Why I’m no longer a Christian

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#455140 Mar 27, 2013
Messanger wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stupid...your words are low-life.......you say your a witch.......you are utterly stupid...trash.
Takes one to know one.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#455141 Mar 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
There's just one. Well, per side.
You got me....*sighs*.....you are correct.

Darn it!!

Albuquerque, NM

#455142 Mar 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>1.The Messiah will be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2).
The average population of Bethlehem from the time of Micah to the present (1958) divided by the average population of the earth during the same period = 7,150/2,000,000,000 or 2.8x105.
2.A messenger will prepare the way for the Messiah (Malachi 3:1).
One man in how many, the world over, has had a forerunner (in this case, John the Baptist) to prepare his way?
Estimate: 1 in 1,000 or 1x103.
3.The Messiah will enter Jerusalem as a king riding on a donkey (Zechariah 9:9).
One man in how many, who has entered Jerusalem as a ruler, has entered riding on a donkey?
Estimate: 1 in 100 or 1x102.
4.The Messiah will be betrayed by a friend and suffer wounds in His hands (Zechariah 13:6).
One man in how many, the world over, has been betrayed by a friend, resulting in wounds in his hands?
5.The Messiah will be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12).
Of the people who have been betrayed, one in how many has been betrayed for exactly 30 pieces of silver?
6.The betrayal money will be used to purchase a potter's field (Zechariah 11:13).
One man in how many, after receiving a bribe for the betrayal of a friend, has returned the money, had it refused, and then experienced it being used to buy a potter's field?
Estimate: 1 in 100,000 or 1x105.
7.The Messiah will remain silent while He is afflicted (Isaiah 53:7).
One man in how many, when he is oppressed and afflicted, though innocent, will make no defense of himself?
8.The Messiah will die by having His hands and feet pierced (Psalm 22:16).
One man in how many, since the time of David, has been crucified?
Estimate: 1 in 10,000 or 1x104.
Multiplying all these probabilities together produces a number (rounded off) of 1x1028. Dividing this number by an estimate of the number of people who have lived since the time of these prophecies (88 billion) produces a probability of all 8 prophecies being fulfilled accidently in the life of one person. That probability is 1in 1017 or 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. That's one in one hundred quadrillion!
Great - we can see you can add, subtract, multiply and divide.

*applauds*

What is your point?

Where is your support to this "mathematical theory"?

Who really cares?

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#455143 Mar 27, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Christian Words of Wisdom
<quoted text>
Are you another Deranged Atheist
Huh

Franklin, NC

#455144 Mar 27, 2013
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>Six years of whining and I never get tired!
How can so many posters rent space in my head at the same time?
There are no brain cells in the way!
PWNED!
Huh

Franklin, NC

#455145 Mar 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>But hell doesn't empirically exist. Now what? LOL @ an adult wrapped up in bronze-age mythology. What a chickenshit coward.
PWNED SQUARED!
Einstein

Franklin, NC

#455146 Mar 27, 2013
babysan wrote:
And now, back to sitting on the thread all day in breathless anticipation of replying to someone, anyone, immediately. I am the ultimate thread squatter. How do you like that there irony?
My life is awesome. God be praised!
U=PAWNED CUBED!
EUREKA!
Huh

Franklin, NC

#455147 Mar 27, 2013
ME=GAY MAXIMUS
Huh

Franklin, NC

#455148 Mar 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Great - we can see you can add, subtract, multiply and divide.
*applauds*
What is your point?
Where is your support to this "mathematical theory"?
Who really cares?
The statistical universe would have to take notice of those odds... And does.
Huh

Franklin, NC

#455149 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing .. if either of those were present my doctor would be rather shocked, so would everyone who knows me, especially the Adam's apple. However many women have an Adam's apple, genetic ones, so you really just betrayed you don't know many people in real life.
It's true. My experience only involves males and females.
What the fcuk were you, again?
Huh

