beer you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
6) Nobody has ever been burned at the stake, hanged or tortured over a beer.
7) You don't have to wait 2000 years for a second beer.
8) There are laws saying beer labels cannot lie to you.
9) You can prove you have a beer.
10) If you are devoted to beer then there are groups who can help you stop.
from http://morticom.com/jokesjesus.htm
Funny.

Fenton, MI

#455560 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"See my avatar? That's me!! Trust me, I wouldn't lie"
so was i gullible to think i was talking to the hottie with the 34-24-32 figure looking over her foster grants?:(
Creepy Christian stalker.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#455561 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you're confused.
God doesn't force anyone to be betray Him (through new age-ism or otherwise), but He's wise enough to cause all things to work according to His plans.
so, God didn't create the hate in the haters nor the greed in the judas' of the world, but they can serve as a contrast to show forth His Goodness;)
We weren't talking about "God", but of Jesus.

And no, Jesus didn't force anyone to do the things you think they did.

“But you will exceed all of them. For you will sacrifice the man that clothes me.
Already your horn has been raised,
your wrath has been kindled,
your star has shown brightly,
and your heart has […].[57]
“Truly […] your last […] become [—about two and a half lines missing—], grieve [—about two lines missing—] the ruler, since he will be destroyed. And then the image of the great generation of Adam will be exalted, for prior to heaven, earth, and the angels,
that generation, which is from the eternal realms, exists. Look, you have been told everything. Lift up your eyes and look at the cloud and the light within it and the stars surrounding it. The star that leads the way is your star.”

Their high priests murmured because [he] had gone into the guest room for his prayer. But some scribes were there watching carefully in order to arrest him during the prayer, for they were afraid of the people, since he was regarded by all as a prophet.
They approached Judas and said to him,“What are you doing here? You are Jesus’ disciple.”
Judas answered them as they wished. And he received some money and handed him over to them.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

"The star that leads the way is your star."
- you should learn to understand this statement by Jesus.

Fenton, MI

#455562 Mar 29, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. It's something one does to appease others, not Law, that is basically my whole point. Plagiarism laws do not yet cover public Internet forums. It is not something I do and was a mistake yes, but no crime or theft was committed. I hope this is clear. I also hope other new posters don't ever get called thieves if they make a mistake, one that is not, in fact, a crime. Theft is a crime, punishable by Law.
Strawman.

You have never been accused of a crime.

You've been accused of plagiarism -- literary theft.

Albuquerque, NM

#455563 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you're confused.
God doesn't force anyone to be betray Him (through new age-ism or otherwise), but He's wise enough to cause all things to work according to His plans.
so, God didn't create the hate in the haters nor the greed in the judas' of the world, but they can serve as a contrast to show forth His Goodness;)
I'm far from being confused.

If you had read this book, you will realize that there are too many unresolved paradoxes associated to "God" that literally shows that there isn't any god that is in this world.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Paradox-God-Science...

As for your statement above....
"He's wise enough to cause all things to work according to His plans."

I also recently posted this response on another forum, which sort of puts this false belief into a better perspective:

If you believe that "God" does cause things to happen in this world, then you will be able to choose one of these possibilities and show proof it applies.....

Since numerouw people have been killed , "in His name", "He" is an accomplice to murder - against "His" own commandment.

--OR--

You can refer to men had free will when they killed, as we do today, thus "God" had stepped back from the games, but still enjoyed watching how others first killed other humans in "His name, and then praised "Him" when they succeeded in killing hundreds or thousands of innocent people. And "He" accepted these crimes as just.

--OR--

You can look at these paradoxes and view that "God" really hasn't any control over anyone in this plane of existence. Therefore, men have killed innocent men, in which "God" allowed it to occur, because "God" cannot access this domain.
- more than common is the response that I have rcvd from so-called "Christians" when I've given this statement to them. They like to immediately lean on, "that is because Satan rules this world".
+ which actually collapses their omnipotence and their "God has a plan for everything" theory. Because, if "Satan" is in control, "God" either knows about it and allows it to happen, or "God" likes to have "Satan" in control of "His children", because he doesn't care or can't access them.

Do you think "God" or men have killed innocent people?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#455564 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. it's amazing stuff, milk maid...er...high beams and it would do you good to pay attention;)
Did he?

Not according to the oldest source.

The Judas myth is an excellent example of the mythmaking of early Christianity.

I wrote about it in a little more detail a while back. I called it:

Growing Up Iscariot
http://xcntrik.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/growi...

Fenton, MI

#455565 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this post inspired me to coin a new phrase (patent pending): "may the punishment fit the crime" waaasssuuup 3/29/13;)
Outside the academic world, unless the act represents something else as well, such as breach of contract, infringement, fraud, etc.-- the punishment normally is simply tarnishing one's reputation -- and that fits the deed usually.

When the act represents something else as well, the "punishment" usually is civil liability for damages and/or loss of employment if an employer is affected or termination of a contract in instances where the act violates a contractual clause.

If the plagiarism also represents intentional copyright infringement for a profit, it may, in rare instances, result in criminal liability. Though all of the above element are not required for criminal prosecution of infringement, it normally does not otherwise happen.