Franklin, NC

#455150 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing .. if either of those were present my doctor would be rather shocked, so would everyone who knows me, especially the Adam's apple. However many women have an Adam's apple, genetic ones, so you really just betrayed you don't know many people in real life.
Either way, you could use a dick!
What a coincidence!
I'm gay!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#455151 Mar 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Asexual, I don't care what you do with your genitals as long as it doesn't involve me at all.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#455152 Mar 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not know many of either males or females, but then if you saw one that contradicted your stupid assertions you'd still think they were transgendered anyway because you couldn't admit you're completely uneducated and a social outcast.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#455153 Mar 27, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEW0RLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Chris Hedges, Christian Right and Rise of American F "
All debates with the Christian Right are useless. We cannot reach this movement. It does not want a dialogue. It cares nothing for rational thought and discussion... They hate us. They hate the liberal, enlightened world formed by the Constitution. Our opinions do not count.
This movement will not stop until we are ruled by Biblical Law, an authoritarian church intrudes in every aspect of our life, women stay at home and rear children, gays agree to be cured, abortion is considered murder, the press and the schools promote "positive" Christian values, the federal government is gutted, war becomes our primary form of communication with the rest of the world and recalcitrant non-believers see their flesh eviscerated at the sound of the Messiah's voice.
You almost won me over to your side with this....

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#455154 Mar 27, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEW0RLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>OOPS missing words'...RISE OF AMerican Fascism
....and then you posted this America-hating piece of shit.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#455156 Mar 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
high beam wrote:
Oooooo!
I'd love to bitch-slap waassp with my size 52 breasts.
But I'm only available on weekends...lol
<quoted text>
No - you would get a couple of black eyes!!
Them thar "slappin'" you, can be dangerous "missiles" if you are looking the wrong way.
:o)
Love ya high beam!!
:o)
LOL

Luv u2
:D

Albuquerque, NM

#455157 Mar 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
The statistical universe would have to take notice of those odds... And does.
The Universe? Don't you mean men?

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#455158 Mar 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we think you're a hypocrite. You pretend to believe in something that you don't actually believe in; otherwise, your behavior would match what you claim to believe.
Well, if you read the bible it was written by men for men. Women aren't people. They are children and should be treated as such (according to the bible) so in accordance to that, he is treating us like he "should". A warm place to put his dick.

And I just realized why the church has such a massive problem diddling innocent children.

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#455159 Mar 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus saves, why is he always broke?
I am so happy I swallowed my water before I read this. LMAO

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#455160 Mar 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>1.The Messiah will be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2).
The average population of Bethlehem from the time of Micah to the present (1958) divided by the average population of the earth during the same period = 7,150/2,000,000,000 or 2.8x105.
"Your", and I use that term loosely, probability analysis is nonsense.

First, cite your sources. Your source, either directly or indirectly, is a summary by David Reagan of chapter 2 of Peter Stoner's book, Science Speaks: Scientific Proof of the Accuracy of Prophecy and the Bible.

Interestingly enough, Stoner appears to have been a thief, too, having used the work, also without attribution, of George Davis in his book, Fulfilled Prophecies that Prove the Bible. Being a professor at a minor college, he *had* to know better.

Regardless, fulfilling prophesy works only if the events really happened and the prophesy is accurateely interpreted. With respect to the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem, it is a late addition to the gospel narrative designed to allow Jesus to be born in Bethlehem.

The first canonical gospel, Mark, is silent about that dubious story. Matthew's and Luke's authors added it decades later. As Raymond Brown notes with respect to Luke's account:

Minor difficulties [with Luke’s narrative] are that there was no single census of the whole Roman Empire under Augustus, and that there is no evidence that the Roman censuses required one to go to one's place of ancestry (unless one had property there). More serious is Luke's connection between the reign of Herod the Great (1:5)[See also Matthew 2] and the census under Quirinius. Herod died in 4.B.C.; Quirinius became governor in Syria and conducted the first roman census in Judea in A.D. 6-7 - and notice it was a census of Judea not of Galilee as Luke assumes.[Also note in] Acts 5:37, Luke mistakenly mentions the revolt of Judas the Galilean (provoked by the census of Quirinius) after the revolt of Theudas which occurred in A.D. 44-46.

-- Raymond E. Brown, Christ in the Gospels of the Liturgical Year (Liturgical Press, 2008), p. 119, n. 2.

Brown was a Catholic priest and a professor at Union Theological Seminary. You can imagine non-believing scholars are even less gentle when it comes to that story. And even the earliest Christian commentators have struggled to make the claims in it fit historical reality.

But forget the historical problems for a moment, the notion that Augustus ordered the mass migration of a whole people for a census and that was follow by Herod's mass slaughter of those folks' toddlers but no historian -- only NT fiction writers -- noticed those events is beyond the pale.

Your other claims fare no better.

So what do you have when you got a false claim Jesus fulfilled prophesy and a claim that that falsity proves something statistically?

You have a high probability that lying (and in this case thieving) Christians were involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 64,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 654,454
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 25 min Steve III 509
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min Steve III 45,302
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min HipGnosis 183,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,957
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 106,611
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web