I am not aware of any laws specific to plagiarism in the US. Usually if not always, in the US at least, it also has to represent something else as well for criminal sanctions to attach. It was, however, according to Bart Ehrman in his book on Christian forgeries sometimes treated as a crime in antiquity, usually when it somehow offended a ruler.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#455566 Mar 29, 2013
Pagiarism is not a law, it is an academic rule. While it is nice to cite other people's words in common communications it is rarely done and there is no law against it and it is not theft in the legal sense of "theft".

Albuquerque, NM

#455567 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:

... God didn't create the hate in ...
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who created hate ?
I love it when others are concise in the fact that their response totally destroys a so-called "Christian's truth" of "God controls everything."

Thus meaning, "God" causes hate to happen. Why?

One would think, if a god did have control over all happenings, as waaasssuuup wants to believe - that a god would promote only love, and intervene on all the bad and evil things happening. Unfortunately, it hasn't turned this way.

Thanks for proving yet again the falseness of a man-made doctrine written in illiterate times by unintelligent people who only wanted to control other people.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#455568 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, but gay crap just kinda bugs me.
btw - if i'm not mistaken, you're mixed (afro-caucasion) right?:)
LOL *snort*

Fenton, MI

#455569 Mar 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying. Pagiarism is not a law, it is an academic rule. While it is nice to cite other people's words in common communications it is rarely done and there is no law against it and it is not theft in the legal sense of "theft".
All the word is used for here is to make personal attacks. I am sure those deriding plagarism have done so themselves, have stolen music and movies (note all the youtube links) and for worse than C&P something on a public BBS.
It is not just an academic rule, it is an ethical concept.

Only dishonest folks intentionally copy the words of others and present them as their own.

Albuquerque, NM

#455570 Mar 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Judas had a role to play. But ever since, his name is synonymous with snitch.
...man's decision to play it out this way.

Fenton, MI

#455571 Mar 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a so-called "Christian"?
If not, why are no longer a "Christian"?
If you have come here for a "good discussion", why don't you start one?
Welcome to the forum.
I do believe it is the thread's regular troll.

Fenton, MI

#455572 Mar 29, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you? Sorry sweets, I was in a mood and thought you were talking to me. I don't think plagiarism covers topix and places like it though and people never pay attention to fair use. I am sorry, I didn't think you thought I was a thief, I just asked to clarify.
Incorrect.

Fair use is a legal concept.

Plagiarism is an ethical concept.

The fair use doctrine (17 U.S.C., Section 107) of the US copyright law allows the use of a small portion of a copyrighted work without the author's permission or payment of a royalty to the author. Fair use is an exception to copyright infringement, not an exception to plagiarism.

The amount of the copyrighted work that may be used under the fair use doctrine depends on a number of factors such as the nature of the original work, the size of the original work in relation to the amount of it that is used, the purpose of the use, etc. Use of more than a small portion without permission can be a violation of both civil and criminal law in the US, though the criminal law generally is not invoked except in aggravated cases such as knowingly redistributing the material for a profit -- pirating.

Plagiarism is a breach of ethics not of law -- a matter of dishonesty and not necessarily a legal matter, though in the appropriate circumstances it may be a basis for legal claims of various sorts -- fraud, breach of contract, etc.

One does not present the work of another author as if it were one's own, through the lack of proper attribution, even if the use would be "fair" under copyright law or even if the work is in the public domain. One cannot infringe Shakespeare’s texts but one still can plagiarize from them.

I have seen all kinds of claims from you as to why you should not be considered a plagiarist -- it was fair use, it was common knowledge, and many other frivolous claim.

The point is, your copy and paste job, without citing your source, was plagiarism -- literary theft. It was unfair to the original author, unfair to the readers of this thread, and especially unfair to me since you have repeatedly lied about me after I called you on it.

But your plagiarism and, especially, your subsequent behavior in trying to dodge the obvious and in lying about me do have some value: They show your moral bankruptcy, Christian.

Albuquerque, NM

#455573 Mar 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he?
Not according to the oldest source.
The Judas myth is an excellent example of the mythmaking of early Christianity.
I wrote about it in a little more detail a while back. I called it:
Growing Up Iscariot
http://xcntrik.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/growi...
Thanks for the link to the article, X....good stuff sir.

Albuquerque, NM

#455574 Mar 29, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe it is the thread's regular troll.
Just in case, let's give the poster the benefit of a doubt to post a response.

:o)

Okay, okay, I'm a little more lenient than the next guy....*smiles*....

We'll see how honest the person is, which can give us a gauge of his/her intentions in a non-Christian forum.

Maybe he/she likes to be persecuted? Who am I to say what things bring comfort to someone.

*shrugs*

Fenton, MI

#455575 Mar 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just in case, let's give the poster the benefit of a doubt to post a response.
:o)
Okay, okay, I'm a little more lenient than the next guy....*smiles*....
We'll see how honest the person is, which can give us a gauge of his/her intentions in a non-Christian forum.
Maybe he/she likes to be persecuted? Who am I to say what things bring comfort to someone.
*shrugs*
To this point, I have.

I could be wrong, but I'm reasonably sure it is him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Doctor Justice_ 878,059
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 5 min Ajay 559
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 11 min Johnny 66
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 29 min USaWorldWarmongerer 435
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 31 min Johnny 151
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min USaWorldWarmongerer 177,848
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 41,130
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 7,967
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr RoSesz 603,170
More from around the web